“Lovely Family-Run Luxury Resort.”

Evgenia Villas & Suites
Ranked #11 of 79 Hotels in Fira
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Lovely Family-Run Luxury Resort.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I couldn't be happier with our stay at Villa Evgenia, the hotel was beautiful and so close to town.

George was lovely and very helpful, with great recommendations. He filled us in on the best local beaches to check out, arranged quad bike hire and brought us room service from his family restaurant when we wanted to stay in for the evening.

The food was incredible, you could really taste that it's made with love. The pool area was exquisite, a great place to relax and unwind in the sun. George even let us put on our own chillout music through the pool PA system, and asked us for a copy when we left.

I would not hesitate to book Villa Evgenia again! And would definately recommend it to all my friends!

Thanks George and Family!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd level - great view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Santorini is an amazing place to visit, especially with your loved one. My wife and I had an amazing time and what made it even more special is the place we stayed it. You are literally a couple blocks away from one of the main districts and their hospitality is excellent. The room is beautiful and if you are planning for the "perfect" hotel, then this place is the spot. Thank you George for everything!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent a very pleasant week at this perfect little hotel which lived upto all our expectations. Our room was very well presented and cleaned every day. George and his team arevery friendly and helpful. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing and comfortable stay in beautiful Santorini

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were clean and spacious, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the location was perfect - just a 10 minute walk from town. The prices were very reasonable as well, and George was super helpful when it came to providing recommendations about places to eat, places to see, etc. He was also very accommodating on our last day there - we had to check out by 11, but since our flight wasn't until later in the afternoon, George allowed us to hang out by the pool until it was time to head to the airport. It was also very helpful that the hotel provided transportation to and from the airport. All in all, a great place to stay, I would HIGHLY recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. George was extremely friendly and accommodating. You can ask him anything - sightseeing advice, where to eat, etc. The room was kept quite clean and comfortable. The location is just a short walk (5 minutes) away from the main shops and bars. Price was very reasonable.

Room Tip: Just ask George :)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed October 14, 2013

New and spacious suites. Friendly and helpful staff. Mini mart to buy water, wine, grocery, etc. is less than a five minute walk. You can walk to the main street in Fira in less than 10 minutes. Definitely arrange to be picked up from the airport (the hotel offers that free of charge).

Most of the suggestions by the staff for food, places to see, etc. turned out to be accurate and helpful.

Room Tip: There are three price levels. You should choose the mid-price (not the cheapest) if you expect to ha...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Fernando, Philippines
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went to Santorini to relax and have a few days off of the busy city life of my two-month holiday in Europe. I booked my reservation just a few days before my flight to Santorini; George was very much accommodating even if I booked my stay at the last minute. He was very responsive and helpful - he replies IMMEDIATELY to my messages that's why everything proceeded smoothly. He arranged my transfer from the airport to the hotel by sending the hotel's driver and his car to pick me up. When I arrived, he welcomed me at the front desk and gave me tips to have an amazing stay at Santorini - maps, flyers, and business cards were given to me upon my arrival. George and his staff's service was amazing!

The room I stayed in was very quiet at night, no disturbing noise around the room which allowed me to sleep well. The rooms were kept and cleaned everyday! The towels were replaced and the bathroom was cleaned every time i left the room. Even if I left my valuables inside the room while I was out, nothing was lost and the house keeper didn't move any of my stuff. The pools were also accessible from my room, which was plus. The room was very cozy and relaxing.

The bus station at the center of Thira was very much accessible from the hotel. The cable cars going to the old port where the island tours begin is also very near the hotel. Thira's center - all the restaurants, church, banks, etc were act

The breakfast was not included, I had to pay 5euros each time I avail it. 5euros wasn't bad for a continental breakfast prepared by George's mom. The view from the hotel restaurant was breath taking especially when I had my breakfast when the sun was just rising. Good food with good ambiance!

George has a very wide range of connections around the island. He recommended great restaurants and great tours which I went to. He also was very helpful to someone like me who doesn't really follow an itinerary. All his recommendations were great! He invited me to a party but unfortunately, I wasn't able to go. He was very helpful, accommodating, and approachable. He was more of a friend than a hotel manager!

Finally, he personally drove me, along with two other guests, to the airport early in the morning! I asked him to just book me cab since my flight was early in the morning, but he insisted to drive us to the airport.

All in all, I got way more than my money's worth! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo