“Nice and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Toronto
“Nice and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

New and spacious suites. Friendly and helpful staff. Mini mart to buy water, wine, grocery, etc. is less than a five minute walk. You can walk to the main street in Fira in less than 10 minutes. Definitely arrange to be picked up from the airport (the hotel offers that free of charge).

Most of the suggestions by the staff for food, places to see, etc. turned out to be accurate and helpful.

Room Tip: There are three price levels. You should choose the mid-price (not the cheapest) if you expect to ha...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Fernando, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went to Santorini to relax and have a few days off of the busy city life of my two-month holiday in Europe. I booked my reservation just a few days before my flight to Santorini; George was very much accommodating even if I booked my stay at the last minute. He was very responsive and helpful - he replies IMMEDIATELY to my messages that's why everything proceeded smoothly. He arranged my transfer from the airport to the hotel by sending the hotel's driver and his car to pick me up. When I arrived, he welcomed me at the front desk and gave me tips to have an amazing stay at Santorini - maps, flyers, and business cards were given to me upon my arrival. George and his staff's service was amazing!

The room I stayed in was very quiet at night, no disturbing noise around the room which allowed me to sleep well. The rooms were kept and cleaned everyday! The towels were replaced and the bathroom was cleaned every time i left the room. Even if I left my valuables inside the room while I was out, nothing was lost and the house keeper didn't move any of my stuff. The pools were also accessible from my room, which was plus. The room was very cozy and relaxing.

The bus station at the center of Thira was very much accessible from the hotel. The cable cars going to the old port where the island tours begin is also very near the hotel. Thira's center - all the restaurants, church, banks, etc were act

The breakfast was not included, I had to pay 5euros each time I avail it. 5euros wasn't bad for a continental breakfast prepared by George's mom. The view from the hotel restaurant was breath taking especially when I had my breakfast when the sun was just rising. Good food with good ambiance!

George has a very wide range of connections around the island. He recommended great restaurants and great tours which I went to. He also was very helpful to someone like me who doesn't really follow an itinerary. All his recommendations were great! He invited me to a party but unfortunately, I wasn't able to go. He was very helpful, accommodating, and approachable. He was more of a friend than a hotel manager!

Finally, he personally drove me, along with two other guests, to the airport early in the morning! I asked him to just book me cab since my flight was early in the morning, but he insisted to drive us to the airport.

All in all, I got way more than my money's worth! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Gold Coast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

had been travelling Europe and Santorini on the way home, we were not very happy at this hotel its old on the wrong side of the caldera its more of a backpackers that is too expensive. Our room was old and tired the bed uncomfortable just not a great experience. I was travelling with my daughter and we were put into a room with one double bed, and they knew this before we arrived , I had many emails before we arrived. The host was friendly enough but did not go out of his way at all, although they did pick us up from the ferry and drop us at the airport free of charge. it was fine if it had have been cheaper, not a comfortable stay at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steph63GoldCoast
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

My sister and I recently stayed at Evgenia and I recommend it wholeheartedly. Everybody we met went above and beyond to help ensure we had a memorable stay in Santorini. We were upgraded to a large suite with a nice view of the sea - it really was incredibly good value. George was a wonderful host - extremely welcoming and helpful - making reservations for us, as well as being very well organised. The hotel is a short walk from the Fira township, but this is great as it is a peaceful and quiet area. Evgenia has a lovely vibe and George and his family make it a truly special place to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel, George and Bill went out of there way to make our stay here awesome. They helped with tours and transport. Nothing was a drama. The rooms were clean, the shower was large, breakfast was amazing! Was the best breakfast we have had on our 7 week journey through Europe.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed for 4 nights in Evgenia. They new rooms are really beautiful, Santorini style so to say. We also enjoyed the hospitality from George and his staff.
They help you with car/atv rental, give tips for Island visits, good wifi available, breakfast is simple but nice, it's really clean and just 300m outside of Fira.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Recently stayed at Evgenia and it was fantastic...our favorite hotel throughout our entire trip in Greece. Our suite was huge, clean and even had a pretty good view of the sunrise. George, Bill and the entire staff were so helpful with anything we needed. Not only did we stay at the hotel, but we also had George plan our wedding. He set us up with the officiant, a great photographer, a fantastic restaurant, and even held our baby during the ceremony! The wedding cost less than it would have through any other planners I contacted in Santorini, and it really went off perfectly. If you're going to get married in Santorini, you need to call George at Evgenia. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites
Antonia Hotel Santorini
Tzekos Villas
Tzekos Villas
#14 of 80 in Fira

Been to Evgenia Villas & Suites? Share your experiences!