“Great stay and experience”

Evgenia Villas & Suites
Ranked #12 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in late August 2013... and we are so happy we chose this place... although we got in @ 6am and didn't get to check in until 12 (bc of a light emergency) the service was phenomenal... just as others reviews describe George...he is GREAT! He made our experience there so much better... he told us places to go- made reservations for us... and our transfers were at no cost- which was great! George and his family are very friendly and this makes for a great experience.

The hotel itself is quaint, perfect location right near the bus terminal and walking distance of other things... we rented an ATV and Santorini in a whole is very easy to learn... you can feel pretty comfortable after a day or so of driving around... the hotel grounds are very well maintained and although small it is very cute. The rooms are very clean and well maintained.

The only down part was that the bed was a little hard... not to my liking... but I was so tired each night that I slept good...

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay again.

Thanks to George!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

First time visiting Santorini and not my last, the hotel is spotless and so well kept that it felt brand new! George and (Bruce Willis) as we called him really looked after us from the moment we arrived, George and his staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome, we were shown where to go, what to see and given great tips. The pool was perfect for chilling in the day and we were given free little treats in the week, fresh melon and a nice shots of Georges dads home made wine (delish) we bought several bottles from George, and one night George even came out and partied with us. The food in the hotel was lovely, we had the greek salad most days, the self service bar was perfect so we never had to wait around to be served. Our twin room was perfect overlooking a pool, the shower was great, bed was comfy, I can not fault anything. We did a walk to Oia one morning (in flip flops) took us 3 hours and by god it was so worth the wait! absolutely stunning, I can see why many people get married in santorini! I have always wanted white sands on holiday but Santorini has completely blown me away, the restaurants, the food, the people and this hotel made it one of the best holidays experiences I have ever had and I can't wait to go back. Santorini & Evgenia Villas are magical and the staff are second to none, you can see how proud and professional they are, go to this hotel, we know we chose the best one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I'd like to thank George for his kindness and the very nice days I've spent in Santorini. Everything was perfect during my stay : the transfert from the new port, the room which was really nice and clean, the tips he gave me to visit the island (restaurant, scooter rental, ...). I've to underline that everything is tastefully decorated and designed, which is really enjoyable. The swimming pool, the Greek breakfast, ... fit also with the typical environment. If I return one more time to Santorini (and for sure I will), I'll go back there !

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We chose Evgenia Villas because of the reviews and we were definately little disappointed. The staff were very helpful and made us feel so welcome and really looked after us. Pool (not big) and room were spotless. The location is not the perfect, it is not close to beaches and far away from the bus station in Thira town.You have to rent a car or moto!

Room Tip: Rent a moto for your trips at Santorini, except if you like to walk.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Choni G
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed two days in this hotel. The rooms are modern and beautiful, and the view (from 110) was amazing overlooking a gorgeous pool and the beach skyline in the distance. And the bed was super king size, I don't even know what to call it!

But what really makes this hotel is George and his family who run it with love, from the personal attention he gives each guest, to the recommendations around the island, helping out with lifts and transport, and genuinely caring deeply that your stay in the island will be great.

The amenities are basic. Spacious, Wifi, beautiful matching decor, great views, local TV, and a fridge/safe. The bar by the pool is self service, and also staffed during the day. What is there is perfect though. The pool is beautiful, especially at sunrise and sunset, and in the evening when lit up. Quad/Scooter rental organised to the door, with nice new bikes not some of the oldies going around elsewhere on the island. And all the staff were friendly and eager to help.

The location for me was perfect. An easy 8-10 minute walk to the centre square. Any closer and the noise from the revellers partying in the centre becomes a possible issue.

Try the family wine, especially some of the sweet. And if you get a chance, visit his cousins restaurant. I'm a Melbourne foodie and it was absolutely fantastic. A nice quiet secluded location by the beach, with food to die for. Stuffed Calamari, Grilled Squid, ice cream and souffle, all were delicious and perfect. Apart from the wedding i attended this trip, it was the best dinner I have eaten so far!

All up, with the personal attention shown, the modern looking hotel, and George's hand picked quality connections around the island, it was a perfect stay. Thanks George!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I really cannot comment on the hotel itself since me and my girlfriend only got to see the reception area. However I have only positive things to say about my stay in Santorini thanks mainly to George, the owner/manager at Evgenia Vilas & Suites. After Bill (Evgenia's driver) picked us up from the airport, punctually and with a friendly attitude; George, received us with an amazing surprise. He sent us free of charge to his "White House" location. It is a newly remodeled house right in the nicest part of Fira, the capital of Santorini. It has a wonderful view to the caldera and it is surrounded by the best hotels and restaurants of the island, and you have the privacy of your own house. It was just amazing. Estelios, Geroge's cousin, met with us and carried our bags all the way to the house, which was nothing short of a 5 star hotel room: New comfortable bathroom, two new King size beds, new TVs, new kitchen, and a front private patio bigger than any in the hotels I saw in Santorini. After staying in the "White House" I wish we had spent a few more days in Santorini instead of Mykonos.

Room Tip: Ask for the "white house"
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarlosTravelTips
Reviewed August 29, 2013

WONDERFUL! I was so relaxed here. My favorite part of the stay here was the hotel environment. It was so relaxing. The colors, the decor, the poolside (my favorite), everything was in top notch shape. The staff were friendly, accommodating and had great advice to give! It´s a 10 minute walk to the center which made the stay more relaxing because you don´t hear all the noise. I consider myself an avid traveler and I highly recommend this hotel if you want to enjoy Santorini in a comfortable and classy way.

3  Thank erijade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
2 mi away
#7 of 81 in Fira
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
#1 of 21 in Firostefani

Been to Evgenia Villas & Suites? Share your experiences!