“The location is not the perfect!”

Evgenia Villas & Suites
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
“The location is not the perfect!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We chose Evgenia Villas because of the reviews and we were definately little disappointed. The staff were very helpful and made us feel so welcome and really looked after us. Pool (not big) and room were spotless. The location is not the perfect, it is not close to beaches and far away from the bus station in Thira town.You have to rent a car or moto!

Room Tip: Rent a moto for your trips at Santorini, except if you like to walk.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Choni G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed two days in this hotel. The rooms are modern and beautiful, and the view (from 110) was amazing overlooking a gorgeous pool and the beach skyline in the distance. And the bed was super king size, I don't even know what to call it!

But what really makes this hotel is George and his family who run it with love, from the personal attention he gives each guest, to the recommendations around the island, helping out with lifts and transport, and genuinely caring deeply that your stay in the island will be great.

The amenities are basic. Spacious, Wifi, beautiful matching decor, great views, local TV, and a fridge/safe. The bar by the pool is self service, and also staffed during the day. What is there is perfect though. The pool is beautiful, especially at sunrise and sunset, and in the evening when lit up. Quad/Scooter rental organised to the door, with nice new bikes not some of the oldies going around elsewhere on the island. And all the staff were friendly and eager to help.

The location for me was perfect. An easy 8-10 minute walk to the centre square. Any closer and the noise from the revellers partying in the centre becomes a possible issue.

Try the family wine, especially some of the sweet. And if you get a chance, visit his cousins restaurant. I'm a Melbourne foodie and it was absolutely fantastic. A nice quiet secluded location by the beach, with food to die for. Stuffed Calamari, Grilled Squid, ice cream and souffle, all were delicious and perfect. Apart from the wedding i attended this trip, it was the best dinner I have eaten so far!

All up, with the personal attention shown, the modern looking hotel, and George's hand picked quality connections around the island, it was a perfect stay. Thanks George!

Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I really cannot comment on the hotel itself since me and my girlfriend only got to see the reception area. However I have only positive things to say about my stay in Santorini thanks mainly to George, the owner/manager at Evgenia Vilas & Suites. After Bill (Evgenia's driver) picked us up from the airport, punctually and with a friendly attitude; George, received us with an amazing surprise. He sent us free of charge to his "White House" location. It is a newly remodeled house right in the nicest part of Fira, the capital of Santorini. It has a wonderful view to the caldera and it is surrounded by the best hotels and restaurants of the island, and you have the privacy of your own house. It was just amazing. Estelios, Geroge's cousin, met with us and carried our bags all the way to the house, which was nothing short of a 5 star hotel room: New comfortable bathroom, two new King size beds, new TVs, new kitchen, and a front private patio bigger than any in the hotels I saw in Santorini. After staying in the "White House" I wish we had spent a few more days in Santorini instead of Mykonos.

Room Tip: Ask for the "white house"
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarlosTravelTips
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed August 29, 2013

WONDERFUL! I was so relaxed here. My favorite part of the stay here was the hotel environment. It was so relaxing. The colors, the decor, the poolside (my favorite), everything was in top notch shape. The staff were friendly, accommodating and had great advice to give! It´s a 10 minute walk to the center which made the stay more relaxing because you don´t hear all the noise. I consider myself an avid traveler and I highly recommend this hotel if you want to enjoy Santorini in a comfortable and classy way.

3 Thank erijade
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was picked up from the airport promptly and taken back to the hotel - although it was way before my check-in (10am) I was allowed to use the pool, guest shower/bathroom, wifi and pool bar. They took care of my luggage while I accessed some Internet. The lovely guy who picked me up (sorry I've forgotten your name!) then gave me some tips on what to do for my 1 night stay in Santorini - how to catch a bus, some nice restaurants, tickets for the volcano 1/2 day tour, best bus time to catch sunset at Oia - made it really easy for a part of my trip I hadn't planned well and was quick in duration - about 30 hours. He also made sure I could do the 1/2 day tour and still be at the other end of the island for commencing a yacht cruise with plenty of time to spare. Very central location if you have only a short time in Santorini and I saw a gorgeous sunrise!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view room
1 Thank Jinksy82
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Excellent!! Great people..... Great rooms.... Great island.... If you are going to Santorini book this hotel!!!! The staff work around the clock to make your stay on the island the beat it could possibly be!!! Ask for George and tell him jd sent you!!! He will hook you up!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

If your travelling alone or with friends Villa Evgenia is the place to be, not only is George and his staff hospitality amazing but the rooms are spaces with great view of the villa and the surroundings that santorini has to offer.

I was travelling alone and with great amazement George accommodated me with a spaces room, that overlooks the sunrise and it was close to the pool. George provided me with great explanation of places to visit that would be of interest to me, restaurants of great taste and tours that enables you to enjoy Santorini's culture and scenery.

Villa Evgenia definitely meets the Santorini and Greek culture with comfort, luxury and beauty. This is experienced through white walls and blue doors of the rooms, and the kind reasurance of staff when you require any assistance throughout your stay. It's definitely the place to stay as it's located in the centre of Fira allowing you to be close to everything from shops,resturants, taxis and buses.

I know next time I visit Santorini where I'm staying, so next time you consider visiting Greece make a trip to Santorini and check Villa Evgenia for yourself and the beauties that it poses :)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Zorica Zoe S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Villa Renos
Villa Renos
#4 of 80 in Fira
Astro Palace Hotel and Suites
Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites
Anteliz Suites Santorini
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments

Been to Evgenia Villas & Suites? Share your experiences!