“Most sincere hospitality I've ever experienced in a hotel!”

Evgenia Villas & Suites
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Fira
“Most sincere hospitality I've ever experienced in a hotel!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

For my high school graduation present I got a trip to Greece with my parents. We stayed at Villa Evgenia Hotel while spending our time in Santorini. I fell in love with this island and the hotel was in a PERFECT location. It was right on the edge of Fira and in walking distance of all of the business of the lively city! The hospitality was the BEST part. George the man running the hotel was so great, he has been taking care of his family's hotel since he was 15. Everyone there is just like a giant family (most of them are! Ha!) the service was wonderful they were happy to acomidate my parents and I in whatever way they could. The rooms are so beautiful. I had a canopy bed, beautifully decorated room with santorini art. My room had a mini fridge, TV (with American channels!!!), great air conditioning, nice shower and the place had Wifi!! Perfect for a teenage girl wanting to stay in touch with friends back home. The room also had all the fruniture needed: bedside tables, closet, desk/make up counter, etc. One of my favorite parts was the litte personal deck each one comes with! The poolside atmosphere was great, equipped with all types of lounge chairs and a poolside bar/ snack bar. The rooms were clean daily and always done to perfection which was good because I am a very messy teenager!
This was hands down my favorite place we stayed in Greece and I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat! George and his family make their customers feel like they are right at home and take great care of their customers!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kristiansand, Norge
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed the last days of my holiday at Ville Evgenia.There was George;an ambitious hardworking hotelowner with a warm personality and a big heart who knew how to take care of me as a guest and person.Always there to help and suggest the best of Santorini.Together with his mother and Bill they created the good atmosphere.Transport to and from the port and airport,making and serving of breakfast,room cleaning of the best sort and hotel as such.Or,only beeing present.All the time the best service.
The room so typical greek in colours and newly decorated.The poolarea with soft music where you can taste the good familywine in the afternoon while the sun makes a warm hue of yellow colour shining at the hotel.
And very practical with scooter and ATV rent just outside the door to a good price,and all latest models.
Aegialos,the familyrestaurant at Fira beach is a must to visit. Antonis,cousin of George,serves the best greek food with the best service.
I recommend Villa Evgenia,a 10 min.walk from the center, very highly to all who want the best hotel in Fira whether you are a family,friends,couple or single.
I look forward to my next stay in september.Thankyou to all of you George for giving me a memorable stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Rolf H
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I had a very nice stay at Villa Evgenia Hotel. Enjoyed the breakfast and pool. Also, very friendly owner and staff, George provided good customer service, such as airport transfer and car rental. We stayed Fira 4 nights and statisfied with everything. If you would like to stay in Fira, this is a good choice. Don't forget to say hello to George.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lyon, France
Reviewed July 5, 2013

It's a family hotel with a pleasent setting. A lovely room (Suite 114): a wonderfully spacious bedrooms with a small balcony. View of the sea (but not of the volcano).
There is a small and nice swimming pool.
We didn't taste the breakfast, because our flight was very early. But the hotel is offering free shuttle service to and from the airport.
We spent only one night in this hotel.
The only bad point: it was a little bit noisy during the night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 4, 2013

One of the best experiences I have had at the Villa Evgenia hotel. George is a fantastic host and gave us a room that suited us in his beautiful hotel. What made it even better was that Bill and George went out of their way to help me. If I ever go back I know where to stay. All the very best George.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Evgenia is not on the caldera side of Santorini, so it was a nice quiet spot. It's about a 10-minute walk to the main part of FIra. The room was charming and had a balcony. The swimming pool was clean and refreshing. But the best part of our stay at the Evgenia was the service -- we were picked up at the airport and we were given extensive directions to things we might want to see and do. George and Bill provided unbeatable service and warm, friendly hospitality from the moment we arrived to the time of our departure. Breakfast was just average, but everything else was great.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I very much enjoyed my stay at Villa Evgenia Hotel. The location is perfect, a short walk to shops and to the center of town. George is one of the most helpful and gracious hosts I've had. He knows all of the great places to see and go and his recommendations on what to do in Santorini were incredibly helpful. I had a great time and I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a beautiful, clean and personal hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Anteliz Suites Santorini
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
Villa Ilias Caldera Hotel
#2 of 21 in Firostefani

Been to Evgenia Villas & Suites? Share your experiences!