“Comfortable stay with good room”
Review of Anatoli Hotel

Anatoli Hotel
Ranked #1 of 50 Fira B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Comfortable stay with good room”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The family that manages this hotel was kind enough in trying to make our stay comfortable as possible. The rooms are nice and clean & fairly big. Its neither a luxury hotel nor one which is absolutely basic so it fitted our requirements well. We really enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Its about 15 minutes walking from the market though there is a confusing shortcut which will take you half the time. I would surely stay here once again if I were to ever go back to Santorini.

Room Tip: Dont forget to ask the shortcut to the market
1 Thank Neeraj V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Greek first
Bournemouth
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just came back from Santorini and I feel I have to give a brilliant review for our hotel in Fira as we spent 2 happy weeks there. The owner, who speaks English, is so concerned to make you feel at home and welcome from the moment you arrive. She is a mine of information and advice and will book things for you and arrange anything you need. The hotel is spotless, the food home made and mostly delicious and the rooms spacious and pleasant with sea views.
the location isn't in the centre of the town, but it is a nice short walk from all the shops and the bus station and at night, it is blissfully quiet.From Fira bus station, you can board brand new luxury coaches which can take you in all the main destinations on the island. We intended to rent a car but we didn't need to in the end.A fantastic gourmet restaurant is 10 minutes away, called the "Pelican Pikos" which we visited every night once we found it.
We had a fabulous time and would love to return one day.

1 Thank Daniele C
Bruxelles
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I am very happy I stayed at Anatoli hotel. Eva and Maria are doing a great job and really take care of you everytime you need it - from breakfast to excursions. The place is quiet, only 5 minutes on foot from Fira centre and Caldera view - the rooms are very clean and spacious - I had a wonderful view from my terrace (lateral view on sea but other side/not caldera view). There is also a beautiful church nearby and my balcony was just in front of it. Just great ! There is also a very nice pool - with sunbeds. The area is very quiet and clean. The price/quality ratio is very high. You couldn't ask for more - every detail is looked after by the 2 ladies who run this family business and if you look for a budget place, this is THE place you have to choose. You won't regret it. I would definitely stay there if I have the chance to travel to Santorini again !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank tequila19
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is a great hotel if you cannot afford the hotels with the views (they are fabulous views!). It has a large pool which is clean. The breakfast is fantastic and home made. The location is great if you want to walk everywhere. There is a path behind the hotel that leads you directly to the town centre. Really quick and easy. The lady who runs the hotel offers great advice about things to do in the area. When we were at the pool she dropped over a jug of water because it was so hot. That was really nice. She was very considerate of her guests.

Decore in the rooms is old fashioned and I would advise a room in the main house as we had one that overlooked the really busy and very noisy road. Try to avoid.

1 Thank happy83_12
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Well it is a year later and I did say in my last review that I would love to come back and stay at the Anatoli. Once again it did not fail to impress! A year later with a cloudy memory I was still able to find my way first time through the alleyways to Fira with no problems, as did the 2 girls. It is easy to find either via the main road or the back alleys. This visit I took my second daughter and niece (both 18). We had a two bedroom apartment with a small balcony. We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay once again. The cleanliness of the room and all the areas of the hotel and pool is impressive. Sometimes when you stay for 8 nights the cleaners tend to whizz over the place but it was like coming in everyday to a spring cleaned room with clean linen regularly. The pool has to the THE best in the whole of Santorini for sure! Even though the hotel was full there was never a shortage of sun loungers and the environment was always peaceful. Evaggelia and Maria are so friendly and helpful and nothing was ever too much bother. And they always asked at what seemed to be the exact right moment if I wanted a cappuccino, a water or a wine. They really understand the meaning of excellent customer service and the extra touches ie gorgeous dining garden with bird, background music etc is so refreshing when travelling. The cleaning staff and the lovely man Mr (I cannot remember his name at this moment-Asallis?) who picked us up from the airport are both lovely and friendly. It is like home away from home. A bonus was having wi-fi in the dining and pool area - this kept the girls in touch so they could send photos of themselves by the pool to the other side of the world to their friends in the snow! Also being able to order a lunch ie pizza, toasted sandwich etc when we couldnt be bothered going into Fira is really convenient. I came away feeling extremely well rested and spoilt. I will go again and I will stay at the Anatoli again for sure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
Reviewed September 12, 2012

great Hotel, not far from the town center. The rooms are small but clean and confortable. there is air conditioned and fridge in every room. The bathroom could be better, but for a small vacation it's perfect..! the most beautiful feature of this hotel is the large swimming pool and the garden where breakfast is served! In conclusion: very raccomended!!

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for four nights in August, 2012, and loved it.

The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk from the centre of cliffslide Fira (which is also the main transport hub), and you can get there either by walking along a main road, or finding your way through the shortcuts of the labyrinth of pedestrians alleys the wind between local residences for a more authentic feel of the area. The building is in the standard Santorini style, with two big Santorini churches on either side (one of a big hill overlooking the hotel, and one right at the front).

Our room had a nice little balcony overlooking the distant beach with sunrise views, but was a bit run-down - the bathroom and shower looking particularly old. However, we didn't spend much time in there so it didn't bother us much. Each morning, we'd head into the courtyard for a wonderful breakfast of greek yoghurt and breads and spreads, and each day they baked something new which was a nice surprise - sometimes little pizza slices, or cheese and spinach pies. Then we'd go for a refreshing dip in the pool (surrounded by Santorini style buildings and churches) before heading out for the day. The staff were exceptionally helpful with booking tours and they were really friendly, too, and everyone just seemed happy.

I'd definitely recommend this place for people waiting to explore the island of Santorini as it seems to give you a nice local feel from what is essentially a very touristy town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the sunrise!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple