“The Best Fotos ever had”

Santorini Photo Safari
Ranked #11 of 22 Outdoor Activities in Fira
More attraction details
Owner description: A different sightseeing of Santorini. These photography focused land tours provide unique opportunities to sharpen your skills and capture memories for a lifetime, while you have the chance to visit the most traditional villages. Groups are small - up to 8 persons, so you'll get hands on instruction from an experienced professional photographer. These photo tours are also a great way to explore the island from one end to the other and discover a different non touristic part of it. Ideal for those who want to see the island through a photographer's eyes. Private photo shooting sessions can be also arranged for families, couples and Honeymooners.
Agios Dimitrios, Greece
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Best Fotos ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

The best foto team ever in Santorini.
Kind , profeesional and they know excactly how to shoot.
The result was excellent .

Visited July 2014
7 Thank Angelos S

Cardiff, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Santorini photo safari, excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I found myself returning to Santorini for a second time, only this time armed with an entry level DSLR camera(Samsung NX20). I'd travelled much of Greece cheating with the automatic settings but always wanted to learn how to use the manual settings. While researching my current trip I came across a trip advisor review about Santorini photo safari. I contacted them by email & received a reply from a man by the name of Tryfon the next day. We exchanged numerous emails prior to my visit & I made arrangements to join one of his tours. By the time I got to Santorini the tour was fully booked so he went out of his way to take me on a private tour of the island at no extra cost. I was collected from my hotel & chauffeured from one end of the island to another. I was shown places I could return to the following day when I had more time & also taken to many places where I would not have ventured on my own, like Pyrgos for example.

I was guided through the manual settings on my camera as we walked the many backstreets & alleyways that Santorini has to offer. We stopped in Pyrgos for a Greek coffee(my first) & discussed cameras, settings, effects, lenses. I was travelling on a very tight budget & the 90 euro fee was a big outlay for me but in my opinion it was money very well spent. Within our first stop I was already beginning to understand the ins & outs of aperture & shutter speed. Something that had failed to sink in after watching numerous videos in YouTube. I would certainly recommend giving these guys a call if you are a beginner or a seasoned pro as you get one to one tuition & see the non touristic sights at the same time

7 Thank Tyrone R
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A different face of the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We visited Santorini for first time and have been advised by our friends for some certain places to visit on the island. We heard about the photo safari by a lady who joined it a day before.
The minibus picked up from our hotel and Tryfon drove us around the most incredible spots of the island. Not only we enjoyed the photography tips but also we got the best photos of our trip from the hands of an expert! Most important for us was that we visited the most romantic and non-touristic areas of Santorini.
We enjoyed every minute of the ride and while we had to walk a surprise was waiting for us around the corner! Fantastic views that you can’t find alone and Tryfon who was all the time next to us giving valuable tips and advises. I feel much more confident with my camera settings now, and so pleased that we saw a different face of Santorini.
Don’t miss it, it’s the best tour you can have on the island.

7 Thank Martin F
Nyack, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Maybe the best tour of the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Been in Santorini for second time after three years, we were trying to find something attractive to do on the island, as last time we did the very “touristic arrangements”
The receptionist of the hotel Loizos, where we stayed, recommended this photo tour for my husband and me, saying that it would be ideal.
Tryfon, the instructor of the photo tour is a very well mannered person with deep knowledge of his art! He drove us around the most picturesque villages and we discovered a different side of Santorini.
We were able to take the best shots of our holidays and he helped us to understand a lot about the correct management of the light with our cameras.
We enjoyed the walking, up to the castle of Akrotera and Pyrgo.
We spent some time in Fira, but I would suggest him to avoid this part – as it is always crowded and not so much important, as this is a place that everyone will visit on his own!
(Anyway we understand that other people wanted to have a look and take some shots and of course this was not a problem) Ia was fabulous!
We also enjoyed very much posing for him while he was taking pictures of us from every place! That was really fun as we learned somehow to coach a model for different posing.
A big thank you Tryfon for such a wonderful time.
We definitely recommend this tour, especially to the photo enthusiasts!

7 Thank Maria U
Northwood, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent Trip for photographers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great way to find those interesting, colourful places on the island. Excellent guide took us to various locations that we would have never found. He had a good technial knowlegde too. Even emailed some photos of us on the trip afterwards.

Visited May 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

8 Thank angela r