“Amazing place!!!!”

Hotel Suites Blue and Spa
Ranked #76 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I went there with my partner and another couple, we had very nice rooms. Clean, spacious, quite.
Very close to Fira centre, nice staff. I'd definitely go back there again.
The only down side is the breakfast, don't expect to much... We also had to spend the first night in a different hotel, there was a problem with the booking, bit annoying, but not a big deal.
Great place!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank lauraita

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The location of the hotel is bit far. If you are arriving late night to the island ( may be by ferry) make sure you have enough cash in hand because you might have to take a taxi from the port to this hotel. It's bit weird that you don't find any street names and it's hard to find the hotel by your own. However if it's on the day time you can ask the directions from any one and people are really helpful. It's really nice to see out side at 6 am in the morning from the hotel; a calm and peaceful place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vidyani W
Reviewed January 20, 2013

If you go here don't go in the winter, don't expect wifi in your rooms and worse of all, don't expect someone to be there to be helpful and kind.

We were given this recommendation and reservation by a travel agent in Athens. Unfortunately, we arrived on a winter night. The young woman from the van that brought us gave us the keys to our rooms and got the heaters going before she left in the van. We couldn't get the heaters to stay on in our rooms and it was freezing. I walked around the hotel but found no one to help us. On my second time around the building I saw a woman getting in her car. I asked her if she knew if there was someone there to help us and she said, yes my daughter is down there and pointed. Then she left. I found an unlocked lobby where it had been dark and locked but no one was there. I walked all around inside calling but no one came except another guest who was freezing and needed help with their heater also. There was no wifi in our rooms (we were all told there was). But the one place a weak signal came through was if you stood close to the router in the lobby, or if the lobby was locked (and it was often) you could stand outside in the cold next to the lobby. Guests had their bed blankets wrapped around them sitting or standing around outside the locked lobby to acquire wifi.

When the woman who had driven away returned we were in the lobby and I asked her where her daughter was and she said she is around here somewhere. (We think no one was ever there). When we asked her about the heaters and the wifi (we asked nicely) she snapped, "One thing at a time."

We used the wifi there in the lobby to call our agent in Athens to find us another place that had heat. He called back with a new reservation for us at Pelican Hotel. There we had a room with heat and a kind person to greet us and help us.

As we left we asked the woman to direct us to the other hotel and she would not. She also told us we would have to pay for the night anyway and later we found out from our travel agent that he paid for it. Later we met up with friends we made at Blue Suites, they said the heaters were fixed but the water stopped working. Again, there was no one there to help them so they called their travel agent who called someone in Santorini and eventually the water was fixed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank DebieRaeS
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Found the shuttle at the port after some trouble. Upon arriving to the Blue Suites we were moved for two nights to "Milos Villas" which is supposedly the hotel worker's mother. The hotel claimed it was "over booked" so they had to move us. we were not happy. It was definitely annoying to switch back and forth. At milo villas, we had a great breakfast which was way better than the one we had at blue suites. Other than that, the pool is great at both hotels. Air conditioning works great.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Irena S
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I was quite shocked to reserve reviews of this hotel after my stay - I couldn't disagree more about my experience.

The lady at the hotel was lovely and after I initially had trouble finding the provided transport at the dock I called and the told me where to find them.

The rooms are spacious and clean, abd yes there were a few things that were wrong but it wasn't enough for me to dwell on.

Breakfast was simple but tasty and it was lovely sitting outside around the pool.

I got a specialized trip to the airport web I left which was no problem.

All the staff at the hotel were lovely and welcoming and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!!

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank KelRobb
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good points:- Picked up and delivered to ferry on time, good size swimming pool, good continental breakfast, pleasant view.

Bad points:- Smell of sewage from bathroom with window venting into living area, broken sanitary-ware within bathroom, no kettle in room, a request for a first aid kit was answered with `we do not have one`, swimming pool life ring broken but on display for use, no refreshment fidelities at all.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Dolly1728
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I try to be open minded about the reviews on here. We have to take the good with the bad and try to get a true picture..... Before leaving home I emailed the Blue Suites Hotel asking if they could collect us from the airport, a service they promote on their website. I had a reply confirming we would be collected from our flight and the driver is called Andreas. We arrived (20 mins early) at the airport and waited for for the driver. Nothing. My husband bought a phone card (no mobile signal) and tried to ring the hotel. All three numbers we had went to an answer service so after an hour we got into a taxi. We arrived at the hotel and when my husband asked where the transfer driver was the surly woman behind the desk had the cheek to say we were late and he had to leave!!! He never showed.

We were shown to our room which it seems was the Honeymoon Suite (we have been together 30 years) but it was only ours for two days as we would then have to move to another room. I was not impressed with this situation. We had paid for a room with sea views but the room they wanted us to move to didn't have one. My husband went to speak to them and came back saying we would have a sea view in yet another room but we would have to wait until the room had been vacated and cleaned. So we stayed for two days in the 'Honeymoon Suite'. It was a pokey room with a spa bath and a net canopy over the bed. The rooms are supposed to have tea and coffee making facilities. They actually have a kettle. No cups or spoons and no tea or coffee. There was a flat screen tv which we were able to get BBC news on. The bedside light only worked on my husbands side of the room and the bed was like rock. The hotel is a bed and breakfast establishment and that is really all it is. The breakfast was really disappointing. Cheap corn flake style cereal, sliced meat or sliced cheese and french bread, sliced tinned peaches and greek yogurt. The yogurt disappeared after four days and was replaced by hard boiled eggs..... they don't really go with peaches. The lady who ran the breakfast room and did some of the cleaning was the one shining light in this place. She was cheerful and considerate.

Our second room was much better than the Honeymoon Suite. No flat screen tv or BBC news and no spa bath or fancy net over the bed but much more space and a better view from the balcony. However the socket next to the bed was hanging out of the wall and again the bedside light bulb was dead. Also, the light by wardrobe recess didn't work.

The hotel was clean and well presented from the outside so the finishing touches are what let it down. When we had to move to the second room, the breakfast/cleaning lady actually told us to leave our stuff in our 'honeymoon' room and she transferred it all to the new room for us. If you want a quiet location and a bed for the night this hotel would work fine but we booked for 11 nights and the breakfast soon became a stale routine.

Room Tip: Stairs everywhere except on ground floor.