“Home feeling villa with very nice owner”
Review of Villa Danay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fira
Villa Danay
Ranked #51 of 78 Specialty Lodging in Fira
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The owner was really nice and we had a great stay! I went there with my parents and my younger brother and we stayed two nights. We got an apartment with two separate rooms and it was very large. Room was cleaned everyday. The owner was really nice and helpful! I would like to go back again next time. However, it is located 10 mins walk away from Fira town center and the walk was quite tiring for my parents. The toilet was a bit small and there was no one in the reception during afternoon (A clear instruction should be given on the reception door). Everything was great other than these few points.

Room Tip: They provide port/airport transfer, email them before arrival
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KittyTam

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We were recommended the pension by a hotel owner in Perissa who also organised a pick up for us from the bus station when we arrived in Fira which worked perfectly. Also Mr Voula were kind enough to take us to the port the day after - both transfers free of charge. We got a nice girlie twin room with a balcony facing the garden and it was so nice and quiet after the hustle and bustle of the thousand of tourists in Fira town. The town is a 10 minute walk away up a fairly steep hill (just follow the signs to the camping ground) but the streets are well lit at night and it is easy to find. We enjoyed our quiet room as well as the breakfast which is cooked to order and served in the garden. This family clearly has green fingers since the garden (which also has a pool) has pots and plants of all sizes and shapes - great with a spot of green for the eyes! Oh, and we loved the toast with ham and cheese and the hot chocolate croissants for breakfast...:o) Overall good value for money in a quiet area with no traffic and few tourists.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Villa Danay is located 10 minutes walk down the hill from Fira - it is NOT central as advertised. When booking we were promised a studio apartment just a metres from Villa Danay. We were actually given a horrible little room with 5 minutes away and charged full price. The room was dirty, no hairdryer, shower poor, bathroom too dark. We had to walk back up the hill for breakfast each morning. Breakfast itself was also poor. I would not recommend staying here as you can find cheaper hotels in the centre of Fira.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nickbrill
Reviewed July 18, 2011

To start: call the hotel, you'll get a better deal than online. Decent price (about 60-65 euro a night per room). We were greeted warmly an the rooms are quaint on first site. Requires key card to turn on light and AC (don't forget card in room because they WILL take it, we were left without lights and AC overnight). Breakfast is not very good ( we were offered a barely decent ham and cheese grilled sandwich and a doughnut with pretty bad coffee. Not worth waking up for). The free wifi internet works only around pool area and even so is weak. After around 10pm (22:00) you will not be able to get any assistance so don't bother.

Logistics: good AC, no views (besides pool) and some distant mountains, private balconies, friendly family run establishment, decent treatment, very close to Fira center. Good on budget.

Disclosure: I am from NY and a bit picky.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I was picked up at the airport by Vicki, no questions asked. She checked me into my private little spic-and-span room and made sure I was settled. Breakfast was supplied every day. Any accommodations or questions were always answered.

One note, there are no walls in the showers, but I was told by others that this is common in Santorini.

We were about a 10 minute walk from the main town square, but quiet enough that I felt like a local and not like a tourist in a trap. Would DEFINITELY recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JessicaO19
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We had a great time in Santorini , at villa Danay. The hotel is so nice and close to the center, just next to the camping area of Santorini. Free arrival transfer and breakfast is included with the price which is very important. The breakfast was very good, especially croissants were delicious. Rooms are very clean. There is hot water for 24 hours. Wiki the owner of the hotel is very friendly, she told us everything about santorini; where to go, how to go, she also helped us to rent a scooter and they brought the scooter to the hotel.
I am sure you will also have a great holiday at villa Danay.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank armandemirag
Reviewed July 26, 2007

A few days at this special hotel was like home away from home. Vicky, the owner, was most gracious. She met me at the ferry and gave me the best room with a lovely view of the eastside of the island. The room was clean and spacious with a queen size bed and a large balcony The breakfast which was included was made fresh daily and if I was just relaxing at the hotel in the afternoon, she would invite me to a coffee and homemade sweets, while explaining to me everything Greek, including her recipes. The only downside was the ten minute uphill walk from the hotel to downtown which would deter anyone who is physically challenged. The walk itself was pleasant enough as you would enjoy the fragrant flowers blooming nearby. Also note that the swimming pool would not be in use during slow period so if you must have a pool do confirm ahead of time. Only with the last two quibs would I not give this a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo