We stayed in this hotel on 23rd of May.When we arrived at this hotel the owner was rude and abrupt that was the start. We had a family room which was two rooms ajoining. The second room with two single beds had no air con which was Ok but if the weather had have been any warmer the kids would have sweltered. The garden views were of the car park. We were a party of 7 and other family members upstairs had a slight view but this hotel is not directly on the caldera. When we complained about the air con the owner told us if we did not like it to leave. This would have been very difficult as we were such a large family group. I contacted booking .com and they were said we were entitled to our money back but that was eaiser said than done ! especialy as we had young children with us. After this the owner bailed my husband up and verbally abused him and threatend to sue us fo complaing to booking.com. My husband stood his ground and made it clear we had a right to make enquire as to where we stood with a refund. This made us very uncomfortable as he was very abusive and shouting at my husband. I would recommend for people to make bookings with hotels directly and pay a deposit instead of a booking company where you pay the whole amount in advance. That way if you decide to leave you only have a deposit to try to get back. The break fast was limited and not much of it we ate breakfast out a couple of times. On the upside the rooms were very clean, the staff very friendly and the hotel is very close to Fira and the pool area is also Ok. I think the owners attitude let this hotel down more than any thing else. I was also concerned that he was this rude to paying guests what did her treat his staff like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in 2011-12, Philippion boutique hotel is situated on the main street of Fira, just 250 meters from the city centre. This ideal position combines magnificent views of caldera and volcano with all major attractions. Offers comfortable and quiet rooms with unique design and all amenities, swimming pool, restaurant –bar and quality services from experienced staff 24 hours daily. Free arrival transfer and free high speed Wi-Fi are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Philippion Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Philippion Villas Hotel Fira
- Philippion Hotel Fira
- Philippion Boutique Hotel Santorini/Fira