“annandal”
Review of Anemomilos Suites

Anemomilos Suites
Ranked #19 of 52 Fira B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed at Anemomilos Suites from 12th to 15th September. Great place for the price. Well worth the value. Staff were wonderful, picked up from the Port, and taken to the Airport when we left. About 500 metres from town, but still good. A kettle or jug in the room would have given it an excellent rating. Hope to get back there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We arrived as the sun was rising, and yet were met by the smiling face and warm disposition of Stavros at the airport. We were absolutely exhausted & since we had only booked for that evening & the night after, & check-in being in the early afternoon, Stavros really didn't need to go out of his way to help us with our exhaustion! Yet he did. Since the rooms were still occupied at 6 in the morning (!) he arranged the lounge chairs next to the pool for my friend & I, complete with blankets & pillows, where we proceeded to catch up on some sleep for the next few hours. It was such a warm welcome to Santorini, exactly what you need when you haven't slept the night before..! Surprisingly comfortable :) And what a view to fall asleep to!!!

The room we had was large, on two levels, with an incredible view out over the Aegean. For me, this represented excellent value for money. To have such a view elsewhere on the island, you'll pay a fair amount more. I'm not sure if all the rooms have such views, so we may have completely lucked out :) We had a fridge, couch, table etc; it was absolutely fantastic. Clean, comfortable, cleaned daily & although the breakfast was simply continental, that coffee was delicious! Oh my gosh, I've been dreaming about it ever since... Breakfast was an extra €5 per day. If you like bread, marmalade, coffee & juice then I'd recommend it. The coffee alone made it so worth it for me, I'm so fussy with coffee!

We liked the little walk into town, walking is a given when travelling and a 5-10 minute walk is nothing...well, at least that's my opinion! We went to Mamma's House for some lunch - delicious & I'd recommend it! It was recommended by the team at our hotel :) Great advice.

You can catch buses to all of the main locations. If you have a few days on the island, at least, I'd recommend doing town for a day & hiring a powerful scooter or quad for the rest. Buses are fine, but there is wait time & if you're impatient like me, then you'll prefer to do things when & how you want to! You can get a quad bike to share for around €25/day for a 150cc, less per day if hiring for a longer time than we did maybe. Stavros will help organise this for you.

We quad biked to Oia, several beaches & of course all the parts of Santorini that you see in books & online...What a breathtaking island. Great bakery on the way to Red Beach, stop & get stock! It's on a corner, large, wish I could remember the name!! I liked Red Beach...so cute! Great views, lovely water, quite a few people there but who cares?! There's a rock you can swim out to which we jumped off repeatedly. Lots of fun! :)

Oia for sunset...yes, it's beautiful. Funnily, I found watching the sunset with hundreds of other appreciators very cool... I don't think I've ever appreciated a sunset with so many other people in my life! I took a photo of the people watching, & it looks awesome! There was even a round of applause once it had set, another first, made me laugh a lot!

Oia is a great spot, we had a lovely dinner there. It's a reasonable distance, maybe 20-25 minutes by quad from memory; dress warm if you plan to have dinner after sunset - we were chilly on the ride home to Fira!

I recommend staying at Anemomilos Suites, it was so ideal for what we wanted. Close to the main town, a ride to everywhere we wanted to go, relaxing when we didn't want to go anywhere & just needed down time! The bus isn't far away if you prefer to save on getting a car or bike, & if you have more time on your hands than we did.

We got dropped off at the port by Stavros too, & we were running late to meet him & he should have rightfully been annoyed to be honest. Again, he was nothing but lovely. We went further to Mykonos...another stunningly beautiful island of Greece!

I can't say enough about staying here, I highly recommend it. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to the beautiful island of Santorini.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stavros was lovely and picked us up and dropped us off at the port. That was wonderful and very helpful as it's quite a way to travel otherwise. However, the hotel is a little way out of town. If you don't mind a 10-15 minute walk up steps/uphill or along a main road with no pavements then that's not a problem. However, this becomes more of an issue at night. The walk home was fine when I was with my friend. However, one night we got separated (crossed wires!) so I ended up paying for a taxi as I didn't feel safe doing that walk on my own.

The room itself was fine. It was cleaned every day and had most things you could need. However, the fridge didn't work. We didn't bother trying to sort this out as we weren't staying long enough but this obviously may be a problem in a hot country! Our room was at ground level and the balcony looked out on to a street at street level. So, there wasn't much of a view, but I wasn't necessarily expecting one - the main thing was that we never had the windows open or sat out there due to the traffic, which was a bit of a shame. There was also quite a bit of noise from upstairs early in the morning (tables and chairs from the bigger suites I think) and late at night from next door (younger people drunk). The pool is pretty small, which is a bit of a shame when you're nowhere near a beach. It makes you wonder why they even bothered.

Overall, for the money it was okay - Santorini is quite an expensive island and you get what you pay for, but if you can find somewhere nearer town I would recommend that.

Room Tip: Try to get one not on street level if you can, but I think most of the cheap rooms are
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We arrived into Santorini at 05.45 in the morning, yet the owner of the apartments Stavros was waiting to offer us our free transfer. He also transported us to the port at the end of our stay it should be noted.

We were given the warmest of welcomes and if we needed any guidance (with ferries etc) or had any queries, the staff were quick to help. On several occasions we were given a lift to the local bus (even though it is only about 7 mins walk away). Also when we needed to stay an extra night this was not a problem (although it was obvious things had to be moved around, they did their best to accommodate us.)

The rooms were very clean, spacious and all of the facilities worked as expected. I think most rooms had a small balcony you could sit and have a drink on.

The pool was great as well, while it was small, there was a fantastic view from it and it was clean and cool. Most days it was quiet so a lot of the time we had the terrace to ourselves.

While some have criticised the location, for us it could not have been better. It was no more than a five minute walk into the main square but also much quieter so that we could fully relax. Granted the road is busy and some parts are not fully lit but I think you will find this anywhere in Santorini. We were careful and at no stage did we feel in danger.

We could not have asked for more from Stavros and his team and that is why I felt so compelled to write such a long review. I would highly recommend this accommodation if you are staying in Santorini.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mooney01
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked this hotel at the last minute after arriving in Santorini and were blown away by how comfortable, spacious, and convenient it turned out to be. We lucked into the biggest room in the place, complete with an upstairs loft bedroom and east-facing balcony to watch the sun rise over the Aegean. Incredible value! This room was most likely a lucky steal due to the timing of our reservation, but in addition to the awesome room we found the staff to be always friendly and helpful and the location provided great access to Fira. We rented an ATV at a shop just a few blocks down the road, which opened up the whole island to us. Of note, some prefer to stay in Oia, but I actually thought it was a better option to stay in Fira and then drive to Oia to enjoy the scenery and sunset without paying the inflated room prices. I recommend this hotel without hesitation!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for 2 families. Both rooms had a loft and one had a kitchen. Super clean, lots of space and wonderful view and location. It felt like we had our own private villa. Ana and Stavros were very gracious and hospitable. They ordered our meals for us and ended up eating by the pool enjoying the weather. They even arranged car rentals for a reasonable price. Hotel is 10 minutes walk to tourist shops and restaurants. The pick-up and drop-off at the airport was an added plus. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Ana and Stavros were very helpful since the time we landed in Santorini. Stavros picked us up at the airport with his van and when we arrived at the Anemomilos Suites, they offered us the best wine we ever tasted! We ended up going back to London with 7 bottles! The hotel is a great value for the money. Very clean, good location which is about 6 mins away from the Caldera, airconditioning, cabled TV, and a great shower. It's just a shame that we weren't able to use the beautiful pool because it was a bit chilly during the nights. But Stavros always offered us his wine which he grew from his own vineyard before calling it a night!

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Super_Monty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Anemomilos Hotel Apartments
#5 of 52 in Fira
Callia Retreat
Callia Retreat
#15 of 52 in Fira

Been to Anemomilos Suites? Share your experiences!