The Enigma staff was very courteous and equally helpful in directing us around Santorini. Their recommendations and travel tips saved us a lot of research time and effort - something we constantly had to do in Athens and Crete during our Hellenic honeymoon. To say the least, it was very comforting to know that we could always ask the girls at the reception desk for information about getting around the island.
The room service was excellent - everything from our bed (located on the mezzanine level) to the coffee table (located on the first floor) were nicely made up. We got a fresh set of bathrobes and towels (in the bathroom and on the hot tub) daily. The complimentary breakfast that was brought/served daily was ample and was almost always promptly brought to our room. Before breakfast was served, we received a courtesy call from the staff on a daily basis - this was a nice gesture that we really appreciated because, like most honeymooners, we stayed in bed a little longer on days when we didn't have to join a tour group.
The suite was, in a nutshell, perfect for honeymooners like us. The ambience was very romantic and comfortable providing us a haven to get the much needed rest and relaxation we sought. The "bath cave" was simply awesome. The daybed was set up perfectly next to the door - practically an open invitation for an after-breakfast/pre-lunch nap which we gladly accepted on a daily basis. It was nearly impossible for us to forgo the ritual.
Sipping the complimentary white wine in our personal hot tub outside the suite while enjoying the breathtaking view (of the Caldera) we only hoped to see in your dreams was perhaps the best thing we liked. It provided us a reason to spend more time at the suite during the morning and evening hours. It was also one of the things that made our trip phenomenally memorable.
Situated right in the heart of Fira, everything from the bus station to the cable car station were within a few minutes walk from the hotel. The town's most popular gyro/souvlaki joint and several souvenir shops were just around the corner from the hotel's entrance. The hotel's cafe that's built on top of it was very convenient to have on nights when a cup of hot tea was desired. The view of the Caldera from anywhere along the hotel's steps was amazing.
The one thing we enjoyed the least was the walk up the steps from our room to the street level. Fortunately, the walk was relatively short and bearable. Otherwise, we liked everything else about the hotel. We hope to revisit it again in the future. Thanks Enigma!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Enigma Hotel in Santorini (Apartments & Suites) is perched on the cliff side of western Santorini, in the heart of Fira, the capital of Santorini island. Its wonderful location provides its guests with a spectacular view of the famous Santorini volcano and Caldera complex, the Aegean Sea, the island’s traditional old port and, best of all, the celebrated Santorini sunset. This view, along with the hotel’s excellent service and facilities, places it as a fine Santorini hotel in Fira.The Enigma Fira Santorini luxury hotel provides an amazing atmosphere for your holidays in Santorini. Enigma’s luxury Santorini suites, apartments and studios are elegantly-designed and feature a plethora of modern amenities that fuse harmoniously with the charming island-style architecture, creating one of the most picturesque hotels in Santorini. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Enigma Apartments & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enigma Apartments And Suites
- Enigma Apartments Hotel Fira
- Enigma Hotel Fira
- Enigma Apartments & Suites Santorini/Fira