“Unbeatable”

Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Milford, Massachusetts
“Unbeatable”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Loved this place! First off, staff were very personable, friendly and went above and beyond with service. We stayed in a hot tub suite, I was worried we wouldn't use it but even summer nights get very cool in Fira so it was well worth it. Also enjoyed having our own kitchenette. The room was lots of fun with a steep stairs up to bed, plenty of rails to hold on to. However, anyone over the age of 60 and not agile, I wouldn't recommend this place or any place with a caldera view, for that matter. Lots of stairs. No high heels needed in Santorini!

Value cannot be beat for the location, ambiance and service.

Breakfast was amazing and served on our deck each morning. Also gave us a yummy signature cocktail on our departure night. Would love to go back again.

My only side note/recommendation to hotel, bed was like a rock. Some people probably love that, but we had a hard time sleeping on it. I'd like to see some new beds there, the only room for improvement. Made us get up early and enjoy the day, though!

Room Tip: Get one of the hot tub rooms- so worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Iseult M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Greek first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed for five nights in mid-July with our almost 10 year old daughter. Everything everyone has already said is true. The location is fantastic (if you like being right in the middle of everything, which I do), the view is sublime and the service is five-star. We booked a standard apartment since the jacuzzi suites were not available for all five nights. I was a little disappointed that our apartment (#1) didn’t have a patio with a table, just a small Juliet balcony, but that turned out to be a miscommunication with my travel agent, not the hotel. And I should say that #1 does have the best view (and the least amount of stairs). However, noting my disappointment, Cris and Lisa moved us to a jacuzzi suite as soon as one was available, at no extra charge. Very thoughtful! The breakfasts are fantastic and they were very warm and friendly to my 10 year old. I can’t imagine a better hotel for families with children in Santorini. There is no pool at the hotel, but one is available nearby that we made good use of. My only suggestion is that you book in mid-August or early September when the water in the pool and the ocean is a little warmer—Santorini is not hot in mid-July; we had low 80’s with a 20-30 mph wind every day, and both the ocean and the pool water were quite chilly. Take a sweater!

Room Tip: We stayed in both the standard apartment and the Jacuzzi suite. Both are fantastic--get the one you...
3 Thank Topshelf210b
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I travelled to Santorini in June 2013 with my family (husband, mother and two small children). I started to experience the wonderful service from staff at hotel from moment I made my reservation when I was contacted to be informed and assisted with best options for my family...then upon arrival we got received from staff (sorry I cant never remember names) who looked for us outside of hotel and assisted with luggage down to our room.....were received with complimentary wonderful ice tea and bottle of wonderful cold lava wine :)... room was spacious, comfortable, cozy and best of all had our own terrace where we receive the best breakfast every morning overlooking the caldera....I was able to enjoy sitting outside with my children until late at night while capturing the majestic ocean and volcano view ....We got wonderful suggestions and recommendations from Crisoula of places to visit that were children friendly for tours food, fun and shopping and were amazed of how tourists gathered at enigma's door for pics since we had the best view....Overall our experience at Enigma exceeded the expectations not only of my husband and I but of my elderly mother who managed the stairs pretty well and took it as an opportunity to work out all the excess eating of wonderful greek food and also of my small children who enjoyed the pool at hotel next door and view of caldera and donkeys from our terrace.....everybody happy :) Highly recommend this wonderful paradise !!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 335lizzie2012335
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had high expectations courtesy of all these reviews, and they were exceeded! The view is breathtaking, better than I ever imagined! Chris was exceptionally helpful and breakfast on our balcony was delightful. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ani_rambles
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was our first trip to Santorini, and I think we were spoiled by Enigma. Before the trip, we corresponded via email with Chrisoula who helped us get organized for our stay, and while we were there both Chrisoula and Lisa helped us with things like car rentals, where to go around the island, and also recommended the Thallasus boat tour which was amazing. Even just staying in your room enjoying some drinks and snacks from the Enigma Cafe and watching the sunset is an amazing experience. When I return to Fira, I will most definitely stay at Enigma again.

1 Thank Jds71
Frankfurt
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our second stay at the Enigma was once again one of the most beautiful experiences during a very busy year. Enigma, located at the central yet quiet spot in Fira, the capital of the island, combines everything we dream of: spectacular view, great service, beautiful apartments and relaxing and inspiring atmosphere.
Hope to come back at least once more!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrankfurtGecko
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

It's a stunning little hotel with a view to die for.

Breakfast served by Eddie on our terrace was always on time and hit the spot with Eddie even suggesting modifications when it became apparent that we preferred his perfect home baked croissants to his bread rolls. Net result, four croissants and no rolls.

There is a lovely bar terrace just up from the reception area that serves a great dark Fix beer that went down very well after coping with the inevitable crowds of cruise ship passengers being herded around like sheep.

We were looked after perfectly by Chris and Lisa who couldn't do enough to make our stay a great one. They would be an asset to any hotel or resort and if we were going to set up an hotel in Greece, which we certainly wouldn't, we'd do our best to poach them. Chris even fell in love with my mad flowery trousers and I swear she'd have ripped them off me if she thought she'd get away with it. Only to get the trousers, I hasten to add ;-)

The downsides?

Well we were unfortunate enough to stay at the same time as some Australian/Greek rich kids who thought they were on Ibiza and proceeded to get drunk and who knows what else every night and trash their room. Frankly we were amazed at Chris' patience but she did manage to calm them down a bit. However you can't blame a hotel for some of it's guests but I hope they have the sense not to accept another reservation from them.

Stairs! Well you have to expect those on the Caldera and we were right at the bottom of 119 of them. yes I counted them!! Completely knackering climb up but I swear we're fitter for it. Just watching Eddie, Lukas and Anya scampering up and down them all day made us feel very ashamed of ourselves.

To sum up, we had a wonderful time and couldn't recommend highly enough

Room Tip: If have any sort of difficulty with stairs as for a room at the top as the lower ones can be quite a...
2 Thank ChrisB-TRIP
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Celestia Grand
Celestia Grand
#1 of 80 in Fira
Anteliz Suites Santorini
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Villa Renos
Villa Renos
#4 of 80 in Fira
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites

Been to Enigma Apartments & Suites? Share your experiences!