“Very Pleasant Stay”
Review of Blue Sky Hotel

Blue Sky Hotel
Ranked #80 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The Blue Sky Villa is centrally located close to Fira, within walking distance to everything it offers.
We did not use their airport transfer service as we had a rental car. Street parking is available outside, but can be very limited depending on the time of day.
We presented ourselves for check in at the Blue Sky Villa where our reservation was confirmed, however we were shown to the hotel directly next door where our accommodation was actually located.

Thus, I am unsure if this was an annex of the Blue Sky Villa, or another hotel itself!

Regardless, the hotel itself presented extremely well, everything seemed to be freshly painted white and the grounds were well kept. The pool was clean and looked inviting.
The room itself was older but appeared to have been recently painted. There was a bed, a small fridge, a basic TV and a wardrobe present in the room.
The bathroom was quite small and contained a shower. The problem we found with the shower was that the shower curtain was faulty, once wet it kept collapsing to one side resulting in a totally wet bathroom with every shower.
Our room also had a small balcony which overlooked a car park, and air conditioning as well.

Wifi only worked in the lobby and not in the rooms, and there was no appreciable service offered by staff at all.

To conclude, Blue Sky Villa (or its proxy) offers a clean, convenient base from which to explore Fira and its surrounds. If small problems such as those present in the bathroom could be resolved, the Blue Sky Villa could definately be recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bambinaaa

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here in early September. The price was 60 Euro a night. The pool was beautiful and the place looks fantastic on the outside. The rooms were clean but could do with a little revamp. Breakfast was ok. There were free transfers to and from the port which was handy. The place is located quite close to all the action.
What disappointed though was the fact that we stayed in room 17. The room had an adjoining door which was locked but must have a boiler room/generator which ran on Diesel Fuel because YOU COULD SMELL IT!! We barely got any sleep because the smell was so strong I thought I was sleeping beside a GAS STATION pump. We couldn’t do anything about it because we had arrived so late an no one was at reception.
The next morning I informed the staff of the smell but they denied any knowledge of such a problem even though we heard them discussing it after I complained and told me I was the first person to ever mention it. They did however agree to move us the next morning so we had another difficult night of Diesel smell with little sleep. We were then moved to room 20 the next day. This room had no smell and was nice until the roof started leaking from upstairs. By morning a reasonable puddle had formed (4ft diameter). I informed the staff and they said they would look into it.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get Room 17
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2013

If this place is the face of Santorini, no wonder Greece is in an economic crisis!

Having booked transfers with the hotel, after waiting at the port for about 15 minutes and no one from the Ferry was left, I called the hotel to ask about the transfer. The person at the other end proceeded to abuse me and tell me that I am late and I have to wait another hour for the next transfer and they hung up on me. After they realised their error, they sent the transfer to pick me up but of course no apology was given for their mix up. Once at the hotel, which has no lifts, I asked if someone would help me take my bags upstairs the answer was NO. This was a word that was constantly heard to any question asked. They even lied to me to try to get me to book a day trip with them which was about 10Euro more expensive than a local tour group; they tried to convince me that the other company no longer exists (mind you I had just spoken to them the night before to compare prices and departures etc)

All and all a HORRIBLE experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Viv_Melbourne
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Booked a room here last second for a couple of nights. Was only 40 euro a night. Hotel was just a few yards off of the main shopping area. Check in and check out was quick and easy. Hotel also supplied a free shuttle to pick you up and the port and to drop you off. Room was clean and the air condtioner worked great. I would stay there again.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike R
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice place, lovely pool. But, when we arrived they said there had been a problem and they had to move us for the first night to a hotel nearby. They said the place would be of equal value. It was NOT. The A/C did not work, the lights did not work, the amenities were no where near as nice. So we were not happy! Back at the original hotel, the breakfasts were not so good. We had been spoiled at our hotel on Naxos.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had to spend a night on the island because of a change in ferry schedules and for just one night this room was okay.

A big plus: the swimming pool and the balcony! And of course the location which is really within a few steps from everything you need: restaurants, shops, supermarket, main bus stop.

The rest is just average Greek hotel room: small room and a tiny bath that floods as soon as you take a shower.

Breakfast was okay, too, the usual bread, jam, butter and cheese and those sausage rolls they call "bacon" ;-)...good filter coffee though. Service was okay once we got to see the manager, the rest was obviously just helping out and barely knew where the rooms were, the cleaner was super-unfriendly, chasing me away with her broom.

We had asked for transfer from the airport but never got an answer, when we asked for transfer to the port the next day it turned out they only went there twice a day so if those times don't fit your schedule - your problem. But the local bus service is really okay and there's always a taxi nearby so no need for hotel's transfer (which would not have been for free either).

What was really good was that we could have the room for the whole following day for some 20 Euros extra which was very convenient because our boat was going in the evening and we didn't feel like hanging around in cafes all day which would have cost us much more money. They even cleaned the room in the morning although we said it wasn't necessary so we got fresh towels for the pool.

My summary: good for a stop-over, definitely not for a whole holiday!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Well firstly we, as others have said. Arrived late only to be taken to another hotel and transferred back in the morning. They then gave us the infamous room 16. The toilet area stunk! The toilet seat was cracked. Aircon didnt work. Tv didnt work. Ants on the floor and occasionally on the bed. Sheets didnt seem to be washed very well. Light globes not working. All in all probably the worst hotel on earth. Recommend to nobody. Really wish we checkes trip adviser before booking. Wont be making that mistake again....on top of that dont ask for a taxi. They offer u a loft at an inflatted price. They charged us 15euro to goto a mexican restaurant only then to get a real cab back and it cost 7euro. Very disorganised bunch of malakas. Cleaning lady the rudiest lady ever.

thanks for ruining a good holiday

• Stayed: August 2013