“Very Disappointing”

Ranked #77 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Melbourne, Australia
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in september last year so I'm writing this review for anyone who plans to spend a summer there this year.
I had several issues with this hotel..
1. I had arranged with the hotel for their driver to pick me up from the port as I was traveling on my own and had never been to santorini before. My ferry arrived 10 minutes late, everyone else's hotel buses were there for them but mine wasn't. At first I thought they were running late so I waited a while, I never expected that because the ferry was only 10 minutes late they would just leave. They are well aware of the ferry delays and timetables. I called them and had to wait a while for the driver to come back for me.
2. Upon arrival the lady at reception was quite rude, she simply got my name and told me my room is number ... And gave me brief instructions where to find it. I expected to be walked there and shown the room..
Not to mention I had a huge suitcase and was a female on her own and NOBODY helped me take my suitcase to or from my room when I left. I was dragging it up and down stairs to get to my room and ended up ripping the bottom part of it.
3. I had specifically requested a room with a balcony months in advance and of course I get there and I have a room on the ground floor where my view is a driveway and a wall..
4. On my second day there the cleaner must of come while I was out and made the bed etc. when I got back to my hotel I jumped in the shower and once I was done I realise my towels had been taken and not replaced. I had to get dressed and go to the reception soaked to ask for towels.
Also the shower had no barriers on the floor it was almost just a flat surface and my bathroom would flood every time I showered as all the water would run everywhere..

WORST PART: on my second day while I was out and the room was being cleaned I came back to find that my window was left wide open which is right next to the door, anyone could of easily put their hand through and got into my room and taken everything including my passport and money.
6. I might aswell add that My tv and radio in the room didn't work either..
In general I expected more of the room itself. It was basically a small room with just a bed. Bathroom was very small also.

VERY DISAPPOINTING! I would not recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank IreneAtt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The experience begins with transfer from, in our case, the ferry. Driver less than friendly - hostile comes to mind. Check-in was easy. Room stark. Having stayed at a similar size and priced place in Mykonos for several days prior, this stark, 1950's decour was disappointing. The balcony is a nice touch. Only view is walls of establishment about 20' away.
Advertised wifi only worked on pourch outside the lobby. There was no 24 hour presence. On our second night, around 9:30, a pumping tank truck came by to perform a service and asked me where he should leave the bill. The lobby was locked. The next morning, we had no one to whom we could turn over the key.
Breakfast was pre-made on a tray. Single cup of coffee - no refill. 2 pieces each of cheese, ham and stale bread. Canned juice. Feels as if management is not paying attention to this property.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Kolkata
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We had a nice experience in this hotel. Room was small but clean, air condition was working properly, had a small balcony with almost no view, bathroom was small too but was regularly cleaned. Swimming pool was nice and clean. Breakfast was nothing much to talk about and probably the only negative point. Very close to the local Ktel bus stop from where you can catch a bus to probably everywhere in Santorini.
Overall experience was nice and shall love to go back to this hotel. If you are on a budget select this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Patras, Greece
Reviewed May 27, 2012

The rooms is okay,the tv didn't work,breakfast sucks!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Letta K
Athens, Greece
Reviewed November 15, 2011

When we arrived, the hostess simply told us which room to go to (she didn't even say hello). When we got into the room (we carried our lugagge by ourselves of course), it was a complete disappointment. The bathroom gave a very bad smell to the whole room. But the worst thing was that the sheet were dirty. There were hair and spots all over theme, and we immediatly asked for them to be changed. The hostess at first wouldn't admit they were dirty as "they were changed every day", and in the end she gave us a pair of sheet and left us to change them on our own. The pool was like a whole, with very little space around it, dirty and really musty! Fortunately after the first night (when we slept in our clothes as we were compeletely disgusted and didn't want to touch the new sheet either) we managed to switch to the next hotel, which was very pleasant. All in all, dirty rooms, really rude and unhelpful staff, bad and unfriendly hotel environment. I would in no way recommend Blue Sky hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nina V

Travelers are raving about these Fira hotels

Santiago, Chile
Reviewed October 8, 2011

terrible place, terrible service: the owner and his family are crazy, bad breakfast, dirty place, no internet. please don't stay in this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank 566Angeles
Leblon, Brazil
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Worst Service EVER, Avoid this place! the lady in the front desk, with redish hair says to all of us SHE DOESNT CARE ABOUT THE CLIENT, after many people complained about them lying on services they had.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends