I stayed in this hotel in september last year so I'm writing this review for anyone who plans to spend a summer there this year.
I had several issues with this hotel..
1. I had arranged with the hotel for their driver to pick me up from the port as I was traveling on my own and had never been to santorini before. My ferry arrived 10 minutes late, everyone else's hotel buses were there for them but mine wasn't. At first I thought they were running late so I waited a while, I never expected that because the ferry was only 10 minutes late they would just leave. They are well aware of the ferry delays and timetables. I called them and had to wait a while for the driver to come back for me.
2. Upon arrival the lady at reception was quite rude, she simply got my name and told me my room is number ... And gave me brief instructions where to find it. I expected to be walked there and shown the room..
Not to mention I had a huge suitcase and was a female on her own and NOBODY helped me take my suitcase to or from my room when I left. I was dragging it up and down stairs to get to my room and ended up ripping the bottom part of it.
3. I had specifically requested a room with a balcony months in advance and of course I get there and I have a room on the ground floor where my view is a driveway and a wall..
4. On my second day there the cleaner must of come while I was out and made the bed etc. when I got back to my hotel I jumped in the shower and once I was done I realise my towels had been taken and not replaced. I had to get dressed and go to the reception soaked to ask for towels.
Also the shower had no barriers on the floor it was almost just a flat surface and my bathroom would flood every time I showered as all the water would run everywhere..
WORST PART: on my second day while I was out and the room was being cleaned I came back to find that my window was left wide open which is right next to the door, anyone could of easily put their hand through and got into my room and taken everything including my passport and money.
6. I might aswell add that My tv and radio in the room didn't work either..
In general I expected more of the room itself. It was basically a small room with just a bed. Bathroom was very small also.
VERY DISAPPOINTING! I would not recommend it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Sky Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Sky Fira
- Blue Sky Hotel Santorini/Fira