“Great base for exploring Santorini” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Antonia Hotel Santorini

Antonia Hotel Santorini
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Melbourne, Australia
“Great base for exploring Santorini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

Your host, Lefterris, will take excellent care of you during your stay, and you will be very happy to have selected this hotel. Oira has the best views but in winter most businesses are closed, so Thira makes a better base. You can easily get to anywhere on the busses in Santorini and Lefterris will personally ensure you establish an itinerary which best matches the experience you're seeking. Rooms are basic but comfortable and the kitchen provided space for my daughter and I to cook some meals together.

Batten down your shutters if the wind is fierce, so they won't be banging around all night.

I would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Some rooms near the pool could be noisy in summer. Most rooms have balconies. The size of the rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed at the Antonia Hotel for 2 days in October. Lefteris (the owner ) & Mario were very hospitable, ever ready to top up your wine in your room or make a cup of coffee. The rooms were spacious, comfortable & clean & the location great. It was nice to have a kitchenette where we could make our own breakfast. We were picked up & dropped of at the ferry without hesitation. Highly recommended budget hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed 2 nights on the 2nd floor, our room opens up to a balcony overlooking the swimming pool below, its azure water sparkling in the bright afternoon sun! What took my breath away was this HUGE bougainvilla plant, whose luxuriant and deep-rich purple/mauve blooms totally fills out the balcony railing and overhangs towards the pool below, awesome! The Reception manager, who's also the owner, was very efficient and attentive: he quickly attended to our group of 22, and got everyone into their assigned rooms in no time. Hotel's about 2mins. walk from the main road and the main tourist/shopping areas in Fira, so convenient, so very near to everything. Though we had a kettle in our room, the boiled water was very salty (there's no salination plant in the islands, we were told) so we had to buy bottled water for our drinking needs. So no self-made coffee for our night-cap, oh well.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Lefteris (the owner) runs a first-class establishment. The rooms are not 5-star, but are very nice, clean and worth every penny. He picked us up from the airport, showed us all of the hotspots to go see and even offered to arrange tours if we wanted. The Antonia is only a five-minute walk to downtown Fira and its easy to get to all of the restaurants and to watch the beautiful sunsets. You can certainly pay more in Santorini, but you won't get a better deal than this.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank png14
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at Antonia hotel for 2 nights in October 12. It's location is excellent, just 2 mins walk from Fira centre. The hotel staff is great, they organized a free pick up from airport/ port and offered free wine on check in. They immediately on check in, they oriented us with all the sights to see and activities in Santorini. Would strongly recommend this hotel to all budget travelers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Abhinav M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Antonia for two nights in the middle of October. Firstly the day I was supposed to have arrived into Santorini the ferry was on strike. I rung the hotel letting them know I wouldn’t be arriving and expecting to have to pay for the night. They told me not to worry as it wasn’t my fault (this in itself set my stay up to be a great one).

The next day I was picked up at the port by Lefteris (the owner) who was so welcoming and friendly. Upon arrival at the hotel I was sat down given a glass of wine and shown all the things I needed to know about Santorini. Where to eat/shop/what attractions there were and anything else I needed to know. Everything was so handy only a few minutes walk away. The bus station was a only a 5 minute walk away and this linked you to all parts of Santorini.

I was then shown to my room where I was blown away. For 40 euro I had a two bedroom apartment overlooking the water on the opposite side to the caldera. The sun was shining and it was just beautiful. The apartment was clean, very spacious, had a full kitchen, fridge, jug and very good shower pressure ☺ I was then given a carafe of wine, on the house, to drink while relaxing later.

I was a little bit worried about travelling on my own but those fears were soon diminished. Everyone was so friendly, the shop owners always wanting a chat and i'll never forget one of the restaurants i went to even gave me a free dessert (the hotel recommended this place). On my last night Mario (a member of staff) used his time off to take me out dancing and showed me the nightlife. It was a laugh!

I checked out in the morning but the ferry didn’t leave till after 3pm. So they offered to store my things while I went for a walk to Oia (this is a must). When I got back they offered me a shower room and cup of tea just before taking me back to the ferry.

I can’t say thank you enough to Lefteris and especially Mario for all the extra help and kindness you showed me. I will be back and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to all my friends and family. Don’t miss out .. stay here and soak up what lovely santorini has to offer!! Hopefully you will fall in love with the place just as i did ☺

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank 1DebbieM1
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Antonia Hotel is not "luxury" as said on the website but it's very good for Fira. Very well located (1 door from the center but not into it where - in summer - it must be a hell of noise for sleeping). Nice big rooms (mine was the 29 and had a coach, big double bed big closet, TV, fridge, water boiler, wine, and a nice small bathroom), with a table to smoke outside. A common kitchen available to cook your meals. All this for a very reasonable budget (by end October, the hotel is not full so... i don't give the price which does not mean much if you don't go in winter).
The staff and the boss (Elefteris) are nice, and always ready to help (they also sell services, but it's not an obligation and you'll get info, maps, etc). You can be picked up and driven back to the port for free which is a big plus in Santorini. Santorini is not a small quiet island, and Fira being located up on the cliff you do not want to walk nor loose time looking for a bus or a cab especially when all ferries are getting in delivering hundreds of travellers on the harbor decks.

Room Tip: Pour le calme, demandez les chambres de derrière (plus cher mais en été celles de devant plus bas de...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Costa Marina Villas
Stelios Place
#2 of 40 in Perissa
Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites
Atalos Apartments & Suites

Been to Antonia Hotel Santorini? Share your experiences!