“Tremendous value for the money - near everything”

Antonia Hotel Santorini
Ranked #18 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Lefteris (the owner) runs a first-class establishment. The rooms are not 5-star, but are very nice, clean and worth every penny. He picked us up from the airport, showed us all of the hotspots to go see and even offered to arrange tours if we wanted. The Antonia is only a five-minute walk to downtown Fira and its easy to get to all of the restaurants and to watch the beautiful sunsets. You can certainly pay more in Santorini, but you won't get a better deal than this.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank png14

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at Antonia hotel for 2 nights in October 12. It's location is excellent, just 2 mins walk from Fira centre. The hotel staff is great, they organized a free pick up from airport/ port and offered free wine on check in. They immediately on check in, they oriented us with all the sights to see and activities in Santorini. Would strongly recommend this hotel to all budget travelers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Abhinav M
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Antonia for two nights in the middle of October. Firstly the day I was supposed to have arrived into Santorini the ferry was on strike. I rung the hotel letting them know I wouldn’t be arriving and expecting to have to pay for the night. They told me not to worry as it wasn’t my fault (this in itself set my stay up to be a great one).

The next day I was picked up at the port by Lefteris (the owner) who was so welcoming and friendly. Upon arrival at the hotel I was sat down given a glass of wine and shown all the things I needed to know about Santorini. Where to eat/shop/what attractions there were and anything else I needed to know. Everything was so handy only a few minutes walk away. The bus station was a only a 5 minute walk away and this linked you to all parts of Santorini.

I was then shown to my room where I was blown away. For 40 euro I had a two bedroom apartment overlooking the water on the opposite side to the caldera. The sun was shining and it was just beautiful. The apartment was clean, very spacious, had a full kitchen, fridge, jug and very good shower pressure ☺ I was then given a carafe of wine, on the house, to drink while relaxing later.

I was a little bit worried about travelling on my own but those fears were soon diminished. Everyone was so friendly, the shop owners always wanting a chat and i'll never forget one of the restaurants i went to even gave me a free dessert (the hotel recommended this place). On my last night Mario (a member of staff) used his time off to take me out dancing and showed me the nightlife. It was a laugh!

I checked out in the morning but the ferry didn’t leave till after 3pm. So they offered to store my things while I went for a walk to Oia (this is a must). When I got back they offered me a shower room and cup of tea just before taking me back to the ferry.

I can’t say thank you enough to Lefteris and especially Mario for all the extra help and kindness you showed me. I will be back and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to all my friends and family. Don’t miss out .. stay here and soak up what lovely santorini has to offer!! Hopefully you will fall in love with the place just as i did ☺

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 1DebbieM1
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Antonia Hotel is not "luxury" as said on the website but it's very good for Fira. Very well located (1 door from the center but not into it where - in summer - it must be a hell of noise for sleeping). Nice big rooms (mine was the 29 and had a coach, big double bed big closet, TV, fridge, water boiler, wine, and a nice small bathroom), with a table to smoke outside. A common kitchen available to cook your meals. All this for a very reasonable budget (by end October, the hotel is not full so... i don't give the price which does not mean much if you don't go in winter).
The staff and the boss (Elefteris) are nice, and always ready to help (they also sell services, but it's not an obligation and you'll get info, maps, etc). You can be picked up and driven back to the port for free which is a big plus in Santorini. Santorini is not a small quiet island, and Fira being located up on the cliff you do not want to walk nor loose time looking for a bus or a cab especially when all ferries are getting in delivering hundreds of travellers on the harbor decks.

Room Tip: Pour le calme, demandez les chambres de derrière (plus cher mais en été celles de devant plus bas de...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Antonia for a few days in September 2012 with my girlfriend for my 27th birthday. Firstly being picked up from the port got my stay off to a good start. The hotel is very conveniently situated and within walking distance to the main attractions of fira. The frappe is great and service is 6 star! The hotel rooms are also great. They have hot plates so you can cook and great view. Everything was new. There is also a pool and jacuzzi. On the day of check out, Lefteris let us go out and enjoy our last day and then come back to the hotel where we could shower and eat before being driven down to the port at 16:30. That for me was unbelievable!
The price is excellent value for money!Lefteris is a brilliant host who is tireless and makes a huge effort!Would i recommend? Without a shadow of a doubt!!!!
BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT!
If you are thinking about going to Santorini then choose Hotel Antonia

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights in October, and I'll join the approval club.

Unless you absolutely must have a direct caldera view and/or a super-luxury place, I can't see how you would do better. Everything was clean, efficient and friendly. Free airport shuttle, and help with booking things like volcano boat tours and rental cars.

Note that they don't provide breakfast, but you can't really complain given the economical price. They DO make coffee for you whenever you want, and there is a decent breakfast place 50 yards up the street, also a convenient laundry.

It's no more than 5 minutes to the caldera rim, perhaps 3 to the bus station.

I'd certainly return & recommend to friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here in early October 2012 for 4 nights. We caught the ferry to Santorini from Athens and the ferry arrived two hours late (a common occurrence on Greek ferries as we discovered). A quick phonecall to Lefteris the owner and it was no problem, our pick up was there at the port waiting when we arrived. We arrived at check in and were offered coffee, wine ect and this was also offered to us every day...a nice touch. We had a studio room which was clean, large and had a nice bathroom and kitchen which we could cook eggs for breakfast of a
Morning ect. We were situated at the back of the hotel in a quiet alley and had a pool there which was mostly ours! All this for 40 eu per night...possible the best value accodation i have ever stayed in and I've travelled alot!
Hotel is great loc small walk to Fira centre.
To top it off all staff including Lefteris, Mario, the guy who picked us up, the cleaners ect ware nice friendly people. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments
#3 of 40 in Perissa
Villa Manos
Villa Manos
#2 of 15 in Karteradhos

Been to Antonia Hotel Santorini? Share your experiences!