The Majestic Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$225
$212
Astir Thira Hotel(Fira)(Great Value!)
$185
Hotel Santorini(Fira)(Great Value!)
$80
$59
  • Bar/Lounge
Aressana Spa Hotel and Suites(Fira)(Great Value!)
$223
$203
Melina Hotel(Fira)(Great Value!)
$76
$72
Hotels.com
Costa Marina Villas(Fira)(Great Value!)
$82
Orbitz.com
Solaris(Fira)
$93
$86
Evgenia Villas & Suites(Fira)(Great Value!)
$159
$110
Hotwire.com
King Thiras Hotel(Fira)(Great Value!)
$81
Agoda.com
All reviewspool barvolcano view roomminute walkbusy roadroom facinglovely hotelhotel restaurantbuffet breakfastmain roadour honeymoonrented a carsun loungerswatch the sunsetspecial thanksbeautiful poolpool sidewould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just returned from a week at the Majestic, Fira. We were generally very pleased with the hotel . The staff were all excellent.Very helpful and efficient. At first the building looks a bit ugly but it is actually quite visually appealing. The room was a good size. The shower was a bit lame though. We had upgraded to a room with a view of the sunset. I wouldn't advise this if you are a light sleeper as you are on the road side of the hotel and the road is quite noisy especially around closing time. You can watch the sunset from much better places. The pool was lovely with lots of loungers and a nice view. Breakfast was very good with lots of choice. Didn't have an evening meal there but restaurant looked good and the menu was interesting. Its about five minutes walk into Fira. There is an old quarry between the road and sea which fronts the hotel but you don't really notice it as it's below the road and eye line.
All in all we had a nice stay there and were pleased we had choosen the Majestic. One other thing, make sure you leave the 'make up our room' sign on the door when you go out because if you forget they don't clean your room. We did this twice and to be fair they did clean the room immediately we informed them of our mistake.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stuarth106
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Its basic. The room is ok. the hotel is big and not beautiful. Nothing in special. The localization is in the road. And the best place to stay is Oia...not Fira.
The recepcionist is very good. They gave us very good tips.
My point is that this hotel cannot charge this price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cfbf78
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, our room view was wonderful. The service was good and professional. But it was our 25 wedding anniversary and the hotel knew about this as I had notified them about the occasion. But I was disappointed there was no note or fruits or flowers in the room from the manager. It is little attention to details that can make a hotel more memorable to the customer. We were staying 2 nights and we only checked in at 11pm and I had requested a late check out and they had agreed but since we only had one and a half days they made us vacate the room at 12 and thus couldn't arrange the island cruise. That was a further disappointment. The breakfast also had room for improvement. I have had far better lay out for breakfast in other 5 star hotels. However Santorini is a wonderful island and we are glad we chose this hotel. The receptionist suggested a wonderful restaurant called ochre to see the sunset. That was magical.

Room Tip: as for volcano view rooms.. spectatcular.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Pros:
Breakfast, pools area, staff, free transfers from port/airport
Cons:
Very pricy, rooms with views on caldera are along the main road going to Fira so you can't take advantage of their balcony because of the traffic noise. The view is not as plunging as you can find in fira. Rooms on the est side seem at the end a better choice. Bathrooms are smelly.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 24, 2013

What a lovely hotel. In a Paradise. This hotel is just out of Fira town proper, a short walk, along the cliffs facing the beautiful Caldera. The front of the hotel does face a busy-ish road, along with facing the Caldera, but the back faces the sea and is completely quiet and peaceful. Coming from NYC, it's hard for me to complain about the "noise" of a simple 2 lane road! The hotel has a friendly and helpful staff, lovely, modern, light and sunny rooms, with white marble floors and black marble bathrooms, comfortable beds, and all the amenities. The breakfast is plentiful and served in a beautiful environment. The hotel is fairly big, but you never feel like anyone else is there! Like it's all to yourself! 2 pools, (I do wish they'd put in a Jacuzzi, as for some reason all the pools on the island are fairly cool, not sure why?) But that's easily done, and not a deal breaker. Also, the bath-tubs in the rooms have spa jets! There is a bar and restaurant, as well as a small spa, with services available, and gym, but it's more fun to hike the old, cobblestone streets up to Imerovigli or even Oia! There are restaurants all over, some delicious and some touristy, grocery stores too. I had read about the "Ladokolla Restaurant", on your left heading into town. tiny, simple, but with great food. I was also recommended to "Mama's House" restaurant, by a local (I think I have the name right), but found it just before I left. I arrived at the hotel 2 AM, and there was a lovely gentleman waiting for me when my cab pulled up (complimentary airport pickup is only for guests who reserve directly through the hotel), who brought me and my case to my room, and told me how everything worked in basically 3 minutes! While there, i booked a sunset Caldera sailing, with "Santorini Sailing" company, which I highly recommend. Wonderful, friendly people, with a Greek/American Captain form NJ - who made the guests all feel relaxed and happy. You get to go to little beaches cars can't get to, and tiny coves to swim in, and then you all have dinner on their own little private beach, then back out onto the boat to watch the sun go down while sailing the Aegean, next to the Caldera. Perfection! Honestly, I don't see how you can go wrong on this beautiful Island. I just wish they'd revamp their airport! Honestly, I was very sad to leave, both the hotel and the Island and it's people. Just lovely.

Room Tip: Front of hotel has views of the Caldera and the sunset, but also the 2 lane road into town, and back of hotel is very quiet, with morning sun and views of the sea.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo