Sunrise Hotel
$753
Aroma Suites(Fira)(Great Value!)
$160
$156
All reviewsthe busthe breakfast room staffvolcano tourswimming pool isminute walkboiled eggsbreakfast includedhotel is centrally locatedrooms are nicehot springsthe main streetstayed here for nightswalking distancebeautiful santoriniexcellent locationshops and restaurantscaldera view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Sunrise hotel was in the perfect location! Just a 3 minute walk to and from the bus stop and town. The couple that runs the hotel are very helpful in directions and activities. The rooms were decent, a little older than other rooms where we stated. I always hear people complaining about the small showers (even though almost all hotels in Greece, Turkey, Croatia, etc are small and curtain-less) but they would be happy here bc our shower was huge! However, The plumbing was very old you were not allowed to flush toilet paper and the shower would leak. They were good about cleaning the room daily and emptying the trash, which was very important since we were not allowed to flush toilet paper!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank CiaoNiks
Reviewed October 30, 2008

Very basic hotel. The breakfast lady is extremely helpful, but breakfast is not so impressive. The rooms were comfortable enough but could be a little bit cleaner. The wall next to my bed smelled of mould.
Don't get a room that faces the street because if you want to open your windows, which u will as it gets extremely stuffy, even in the cooler months, it is extremely noisy!
It's located on the edge of Fira, and is a nice walk into the centre. The pool area was well kept, and the outside of the hotel is charming. Overall, not bad at all for a two star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank polkadotbikinii
Reviewed October 2, 2008

this hotel is in a fairly good location as you only need to walk up a little lane and you are in the town. the rooms are dark and dingy so not great for spending any time in - instead you can sit out by the lovely pool. but there is no shade around the pool so be aware of this if you are not into baking yourself. the breakfast could be a real disappointment as you are served a couple of pieces of toast, some cake, orange juice and instant coffee. we usually only have toast anyway so this did not bother us. the problem we had is that 20 euro went missing from a wallet in our [locked] room while we were sitting by the pool. we approached the owner about this and he told us that the cleaner had worked there for 5 years and maybe we didn't know how much money we had in the wallet. we were certain as we had just been to the supermarket [next door] and the receipt clearly stated the change we were given, we also keep track of all of our cash as we are on a long trip and cant afford to be casual about how much we spend. We also knew it was not the cleaner as the money went missing after the room was cleaned ...but about the time the owner fixed a light in our room - the wallet was sitting right next to this light. in the end there is nothing you can do about it but we did feel obliged to warn people in case the same thing happens again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Waipa
Reviewed November 27, 2007

My family (myself and 3 adult children) stayed at Sunrise Hotel in Santorini for 3 nights in October '07. Having just come from Mykonos and stayed in a lovely hotel with the same star rating as the Sunrise, we were a little disappointed on arrival but to be fair it was clean and quite comfortable. The location was fine as well, everything in walking distance. The man at the front desk was really nice, and happy to give directions etc, the people in the kitchen/
restaurant at breakfast were also very nice and cheerful. Breakfast wasn't great, instant coffee or tea and a piece of cake (strange, but quite normal in Greece we found). They serve you, and thats all you get. Some cereal at least would have made all the difference I think. The thing that really ruined our stay was one lady on the reception desk. She was always on the phone when at reception, obviously on private calls, or watching television - so if you happened to need to ask something of reception she was not at all happy to be interrupted.
We had been travelling and staying in many hotels by this time, and at each hotel I asked reception to confirm my next flight. Every single one was happy to do this. Not the lady at Sunrise!! She gave an exasperated sigh, kept yabbering on the phone and eventually, seeing as I didn't move, put the phone on her shoulder and hurriedly wrote down the airline phone number on a piece of paper, and shoved it at me!!! Then I went back to my room and tried to phone the airline - of course I couldnt get a line out because she was using it!
I think they may only have one line ... Anyway, my daughter noticed later that the man was back on reception so I managed to get my flight
confirmed, without any rudeness. And one more thing, dont leave the bathroom window open unless you want the cats to come in!!! There are many many cats in Greece! All in all, its not a bad hotel - its amazing how one rude person can ruin a stay though.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank travtay
Reviewed May 22, 2007

I stayed in the hotel in mid-May for just one night. Cut short by the strike in Greece. The owner was kind enough to pick me up from airport and gave a ride to the port for ferry even though I stayed for 1 night only. It's good when you're new to Greece and made you feel extremely relaxed when travel to somewhere that you don't know. I also wasn't charged for the cancellation for the 1st night that I missed due to flight cancellation. He's probably the most generous man in Santorini although you may not imagine this from his face. He's a very nice guy inside.

The location is excellent although it's not on the caldera. It's just 1 minute walk to the center and even has a view to the other side of the island where you can see the sun rise. The room is clean although not luxury. But for 45Euro with all the aboves and breakfast probably the best deal that I was wanted.

The -ve side is that the room with balcony and view will face a busy road but the noise level is still acceptable if you close the window. Surely you can get a more quiet room on the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple