I am currently writing this review whilst sat on my patio overlooking the breathtaking view of the ocean. I have travelled all around the world, including The big Sur in California and this view is unbeaten.
My husband and I only stay in 5* places/ maybe 4* and it took months to finally book a place in Santorini. When we arrived at the hotel ( private pick up from the hotel is provided in a blacked out merc, airport is 8 minutes drive away), we both had the usual first impression nerves: 'will it meet our expectations?!' And the answer is yes!
Beautifully decorated (all white New England theme), simplistic and modern.
We have a standard room for the first few nights and then the pool suite for the second half of the week - I've seen the suite first hand and it is fabulous! The standard room did not disappoint however. We are on level 4 which is below the pool and restaurant. One small issue we do have is the noise of footsteps above but this is only a minor issue.
The town is 2km away (fira)- we walked last night and it was fine. All flat and one road - took maybe 15 minutes. We took a taxi back however and this was €10 to give you an idea. The hotel do run free shuttles every couple of hours to and from the result too.
We hired a quad today - A MUST if you are looking to explore! We had a brilliant day riding along the coasts and through the towns- went to Oia and had lunch in a beautiful beach bar.
So far the holiday has been 10 out of 10.
Looking forward to the open air cinema tomorrow night too!
One recommendation is that I would only suggest a week at most on this island! My husband and I both stated that we would probably get very bored after a week here as there is only so much sunbathing, eating and looking at sunsets you can do!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Lilium Santorini Villas, a built complex of studios and suites rising on the precipice, with a remarkable view of the volcano and the sunset. It combines the elegant simplicity with the modern comforts.The visitors will be fascinated from the natural beauty, the Aegean architecture and will enjoy a quiet and luxurious stay, with absolute calm, in a magical unforgettable landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lilium Villas Santorini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilium Villas Santorini Hotel Fira
- Calderas Lilium Hotel
- Hotel Calderas Lilium
- Lilium Villas Santorini Fira