“Good location for Thira centre”
Review of Astir Thira Hotel

Astir Thira Hotel
Ranked #55 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel is a short walk from the bus station.It has good size rooms and a lovely swiming pool.The only down side is the breakfast room is a bit cramped though the food is adequate.The staff are very helpful and even supply free transport to the port.Good value , well run, clean,hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be on a par
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 13, 2013

It s a lovely hotel. Situated 5 minutes away from the centre of thira.a supermarket 5 mnts away and everything is nearby.the hotel is very clean.attentive to details as my husband and i asked for 2 glasses of wine (empty) the housekeeping next day replenished them without even asking. The 2 girls at the reception are friendly, and always smiling.we had a pick up and a drop off from and to the airport. Our room was room 9 upper deck, with a stunning view over the volcano (not the caldera), if u take this room u have to close the balcony door as it gets busy a bit in the morning. Breakfast is tiny(jam, yogurt,tea and coffee, 1 type of cheese and ham)it can be improved.the whole experience was great. Advisable. (Beds are not so hard)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Sometimes I wonder why people are so mean with their reviews.I understand that this is not a luxury hotel but it doesn't pretend to be.I traveled with my husband from 30 0f August to 3 of September and I choose this hotel because of it's location and price.We arrived in the afternoon and we were given room number 13 at the first floor.The room it's extremly clean,little and cosy.I was not bothered by the ''hard beds'' as someone described them here on tripadvisor,I slept like a baby.I heard no noise comming from outside and keep in mind that we slept with the door open,but then again our room was on the other side of the road with a view to the pool.The breakfast it's minimal and could be improved.But what I loved the most was the hospitality we received from the two girls,they were lovely,very attentive and smiled all the time.They serve ham and cheese together so as I am a vegetarian,I asked the girl if she can bring me cheese before she puts it on a plate with the ham and every morning she gave me a plate full of cheese.The pool was clean and big enough but no umbrellas for the sun.The hotel is located five minutes walk from the bus station.The buses take you everywhere you want to go and it costs one and a half euro per person.I read some reviews about the dirt and sand around the hotel,there is no such thing,you don't get dirty,neither sand in your shoes.Everyone that looks for a view of the Caldera I don't think this is the place(at least not from our room).If I was to go back to Santorini I could easily choose this hotel again.The weather this time of the year is very hot in the afternoon and in the evening the winds are very strong,take some long sleeve shirts with you or a jacket.With all that said,be aware..Santorini is an addictive place,with blue and white houses,breathtaking views,shops,bars and restaurants with gorgeous food.It feels like you go back in time and everything moves slowly.The streets are packed with tourists and still Oia is very quiet and unique.Make sure you watch the sunset at Oia or Imerovigli.I fell in love with Santorini :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cori419
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The staff were great. Friendly, helpful, very accommodating. They couldn't have been better, especially the sisters. The hotel was spotless. The rooms, not spacious, but roomy enough, clean & comfortable. The hotel is on the main road, but we didn't hear a thing. It was also a very short walk into Fira. Very convenient access to shops, restaurants and other services. The breakfast was typical, not fancy, and got us going in the morning. Did I mention the staff? They were very helpful with check out, storing our bags until our bus came by to pick us up. The staff can make a big difference to your accommodation, and they get top marks. The wifi Internet was included and worked well. There was a great view of the cadera from the front of the hotel too.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank GRTinTO
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was really looking forward to this hotel of santotini. But now i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The room were supposed to give us vulcano and sunset view, but the traffic outside by the balcony is so heavy that it is not passible to sit there at all! The room was extremely noicy even when the door was closed. Breakfast not good. Green eggs, dry bread, and self-service. Bed was like sleeping on a stone, and the pillow too. Only positive thing about this hotel is the walking distance to fira!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Marlee823
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our criteria before booking accommodation in Fira had two main priorities; Location and cleanliness. This hotel was immaculate. The location was ideal; a five minute walk from the centre of Fira. The staff were warm and friendly. We booked excursions and rentals through the front desk. I will definitely stay here again and I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to everyone. Stay here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you are thinking about booking this hotel, do it! You won't be disappointed.The staff make the place personal, they go above and beyond to cater for your needs. Not to mention how clean and tidy they keep the place! Just a short stroll from the hussle and bussle, which in my opinion is perfect! Would defiantly stay again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple