“Might as well add my 5cents - AVOID like the plague ” 1 of 5 bubbles

Don & Donna
Ranked #157 of 178 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: From 1984 until today we learned to offer you something that will capture your mind and soul in Santorini.
“Might as well add my 5cents - AVOID like the plague ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

when half the items on the menue are not actually available, this is a tell tale sign that something is amiss. Let the 120 EU that I have wasted on the most pathetic "chefs special" be my lesson to read reviews and book ahead. The only good thing is the view. The air has a scent of donkey urine. The romantic music is overpowered by the disco beats in the neighbouring cocktail bar. The prices are inflated by x 100 for the value that you receive. Who serves rice and second day potatoe chips on the same plate? The place is a disgrace to Fira.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Geneva, Switzerland
“DON'T GO EVER to Don&Donna”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

All the other reviews are true! it's a total scam! The chain of mistake started by 1) Not checking trip advisor as usual! 2) trusting the nice old man who invited us for a refreshing cactus juice (that probably was just juice for the price of 10 € each) 3) delirious by the beauty of santorini and the heat we didn't realize right away that what he was advising was the most expensive stuff on the menu (ok that's our fault we didn't check the menu properly) ergo it resulted in a 200€ lunch which was good but very painful! Lesson learnt! ALWAYS check tripadvisor and the menu!!!!

2 Thank yosy83
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Avoid - rip off!! Please keep adding the bad reviews!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

If you see a sign 'Cactus Cocktail' - move on! All the other reviews are true and it's our own fault we didn't read them before we went in.
This place uses classic rip-off scheme and feeds on one-time visitors that come in to snap pictures of the sunset and then are lured in by the nice view. They know they have one chance to get you, and they get you bad! I won't repeat what the other reviewers wrote - the mocktail, overpriced lousy food, being pushy, things you didn't order, it's all true. In our case they added a 12.50 Euro 'cover charge' per person that was 'required by law'. Yeah right!
We ended up paying almost 5 times the price of an avarage meal in Greece.
I'm only writing this review because I've noticed that TripAdvisor is rapidly becoming more important in guiding visitors in Greece. Hopefully by adding these reviews we can some day make them go out of business.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Bart M
Brussels
“Very Disappointed ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The view was great but the food super expensive and costed 250 for meal for 4 people which was outrages. The people charged us 48 extra euros for "cover charge" which they said was to service and was the law they claimed which they told us when we angrily went away. My personal dish was some meat which was overcooked and cold and the potatoes were very cold. One portion of fish was over 70 euros and a glass of wine was 10 euros for a small glass. A pretend cocktail was 12 euro which just tasted like a juice and they claimed it was from a cactus. This restaurant was basically a tourist trap for people who forget to check TripAdvisor.

Sydney, Australia
“A wasted review... only diners are those to forget to check tripadvisor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

I imagine you have found yourself reading this review because you forgot to do so before dining. Don't worry, it is good to have 1 terrible experience on holiday to ensure you truly appreciate the highs of Santorini. Despite being an avid tripadvisor follower when it comes to basing my holiday decisions, I'm afraid we stopped here following a wander and were teased in by the tiered setting clinging to the cliffs, apparently fresh vegetables on display and fish being barbequed close by. I don't think I can add anything more to those comments already said by other reviewers. I feel lucky our table of 4 got a whiff of dodgy from our waiter and solely ordered starters to share, we did though fall for the enticing prospect of cactus cocktail (which is actually a mocktail, at premium cocktail price).... A lucky escape

• Visited July 2014