“Terrible”

Cuisines: Greek
Description: Gyros snack bar in the center of Fira, Santorini
Description: Gyros snack bar in the center of Fira, Santorini
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Ordered 2 yiros and were asked if we would like the pita or the plate. We were taking away and seeing as the pita yiros was only €2.50 on the menu versus €7 for the plate, we ordered it. ('The plate' is essentially all the yiros ingredients served on a plate rather than in pita)

We were charged €5.50 per yiros however, because we wanted salad etc. in the pita. Apparently the €2.50 option is only meat in pita with nothing else. That's not a yiros!

The place was not busy at all, but the guy was rushing and the yiros was terrible. I wouldn't have minded paying the extra money if it had been well made.

We have come across far better yiros shops on Santorini for half the price. Definitely a place to avoid!!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Walking by my husband and I decided to stop. I ordered fish and chips for 9Euro and my husband wanted two chicken gyros at 3euros each. They said he could not get the small gyros because he was basically getting the same thing as a platter. We also got two glasses of house wine. 28 euros for horrible "fish sticks" and fatty gross chicken. We felt scammed and ripped off. Avoid this place.

Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Being from the US, I was craving the small pub type eatery and this was perfect. Cute wooden tables facing the crowd walking by. Best chicken gyro all week. Don't skip it when you want a quick bite in Fira.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Myself and my girlfriend got 2 gyros here. I can safely say i will never eat a gyros again. I ordered 2 chicken gyros, i doubt it was actual chicken because chicken does not have big lumps of fat attached to it. Lively music was the only positive,always a busy spot though perhaps not to our taste.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The gyros was not tasty. the Arabic pita seemed to be old aged. However the atmosphere and the store were very nice and the staff was very friendly.
The prices are too high, first time I saw pita with pork in a stick (Kalamaki) at 3 euro.