Santorini is a great place but Costa Marina absolutely make it extra shining. As a tourist from Hong Kong, i really want to see those white houses and blue ceiling churches on the cliff as i have seen in postcards. Marina, the hostess, she never get tired to explain to me where is the best place to watch the sunset and where is the best place to taking pictures of the those churches. Few times, i was lost the direction of where is the kamari and red beach so i drove back to the hotel and ask her again, then she spent another 15 minutes to explain me again without showing any impatience, but my stupidity brought me to the kolombos at last which is a nice beach though, where I saw old guys swimming naked, ....... However, do not ask her where is the best place of souvlaki in santorini because she will tell you to go to athens, apart from that , food is great in santorini everywhere from gyros to Chinese cuisine, i remember i have been to a chinese restaurant run by a malaysian owner and he is very friendly that he told me all his story. However, there is a very nice restaurant in imerovigli, a village next to Fira in 10 minutes by driving, sorry forgot the Greek name though, but they close at 12:00 midnight, so get there before too late.
Anyways, i was so impressed during my stay in santorini and the hotel. Last but not the least, the hotel serve breakfast all day long, they prepare the breakfast fresh everyday, especially the hard boiled eggs, its amazing since i love boil eggs so much, do not be shy to ask for more than one egg, they made it precisely well done in 15 minutes....if you over slept, then you can go to the kipos for breakfast for free and you will have just 10% discount, which is not enough, for the rest of the day. Anyways , thanks Marina
P.S. fresh sponge is a special product in santorini, but if they died and dried under sunshine, they can smell bad, so be careful and stay away from them
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Costa Marina Villas is a guesthouse located 200 meters from the central square of Fira, the capital of Santorini, facing the countryside of the eastern part of the island.Great emphasis has been placed on the traditional island architecture & furnishings while at the same time, all modern facilities ensure a comfortable stay.Costa Marina offers 20 double, triple and quadruple rooms, located on the ground, first or second level of the property. Fifteen of them have balcony or patio with view to the eastern part of Santorini island and the rest have inner garden-view windows. Fira center, the famous caldera with volcano and sunset view, shops, restaurants and bars, bus and taxi station are within short walking distance from the guesthouse. Free parking is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Costa Marina Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Marina Villas Hotel Fira
- Costa Marina Hotel
- Costa Marina Villas Santorini/Fira