From the moment you arrive on property, and Niko greets you and takes you to your villa, you will know that you will be THE focus of he and his staff throughout your stay. Never having stayed in a villa of this level, my wife and I were a bit taken aback by the non-standard check in, wherein Niko escorts you to your room and goes through "Niko's Famous List" of what to see and do on Santorini. You're informed that whatever you need--and I mean WHATEVER YOU NEED--you're to call Niko, day or night, and it will be arranged. Car rental? Done. Breakfast of your choosing? Just tell them what time. Which gyro spot is best? Lucky's in Fira. Ask, and it will be done. The room was kept spotless, the views are unreal, and it's truly unique luxury built into the side of a volcanic mountain.
Ours was the Superior Honeymoon Suite, and we recommend it highly. A private deck that could fit sixty was all ours, as was the ample pool, shaded outdoor dining table, and an outdoor bed and shower.
The hotel's central location is perfect as well, with a quick five minute shuttle ride (provided by the hotel) to the island's capital, Fira, and a car rental will get you all over the island with ease.
Despite what I was told by friends (Greek friends) for years about Greece, we never felt we were being taken advantage of, and the people were incredibly polite and welcoming.
Niko was almost like the Greek father we never had by the trips end, taking us to the airport himself at 5 AM the day of our departure. The man is tireless and loves his job so passionately it shows.
In one word, go. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celestia Grand Executive Villas (ex- Volcano View VIP Villas) are under New Management! We welcome you to discover Celestia Grand from our Trip Advisor page and by visiting us in person on beautiful Santorini Island in Greece. Celestia Grand consists of 6 independent luxury villas with private pools. The spacious and private villas are nested atop and on the edge of the Caldera cliffs with stunning views of the Aegean and the famous Santorini sunset. The service in world renowned -- friendly and unimposing. The villa complex is just 1.8 KM south of Fira town in a peaceful location but still close to shopping and entertainment. Each concierge villa offers a furnished and spacious cliff-side terrace with magical views, private pool, hydro massage tubs, AC, computer and wifi. The villas are perfect for families, honeymooners, persons seeking anonymity and privacy, executives, and other VIPs seeking peace and personal service in a stunning setting. Choose from either one bedroom or two bedroom villas with breakfast included and served to the villa (Winter self catering packages do not include breakfast) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Celestia Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano View Villas Hotel Fira
- Celestia Grand Santorini/Fira