I originally booked a 2 bd/2 bath family apartment in the hotel. I subsequently saw a very good villa price on Bookings.com and took the plunge and booked Villa Aphrodite. I cancelled the hotel booking which was easy as it was in the Terms. Not long after I made the booking I received a phone call from Niko, the villa concierge. We discussed our travel party, exact bedding requirements etc. I was very impressed with his attention to detail, even before we arrived. Niko picked us up from the ferry at 2 am, with a smile on his face. When we arrived at the villas he informed us that he has upgraded us to Villa Artemis which had a better view and also a hot tub on the terrace. What a start to 5 days of luxury. The villa was nicely appointed and very comfortable. Our bathroom was larger than many of the hotel rooms we've stayed in in Europe! Breakfast was served on our terrace the next morning and each day thereafter. Yogurt, fruit, breads, OJ, eggs made to order, tea and coffee. Anything we wanted! Niko was full of suggestions, one of which was to take a sailing trip with Captain Ted on the Dreamcatcher. This day was a highlight for us. Just do it. He helped us with a hire car and made excellent restaurant suggestions. He told us that Metaxi Mas was the best restaurant on the island and he was right! Very inexpensive too. My mom had to report her stolen camera and Niko escorted her to the police station to facilitate her report. Having a private pool was a real indulgence. We felt like royalty. The villas are VERY expensive. If you can make the stretch to pay for one - do it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celestia Grand Executive Villas (ex- Volcano View VIP Villas) are under New Management! We welcome you to discover Celestia Grand from our Trip Advisor page and by visiting us in person on beautiful Santorini Island in Greece. Celestia Grand consists of 6 independent luxury villas with private pools. The spacious and private villas are nested atop and on the edge of the Caldera cliffs with stunning views of the Aegean and the famous Santorini sunset. The service in world renowned -- friendly and unimposing. The villa complex is just 1.8 KM south of Fira town in a peaceful location but still close to shopping and entertainment. Each concierge villa offers a furnished and spacious cliff-side terrace with magical views, private pool, hydro massage tubs, AC, computer and wifi. The villas are perfect for families, honeymooners, persons seeking anonymity and privacy, executives, and other VIPs seeking peace and personal service in a stunning setting. Choose from either one bedroom or two bedroom villas with breakfast included and served to the villa (Winter self catering packages do not include breakfast) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Celestia Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano View Villas Hotel Fira
- Celestia Grand Santorini/Fira