“Best stay ever”

Ranked #1 of 80 Hotels in Fira
New Delhi, India
“Best stay ever”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at Villa artemis for 2 nights and the stay was really perfect. The villa itself is two floored with living room and a balcony on top floor and bedroom with huge bath downstairs. It has a big pool and a huge whirlpool outside. Bathroom is huge and has another Jacuzzi in it with separate multi-shower bath area. Villa is elegantly designed and the interior design is really awesome. The Villa manager Nikos, as quoted by almost all travelers, is very helpful and take special care about his guests. He certainly gave nice suggestions about what to do on the touristy island and about the restaurants etc. We certainly benefited by following his advice. He made sure that the rooms, pool and whirlpool are maintained clean. The breakfast was very good and Nikos asked us about our choices. It was delivered right on pre-decided time without asking for it again. The sunset was gorgeous from the whirlpool and balcony. We were picked up from the port and dropped to the airport. I requested Nikos about some special decorations as the stay was special for us and he took care of it to the extreme. Thanks Nikos... Nikos also gave us a laptop for personal use. The rooms are perfectly air-conditioned, which is a necessity considering scorching temperature outside. I can go on praising about the place and the hospitality but I should stop now :) In the end I just wanted to add, as Nikos said, people who visit Santorini for less than 3 days, have to visit again... so true... and we are going to rent the same villa again in our next trip :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Greek first
Edinburgh
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the volcano view villas and loved it. Our villa was lovely, private, clean, spacious and had a superb view over the caldera and a fabulous pool. The villas manager Niko was great, very welcoming (lovely bottle of wine and fruit), and his help, advice and personality added to the enjoyment of our stay. Breakfast in the hotel was good as were lunch and dinner, all menus had lots of choice. We had breakfast delivered to our villa for the last two days of our holiday and were overwhelmed with the amount and variety of food we were given. All the staff at the hotel were nice and friendly and both the hotel and villas had the lovely relaxed feel of a well run place. The mini bus provided to Fira was also useful, although taxis were only around 6 euros. Santorini is a beautiful place, we plan to return and would highly recommend volcano view villas to anyone considering a holiday there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ailsacam
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The Villas are unparalleled perfection. Once you experience the peacefulness, serenity and the view, you will never want to leave-I didn't. I stayed in Villa Artemis, which is a huge 1 bedroom, 2 floor villa with a private pool and hot tub-WOW. The view,from the private patio, of the caldera is awesome, almost humbling. The made to order breakfast poolside was amazing and the very large fruit platter upon arrival was a nice touch.The service is incomparable-Niko, the manager,is available 24/7. He gets to knows all his guests, goes out of his way for all of them and becomes friends with many of them-it's no wonder he has so many repeat guests. He drove me into town one day to pick up tickets for the ferry and another day I got stranded in Fira and Niko picked me up within 5 minutes of my phone call. Fira is a short 5 minute drive, there is a free shuttle, but I took taxis into town, although the wait to get back to the hotel was crazy. This is the 4th time I have been to santorini and have never experienced that before. Niko also arranged a private jewelry party in my villa with some other guests-it was tons of fun and something he may continue in the future, I went to Mykonos after Santorini, stayed in a 5 star hotel, and the whole time wished I were back at the villas. I will never stay anywhere else in Santorini, I have never been pampered so much and treated so well-I miss it and can't wait for my next visit!!!!!'

• Stayed June 2012
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Nikos ensures the villas are 100% and continues to look after you during your stay. He organised some surprises for us and was endlessly helpful
The villas are superb, clean and comfortable

Room Tip: We stayed in Ianthe and were offered an upgrade but declined as we were completely satisfied, nothin...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hernando, Mississippi
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I took my parents to Greece last summer. We stayed at the Volcano View VIP Villas in Santorini, Greece (Ianthi). Words can not describe how beautiful it was. Nico was amazing. We arrived to wine and fruit and he gave us an incredible history lesson. He recommended Captain Ted for a sailing trip which was unbelievable. The only knock was the firmness of the bed which Nico took care of immediately by ordering a new mattress! The island is perfect for renting a car and driving around - which we did. We went to Black Beach one day and had a great time - rented lounge chairs by the Magic Bus beach bar. We spent one week in Mykonos prior to arriving in Santorini. We love the hotel in Mykonos but the ease of travel in Santorini was the best. If you stay here - don't bother with the volcano view from Oia. Just stay at the Villa with a nice bottle of wine and you will have the best seat on the island. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Choose a VIP Villa. It's worth the extra money for the service Nico provides. Perfect for family...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised after being upgraded from the hotel to a villa. The villas are amazing! I felt like I was staying in a postcard. Nico, the hotel manager was incredible! He made us breakfast and told where to eat, what excursions to go on etc.... Thank you for making our stay in Santorini memorable!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Miller Place, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Volcano View Villas in August. This place is amazing. We stayed in the Ianthi Villa. It was spectacular. Nico, the manager could not have been more accommodating. He makes you feel that you are the only ones staying there. Breakfast was cooked to order and brought to your villa and set out for you wherever you would like. We ate on our private pool deck each morning with an amazing view of the caldera. Sunsets from the veranda are gorgeous. Having our own private pool was a highlight of our stay on Santorini. This place is first class and we had a most memorable time. Thank you Nico and your staff. I would give you a 6 rating if it were possible.

Room Tip: Make sure you a stay at the villas not the hotel next door.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim77NY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
#6 of 56 in Oia
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#2 of 50 in Imerovigli

Been to Celestia Grand? Share your experiences!