“High end villas with high end Concierge service”
Review of Celestia Grand

Celestia Grand
Ranked #1 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We just spent a few days in Santorini during our family trip to Greece. The Villas at Volcano View were outstanding and the Concierge service from Niko is top notch. We highly recommend that anyone that wants to find a hidden jewel, this is the destination for you. We will be coming back again to stay longer

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MillersX4

Reviewed June 21, 2011

My family and I just had a wonderful stay in Villa Aphrodite at Volcano View Villas. The villa was lovely and very spacious. Gorgeous views everywhere. Patio and pool were wonderful (pool is not heated). We loved the private breakfast service the the offerings were great. Niko made us feel so welcome and he was so helpful in getting us everything we needed from recommendations to reservations, car rental, even a plug converter for my camcorder that wouldn't work with my converter. Not right in town so if you want to walk out of your hotel door and be in town, this location will not provide that. But, it was centrally located and a very short drive to towns. It was more private and quiet not being right in town. You could look over and see many of the private patios and pools in the hotels right in town on the cliffs. Thanks again Niko for helping to make our stay very special.

Room Tip: Stay in a villa vs the hotel if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LindaScottAndFamily
Reviewed February 24, 2011

The Sapphire Villa at Volcano View Villas is just stunning. Any superlative word you can find will describe how amazing the view from this exclusive villa. The villa facilities include private pool, outdoor hot tub, large indoor hot tub, living room, 2 bedrooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Most enjoyable stay in this beautiful island.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2010

This review is for the Villa (not the hotel).
My husband and I as well as my parents stayed at the two bedrooms Villa Sapphire for 3 nights. The villa was fantastic! I had very high expectation after reading all the reviews on tripadvisor and was a little worried that I would get disappointed because of my high expectation. I was pleasantly surprised that the stay and overall experience in Santorini actually exceeded my expectations!

Location/view: The view from the villa was truly breathtaking. When we first checked-in, we pretty much stayed on the huge veranda/balcony and all of us were speachless with the beautiful view.
The villa was not located at the town center (which was a pro for me because I want peace and quiet). With a rental car, we get around without any problem. We could drive to the Supermarket located a few mins away and buy drinks/snacks etc. (The price at the Supermarket is really cheap; maybe because it was off-season).

Service: The manager Nick was great, just like all the other reviews had mentioned!

Inside the villa: We enjoyed the hot tub (outdoor & indoor) quite a bit. We didn't use the outdoor (unheated) swimming pool since it was too chilly those few days. The "hydro-massage" bath tub was nice! The lounge also had TV/DVD as well as internet access which was convienient.

Restaurants in the area: There's a restaurant called "Mythos" which offered free delivery to the villa. The food was great (love the eggplant dip) and the price is so reasonable!

Overall, I love Santorini and I was glad to have stayed at the Villa. I would definitely try to stay at the villa again if I visit Santorini. I was glad to have gone during late October. Yes, the weather is probably too cold for swimming, but it was still nice with sunshine, and we got to explore the island in leisure/slow pace.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We selected Volcano View Villas because we had a friend that had stayed there last year.
They mentioned what a great guy Nikos was and boy were we happy to see he was still there. A great guy that makes this place really work. The villas themselves are beautiful, but Niko makes the place for sure! Thanks Niko and hope to see you again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Our family stayed at Volcano View villa Erotas in the late July for three days.

The beuaty of the place itself is beyond words, breath taking!

The VV villas are most advantageously located: one could enjoy the sunset right at your patio without going any other crowded place to get a glimpse of the glorious sunset. The volcano view from the villa is fabulous in itself :you could also observe huge ships down at the bay from the height of 250 which is quite impressive!

Our villa was double level and had all the necessities for a short stay. The deck with a pool (clean and refreshingl, a table and beach chairs, was gquite spacious and added to the conveniencies one could think of.

The service was immaculate and Niko, the hotel manager, anticipated all the wishes before one could really think of any!

We will definitely come back to Santorini and VV villas - having visited the place once one gets enchanted for a lifetime! We wish anyone the same!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

If you ever visit Santorini this is the best place you can stay, trust me. Remember the difference between the Hotel which is beautiful and the Villas next door. We arrived by ferry and were pick-up by the Villas at the dock which was a tremendous relief to have someone waiting for us.
The villa we booked was called Villa Aphrodite, a one of a kind 3 room suite with a large outdoor pool /patio area. I can't describe how gorgeous this suite was, look it up online for yourself, It's worth every penny. We have 3 teenagers and needed 2 rooms, I felt the price was right and choose the Villas based on previous reviews, but we never expected the Villas to be the best part of our vaction.
The ability to walk right out of you room and swim in your private pool with a dream like
view of the caldera, or sleep in a large bedroom with endless ocean views. it does'nt get better then this.
Finally, you will read about Nick Dinos the onsite concierge/manager, its all true.
From arranging a rental car right to my door, to printing google maps to a small local family restaurant with the best views and food, to delivering anything I wanted to our room ,he never stoped caring about our needs day or night gratuitously. Thank you nick.
If you can don't miss this experience, you won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fira
Anteliz Suites
Anteliz Suites
#3 of 81 in Fira
Iconic Santorini, a boutique cave hotel
Aenaon Villas
Aenaon Villas
#2 of 51 in Imerovigli
Villa Renos
Villa Renos
#4 of 81 in Fira
Enigma Apartments & Suites
Petit Palace Suites Hotel

Been to Celestia Grand? Share your experiences!