This little gem of a hotel is well located away from the hustle and bustle of the main city centre. It may look far but once you are there you will appreciate being away from the boat load of travelers.
From the moment you enter you are greeted with a friendly smile from your host and Sush the dog together with a nice cool drink.
We had room No.5 located on the lower level with a private terrace. Once inside you get a real sense of history with the architecture added to with subtle modern inclusions.
The bed was comfortable but a second pillow could have helped. The mattress could have been a bit more comfortable but in hindsight, I think my body was adjusting to all the steps around Santorini!
There was a TV with cable channels, fridge and your own cooking facilities if required.
The wonderful view from our terrace was magical. We watched the sunset one evening and the view back to the top of Santorini is mesmorising.
The price was very reasonable when you take into account your in Europe but expensive when you convert to $AUD. Once you take a look at other hotels you will appreciate what you have and the reason we are so glowing of this hotel.
The only complaint that we could make would be the lack of hot water available for a shower. But we figured out that one should shower before breakfast and the other after solved that problem. Speaking of breakfast, this would have to be memorable highlight of our stay. The menu is a la carte but unlike other hotels, they were happy to provide additional food if I was still hungry. You cannot go past the yogurt with fruit and honey, it still leaves me salivating for more!
We both felt very safe and the gate was always open til late.
On our final evening Mr Regis was there with his assistant who had waited for us to return and he took our bag up to the top of the stairs and left for home. He made it seem very easy!
- Santorini can get very busy and I think we timed our trip perfectly. Arriving before the boat load of travelers arrive. Best before 10 May
- Best Gyros was located in the square just around the corner from the supermarket
- Best to travel around the island by either quad bike or bus.
- Take the time to go to the Ammoudi. There are a few restuarants down there which have the view and food to match.
- Best Restuarant is the one that featured in the movie Sisterhood of the traveling pants. Sorry I cant remember the name!
- Make sure you go to OIA for the sunset and dont waste your time going to Parissa. I cannot understand why people suggest going here, but you will need to figure this one out for yourself.
- Talk to the locals.
Hope this helps make Santorini as enjoyable for you as it did us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cori Rigas Suites located on the caldera's cliff of Fira Town, was originally built and stayed through its 250 years old history as a Captain's House. All of the highly aesthetic apartments are furnished with unique handcrafted pieces of furniture and decorated with the proprietors' pieces of Art, paintings and sculptures. Their marble terraces have the most breathtaking sunset view in the world not to mention the volcano and the glorious Aegean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Cori Rigas Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cori Rigas Apartments Fira
- Cori Rigas Apartments Hotel Fira
- Cori Rigas Suites Santorini/Fira