“Fantastic-recommended”

$60.10*
Private Custom Tour: Santorini in a Day
$90.15*
and up
Private Tour: Santorini Sightseeing with Photo Stops on the Fira to Oia Hiking...
$75.12*
and up
Santorini Shore Excursion: Private Caldera, Traditional Winery and Oia Village...
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Fira
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover the most distinct wineries and traditional cellars of Santorini through a unique wine-tasting journey! Small-group Wine Tours, Food & Wine tastings, Greek cooking classes & Private tours are some of the trips offered daily to experience the wine, food & culture of Santorini and Greece.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Booked this tour after very positive reviews on Tripadvisor and not disappointed! Arrived in the port of Fira when another 6 ships were berthed and didn't appreciate that it would take 40 minutes to queue for the cable car because there were so many passengers. Phoned Dimitiris to let him know we'd be late and he was most helpful and delayed the start of the tour as we were the only two people booked. Found our he only takes a maximum of 8 visitors so the personal touch is guaranteed.
Visited a very modern winery first, then an old family winery and completed the day with a visit to a converted tomato factory which was now a winery, set in a beautiful location a stone's throw from the sea. In total we tasted 9 wines and a beautiful red wine vinegar.
Really interesting tour and well worth the money for a very full four hours.
Dimitiris recommended a lovely and reasonably priced restaurant after the tour - which was very welcome after hearing which foods went best with each wine. Book now!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I asked my hotel to book this tour for me. I was picked up from my hotel & i ended up being the only one on the tour but it was still an excellent experience.

I got to see some of the countryside & a small village that I wouldn't have seen otherwise. The last winery was beside the sea- just beautiful & so relaxing.

The wineries were very interesting & their wines were delicious. As previous people have said, there was no pressure to buy.
The guide was very knowledgeable about wines, the region & history. Also spoke very good English.

I highly recommend this tour & for €65 it is cheaper than other tours.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Dimitris was the perfect guide - not only because he knew all about the wines and wine growing in Santorini but he was also very friendly and let us know about the land and history too. It was a wonderful relaxed few hours, seeing three very distinct wineries on a beautiful island. I would heartily recommend wine lovers taking this tour, with the delicious Santorini wines and food. We also enjoyed meeting Tom and Lynne from Ireland on the tour!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I highly recommend this tour. Dimitris picked us up at the bus terminal right near our house in Oia. Dimitris is a wealth of knowledge not only about wine, but about the history of Santorini. We toured three different wineries, each very unique and interesting. We tasted twelve wines and there was no pressure to buy, but one can't help but pick up a few bottles! The wineries were able to ship (but the cost was prohibitive). If you are allowed a second bag with your airline, you can buy a box to check the wine. This was one of the best tours I have been on in a long time, made even better by Dimitris who was a great guide.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked directly with this company, unaware that we would be the only couple on this particular tour. Other may well have decided that it wasn't worth it just for two, but Dimitiris (our guide) was happy to oblige.

We had an absolutely experience, being taken to three separate and very different wineries. Dimitris was extremely knowledgable and informative about the whole industry, particularly about Santorinian wine production.

The three winery's were so different and gave us a great insight into wine production on the island - From Boutari (a large international producer) through to Gavalas (a small independent) and the to Gaia, who have a winery right on the coast the experience took us on a real history of wine production on the island.

Dimitiris was a real mine of information and his engaging nature made this one of the most enjoyable days on the island.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this company if you want to get the real 'low down' on the history of wine production on Santorini. Well done Dimitiris!!!!