“NOT a 4 Star Hotel”
Review of Daedalus Hotel

Daedalus Hotel
Ranked #65 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The pictures show a very pretty hotel with lovely rooms and a beautiful garden. In reality the rooms are really bad and the decor is old and very cheap.
The breakfast area is worse than that of a cheap camping. There is an overall depressing feeling about this hotel. It feels like being in a hospital. I recommend NOT to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank RSlovestotravel
There are newer reviews for Daedalus Hotel

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Daedalus Hotel as our second destination on our Greek Island honeymoon. While the Daedalus is listed as a four star hotel, compared to the other hotels we stayed at on this trip, it's really more a three star.

The staff is very friendly and the rooms are kept clean. We stayed in I think room 104, which is above the breakfast room near the pool. Compared to the other hotels we stayed at, the room was very small and the bathroom was very narrow. Our biggest complaint was the lack of hot water. I don't know if this only affects the rooms above the breakfast room, since they're far from the main building, but only once did we get even reasonably warm water.

The swimming pool is a good size, but didn't seem to be heated and while the pool is clean, it wasn't kept as clean as the pools at other hotels we stayed at. (Debris I noticed at the bottom of the pool the first day we were there was still there two days later.) It has a swim-in whirlpool next to the main pool which is a lot of fun and the sun-beds around the pool are extremely comfortable and relaxing. There is also a nice garden area just West of the pool.

The hotel is located on the South end of Fira, a block south of the Fira bus stop. (36.414419,25.433489) While it's only a short walk to the main part of Fira, there's no sidewalks in front of the hotel so you're forced to walk in the street for a short distance to reach the hotel. With scooters, tour buses, and trucks going past, this can be a little disconcerting, especially at night. Directly across the street from the hotel is a nice grocery store where you can pick up bottled water and many of the snacks, such as the sesame covered peanuts, for much less than they sell in town.

Breakfast was reasonable and on par with other hotels we stayed at on this trip.
Free WiFi was a nice plus. For the most part it worked well and allowed us to keep in touch with friends and family back home, although it did stop working the last day of our stay.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

That is NOT a 4stars hotel! Not even an 1 star hotel! The price, even in offer, very expensive for that kind of rooms.
Most of the rooms have very small window looking at the aircondition of the next room!
Too much humidity in the room, because sun does not reach them!
There were hair on the bathtube from the previous customer!
The fridge was empty!
There is a swimming pool, and there is a breakfast, that is true!
KEEP AWAY!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Ed J
Reviewed July 10, 2012

it was one of the best hotels that i have spend my holidays in greece. let me start first with the hotel personnel who where really friendly, helpful and well informed about everything me, my husband and children can visit. the hotel room where i was staying was very clean with a view of the garde and their pool. the pool was large and beautiful, my children loved it and me and my husband was able to enjoy refreshing cocktails to the pool bar. last but not least the location of the hotel was very close to the center of fyra and everything was near by making it easy to fully enjoy the island santorini. i hope me and my family return back for sure and i will sugest it to my friends. thank you very much it was a lovely stay. have a nice vacations.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Helen A
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hotel was a pleasant place to stay in a convenient location. Near to a grocery store and the bus station while still being a quiet and relaxing place... The hotel is not one of the cliffside dwellings, but it is within easy walking distance to all of Fira. The staff was professional and pleasant. We loved having a nice pool. Room was neat and clean. Poolside breakfast was good and more generous than the typical European continental breakfast.

3  Thank CW1807
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel is the perfect example of how painting everything white makes it look new and fresh. It is not. The beds were hard and the pillows so thin I think they were just pieces of foam. The bathroom was the worst, very old and the shower head kept dropping off the holder so I could not have a proper shower. Hot water was not consistent and on my last morning there was no hot water, spoke to other guests and they said the same. During my stay I was in my room and the cleaner entered my room without knocking first. The breakfast was below average and after the first day I did not go back. Selection minimal.

The worst part of this hotel is the slamming doors. They do not have proper door closers on them so it is impossible to close them quietly. So as people come and go, during the night and in the morning, you can hear every single one. It woke me up during the night and made sleeping in almost impossible. Not only do they slam it echos in the hallway.

As locations is go in relation to Fira city centre and supermarket across the road. When I enquired with reception about a wine tour I was told to catch the bus, when I asked if tour or taxi, told the bus was cheaper. Then I read on tripadvisor I could hire a guide for 1/2 a day, I would have done this had I have known.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank taf14
Reviewed June 21, 2012

First of all i'll not forget Mary at the reception with her very big eyes. She was really helpful and friendly with us. Perfect place to stay and will definitely go again. Rooms was lovely , breakfast was great. We stayed in room 105 which had a pool view. The cleaning staff came in every day to clean the room. Sonia always left our room beautiful with different desighn with a towels each day loved everthing about it. Thanks of all...