“Worth it for the view!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Keti

Hotel Keti
Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Melbourne, Australia
“Worth it for the view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel because it was reasonably priced considering it had caldera views. On arrival, we were not disappointed, the view from the balcony was stunning, a fantastic sight to wake up to every morning. We were not bothered with the fact that it was a shared balcony as we found it empty most nights and spent several nights sitting out watching the sun go down with a bottle of wine, perfectly content.

The reception staff (especially the lady who did the afternoon/night shifts) were very friendly and always happy to offer advice and directions.

We had a twin private room and it was always cleaned beautifully. The private safe in the cupboard was also very convenient. The bathroom was always spotless and ended up being almost the size of our bedroom!

The only negative was that the did not offer free transfer from the port and it was a little difficult to navigate our way there in the heat on arrival. However, the reception staff was more than happy to arrange someone to carry our luggage up the hill on departure, which was much appreciated.

Next time I will probably pay a little more and get a place with a pool, but apart from that, I would definitely recommend Hotel Keti to anyone not wanting to break the bank and to wake up with a stunning view.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adelle T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bundaberg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed in Hotel Keti for four nights in May 2012 after friends had recommended it to us. We were not disappointed. The hotel is on the edge of the caldera and the views from the balcony are spectacular to say the least. The room was clean and comfortable and very well maintained. The staff were all very helpful and spoke good English. The breakfast provided offered a range of choices and was served in a small dining room.
We would certainly recommend this hotel to our friends.

1 Thank BundyTraveller
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We are 2 Canadian couples in 40s who stayed at Hotel Keti for 3 nights May 18-20, 2012. The rooms were spacious and comfy. LOTS of small tables, for a private glass of wine with a view! Loved the location and v helpful staff who helped arrange a car rental, taxis, etc. And if you love cool plants... a bunch of lovely cacti and colorful succulents to make this a very cozy place. I strongly recommend the hike around the caldera--10 km each way--with spectacular views of the volacano both ways. It is hilly though so wear proper shoes and bring water. BUT WORTH IT!

Room Tip: We were room 6. It was a large room with a small sitting area with a great view out to sea. Also, o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Owen Sound, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I first found out about this gem from friends who love this hotel. This is my second visit to Hotel Keti, and I am always so happy with our stays. We stayed in the premium double room which is lovely - it has a beautiful view of the caldera, a vaulted ceiling, and you can awaken to hear the donkeys going overhead on their way to the old port. Yiannis and his staff certainly make one feel like old friends, and will help in any way that they can. The rooms are always pristine, and the breakfast is lovely. The view from the large deck areas is the best of the caldera, in my opinion, and it makes a great screen saver when you get home! We plan to come back (many times, I hope!) to the wonderful people and hotel: Keti.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in Hotel Keti. The first night we splurged a bit and stayed in the Cave House suite, and after that, the standard double room. We preferred the standard double room because the layout was more natural, the tub larger, and it had a very large private balcony. (we must have gotten lucky, since it looked like only one of the standard double rooms has the private balcony)

This hotel has incredible views. We found ourselves just passing the time lazing on the balcony gazing out at the caldera. There's really no need to be anywhere else when you've got a view like this.

The service was impeccable, and the breakfast delicious. The main reason we would give this a 4 is because we thought the beds and pillows were too hard, especially in the Cave House suite.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank naomind
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I had a wonderful experience staying at Hotel Keti, although at first it looked like it might have been a disaster. The views from the balcony are exceptionally beautiful, and it was here that disaster struck. I had removed my prothsesis (I had lost my leg in a tragic farming accident when I was three years old)to dry out from my swim when a gust of wind blew me false leg over the balcony and plummeted several hundred feet down the cliff into the water. I shouted out to the Owner and about half an hour later (Greeks are used to shouting at each other, so he did't realize it was an emergency), he came to ask what was wrong. I was still in shock, but explained what had happened. He was very concerned but told me that he was afraid of heights so couldn't climb down himself to fetch my leg. But his new employee, Marilia, happened to be an expert climber and marathon swimmer. She immediately began to rappel down the cliff and then swam several minutes (my false leg was filled with styrofoam and so floated) and retrieved my leg. As is that wasn't enough, when she returned my leg, she noticed a small infection growing on my stump and proceeded to gather local plants (with medicinal properties) and rubbed it against my (now) aching stump and attached my leg. As a small token of my appreciation, I took her to dinner that night and a romance began to grow. I soon discovered that Marilia was both beautiful inside and out. All of this wouldn't have happened if I hadn't booked my room at Hotel Keti!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank ChumMedia
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

I am so glad we stayed here during our three night stay on Santorini! The location cannot be beat. Hotel Keti has what must be the best possible location and view in Fira. For a better view, you must stay in Oia, where everything costs twice as much. I can't tell you how many postcards we saw on the island showing shots that included Hotel Keti in them. That's because its location is so incredibly photogenic.
Plus, everything about the hotel met expectations. The room was comfortable, as were the beds. The bathroom was more than adequate; better than most we had during our 5 week trip throughout Greece. The service was excellent, and the staff most friendly. The breakfast was quite good.
I have read the bad reviews, which pan the sevice. I can verify that we were met at the boat dock upon our arrival, and returned there upon our departure. All of our luggage was carried for us up and down the labyrinthine steps one must walk to get to the hotel. (You're on the side of a volcanic caldera, OK? Isn't that why you come to Santorini??). The people who complained about lack of service must not have requested it in advance. That is all that is required.
In sum, I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and will recommend it to all my friends and relatives.

6 Thank Rick049