“Gorgeous! Would go back in a heartbeat!”
Review of Hotel Keti

Hotel Keti
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Fira
“Gorgeous! Would go back in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Santorini was one of my last stops in a 6 week solo tour around Europe. It was easily one of my favourite stops, and Hotel Keti was fabulous. The journey to Santorini was quite an adventure (had to share the taxi with two Other strangers- driving around areas of the island that really didn't look like the postcards). I was surprised the taxi didn't go to the hotel doorstep, but soon found out why. Found it easily enough though, down a lot of steps.

Entering the gate to the hotel was breathtaking. The view is just -WOW!! The reception was friendly, and was presently surprised by the size of the cave room (almost a little apartment). Also had my own little balcony with one of the best views in the world. Nice to read a book in the sun and relax after backpacking for 6 weeks!

The hotel is close to everything. The staff were very helpful with maps and recommendations of restaurants and things to do. The breakfast was good value. I enjoyed being able to order a coffee/wine to my room, again prices were very reasonable.

The ONLY downside was the stairs, but great for thighs of steel!! No way that I could carry the suitcase back up the stairs, so I paid a guy 5euro to carry it to the taxi area, he sprinted ahead of me and I couldn't keep up :)

If I went back, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank Sheadsav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
brussels
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Just back from the Hotel Keti where we stayed in the Cave Room for several nights.

The location of the hotel is great – within easy distance of the pedestrian streets, close to the bus station. As mentioned in many reviews, the views from either the shared balconies, or from the private balcony belonging to the Cave Room are just wonderful – no crowds (as is the case in Oia) and with everything on view. It is quite a hike down to the hotel, and as pointed out, even worse coming back up with your luggage, so this is NOT a hotel for those who cannot take all the steps. We were offered a porter service at the hotel for €5 per bag but did not take it.

The hotel staff were exceptionally friendly.

The Cave Room itself was really spacious, comfortable, and quiet. It offered a mini kitchen (although in comparison to the other hotels we visited, not even a bottle of water was provided in it for when you arrived) but it was not possible to cook using this since no cooking utensils are available, a jaccuzzi bath, cave design, and very large bed. Free WiFi was available, although there was no reception in the room itself – you needed to go onto the balcony or to the reception area.

A buffet breakfast was available at €6/person and represented good value for money, especially if compared with the prices being charged in some cafés.

The wardrobe would have been more practical with a few shelves, meaning we had to live out of our suitcases.

Nevertheless, we found that this hotel - given that we were in Santorini where prices are higher than elsewher in the islands - offered a lot for the price, including the priceless view.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kite_traveller
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Hotel Keti is in an ideal location in Fira, Santorini. After much searching for something affordable on the caldera, I found Keti. Located down many steps, right near the beginning of the "main drag" and the convenient to the bus station--Keti is in a good spot.

The view from the shared balcony area is spectacular and I spent my nights sipping a glass of wine while relaxing in a nice breeze and enjoying the twinkling lights along the caldera.

Of all the hotels I stayed in during the trip, Keti was among the most expensive, although it's a good deal for the caldera. That said, it's also the only one that did not include breakfast. They did have it available for an additional charge, but the offering was not very good. It was all processed and not very tasty looking. We passed.

The beds are seriously spartan. We are talking HARD, with hard pillows to match. And our shower had mold in all the grout, which didn't bother me as much as my friend (who's accustomed to American hotel rooms).

In terms of service, as I mentioned--no bfast. Also, as it is MANY steps down to get to the hotel, so it is MANY steps up to get out. My friend (who is 4 months pregnant) was not looking forward to the trip up with her backpack upon our departure. So, I asked the front desk clerk if he could possibly help my friend with her bag. Not a big request in my eyes given the cost of the room. He told me "no problem" for an additional $8. So, we passed. It's not that serious.

Don't expect 5 star comfort or service here, but you can definitely expect a 5 star location and view. Would definitely recommend for that alone.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jessica L
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The setting of Santorini is every bit as breath-taking as people say it is, and Hotel Keti seems to occupy a prime location, allowing views not only out across the ocean but also all along the precipitous caldera edge. For that reason, we were all the more disappointed with our room. We knew to expect "cave like dwelling" but we didn't expect it to be so dark, and certainly not so damp, dank and pretty poorly furnished. Several rooms open onto private balconies meaning that they can throw open their doors for the view and the light, but ours was one of a few that faced onto the communal terrace meaning no light or view without a complete loss of any privacy. Added to that, the staff were pretty non-existent and the breakfast, by the standards of other Greek hotels, was fairly mediocre. They have a great resource in Hotel Keti but they're not nearly making enough of it. Must try harder!

Room Tip: Insist on a room with a private balcony!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sean L
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Hotel Keti is situated at the far end of Fira which makes it quiet and relaxing, but only a few steps walk into the central Fira streets, and 30 secs walk to your sunset cocktails. It is perfectly positioned to watch the sunset.

Don't listen to any other reviews about "blah blah Oia sunset this... blah blah Oia sunset that....." Fira is the best place to watch the sunset from if you are in Santorini, and Hotel Keti has one of the best locations to sit outside your room and watch it.

The staff are very friendly and nice. My recommendation is if you can afford it - pay the bit extra for the better room. It is a big leap in size and quality and you'll be glad you did. We stayed in both the basic and better room and it is worth it!

We loved Santorini and Hotel Keti. Keti was so perfect and great value compared to a lot of the more expensive hotels looking at the same view.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We just returned from 4 nights at the Hotel Keti in Santorini. It's perfectly situated at the edge of the town so that your view is of the entire city. I'm not sure how old the hotel is but it seems new and is clean, friendly and very comfortable. There are a lot of steps to get to this hotel, as it's overlooking the Aegean and doesn't have car access. You are dropped off about a 5-10 minute walk to the hotel. The Manager came to meet us in our transfer. Hotel Keti arranged a transfer for us from the High Speed Ferry. The driver had a sign so we knew where to go. We were driven close to the hotel and were met and escorted. It was a tough walk, dragging our luggage, but well worth it. Santorini is spectacular and the hotel is quiet and perfect on the side of all of the action.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I was reccomended this Hotel by a friend, and this was the best reccomendation anyone has given! The most valuable thing you can have at a Hotel in Santorini is a balcony that you can sit and take in the views of the Caldera and this Hotel has several that you can enjoy it from, some rooms even have their own private balconies. Pure relaxation. The bedrooms have everything you need (as you are not in there much anyway), big and spacious, a fridge, sink etc. I really think Hotel Keti has a vantage point over so many others with the views. While it might seem like a bit of a trek up and down the side of the hill each time (especially in Summer!), I garantee you it's definately worth it. Do not use Google Maps to find the location of this Hotel because it's incorrect. Ask for directions to 'Atlantis Hotel' which is a bigger Hotel just above it, and take the steps next to Atlantis down to Keti (there are signs for Hotel Keti near the steps).

Room Tip: We stayed in room 9 and loved it - will request this next time (had a private balcony as well as a s...
2 Thank MademoiselleSK8