“Most breathtaking views and uniqueness in Greece!”
Review of Hotel Kavalari

Hotel Kavalari
Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Okay--so I lied. We did not stay in October, 2010. We stayed 10 years ago--in October 2000. I was looking through my "memory box" and came across my honeymoon memorabilia and came across the Hotel Kavalari. A lot has happened in 10 years--just think how much the internet and such has grown--back then there was no Tweeter, Facebook, etc. I never wrote a review back then (not sure there was even a website built with a review), so I am taking the time now to give Kudos to Kavalari! We went in the off-season and were greeted with warmth and kindness. We had no reservations, but that did not matter at all--hospitality was wonderful. We had a great two day stay. The room was great, the view spectacular. Thanks so much for an unforgettable time!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 26, 2011

My fiance and I absolutely loved Kavalari! First of all the staff was fantastic and incredibly helpful! They gave us restaurant recommendations, day trip suggestions, and were wonderfully easy to talk to! Our room was cozy and comfortable and had a romantic feel to it as well (plus it was spotless)! Instead of spending money each evening on a fancy restaurant with a view, my fiance and I picked up gyros, french fries, and the free wine from the hotel and sat at one of the many tables overlooking the sea! We had the best spot on the island (and the food was amazing - thanks to the staff's recommendation)! On to the continental breakfast! The food was amazingly fresh and delicious and we got to enjoy the gorgeous views!

I truly have nothing negative to say about Kavalari!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2010

We went to Santorini 11 years ago without knowing the place and we ended up staying in a traditional Greek villa way up in Fira. We sort of realized our mistake quickly because it is so much better not having to deal with your car while you are in Fira. A year and a half ago we went there again (Santorini is our favorite vacation destination by now) and ended up staying in hotel Atlantis, located in perfect place. However, although the location was great we were not quite happy with our room. Before we left we visited quite a few places in the center of Fira. We all decided that Hotel Kavalari had the best views and rooms, which were all different, very unique and very Greek. We stayed there last summer and will stay there every year, becasue we might end up travelling there for a long time every summer. Everything was just perfect.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I LOVED this hotel, I'll fully admit that. The best things about the hotel? The amazing views. Close second are the breakfast (amazing) and unique architecture (The rooms resemble caves and definitely don't feel like your standard hotel room - but don't worry they aren't claustrophobic or anything). Only negative thing was that the hot tub was not working, apparently they don't heat it until the busy season and we were there over memorial day weekend which was the week before busy season starts. Only thing that would have made it better was to have a few amenities that we found at cheaper hotels, such as pick up from the ferry and wireless internet but even without this it was my favorite place I stayed at in greece.
*Also, there is a restaurant that is super close by that had the most amazing spicy feta dip. I can't remember the name, but if you head to the right out of the hotel its the first restaurant you come to on the left, set off a little from the street. I would do almost anything for some of that dip right now!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed here this past summer and requested a room with lots of light and a balcony. We were given room number 4 and it was perfect. It is at the top level of the resort (at the top of hundreds of stairs going DOWN), has a living room and separate bedroom, and best of all, has a balcony hanging over the most gorgeous view of the Santorini harbor, which is the caldera. Spotless, authentic local Greek-feeling hotel with a reasonable price and welcoming way. Huge Greek breakfast, beautiful flowers in bloom, songbirds in cages, and 2 friendly doggies snoozing in the shade. Perfect location in the center of things.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My new husband and I stayed at the Hotel Kavalari in Santorini for the first 3 days of our honeymoon. I must say that the rest of the vacation was sort of a let down after staying here. Anna at the front desk was wonderful and so helpful in assisting us in setting up activities. We had an amazing room with the most beautiful views we have ever seen!! It was a joy to wake up there each morning. The rooms were clean - the staff managed to sneak in there and clean every day while we were eating breakfast. Oh, and breakfast was included in our room rate and was delicious! We were served croissants, greek yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries etc. each morning with delicious coffee while overlooking the Aegean. I could not have asked for a more perfect hotel and will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The view of Thira and the crystal blue waters around Santorini blew us away as soon as we descended the stairs from reception to our room--truly must be seen to be believed! Anna was pleasant to deal with via email and we were lucky to book a Double Room with Sea View on short notice. Our room was charming, comfortable, & artfully decorated, but the real attraction here is the multi-level terraces with their astounding view. We felt a sense of peace & seclusion because of the way the rooms & terraces are built into the cliff-side and separated below the main pedestrian streets of the city (even though it's fairly centrally-located within Thira & a convenient base for exploring Thira and Imerovigli on foot). Arriving by ferry, it was approximately 20 minutes by taxi from the ferry port--the staff helpfully arranged our taxi transportation to & from the port. The complimentary European-style breakfast on the terrace was great (assorted breads/croissants/fruit/yogurt/etc). Our only regret is that we had just one night to spend in this beautiful place...

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple