1,281 results
All reviews beautiful hotel small luxury hotel pool area the bus caldera view few steps greek style the location is perfect bottle of wine beautiful pool breakfast was delicious shops and restaurants beautiful island junior suite santorini sunset loungers
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

I am not going to write about the quality of the hotel (how it meets the expectations about a 4 stars Small Luxury Hotels of the World), how it is ideally located or the kindness and mindfulness of the staff (or of any Greek staff anyway).
Everything has already been done and said about it.

No, my comment is more about the humanity, generosity and responsiveness of the guys there.
We arrived on Tuesday May 7th completely out of the blue, having booked three bedrooms for our family a couple of hours before for we had to flee from a house we had rent from a crook in Oia. There was no water due to shortages in the supply from the city because of works on the network. The landlord had been aware of it for days but kept on renting his house at full price.
In addition to that, we had ended with all our pieces of luggage in our car which would not start because of a battery failure.
I will not forget how they welcomed us. We were upgraded with my wife in a superior bedroom because we have a baby, and the baby cot was set with fresh roses in it.
But more was to come at the end of the day. Our baby fell on the floor from our bed. We were scared to death. I will never forget how the the people at the front desk spared neither time nor energy to find a pediatrician in the evening. How they tried to calm me down, offering me a glass of water. How one of them brought us to the pediatrician, translating what we were saying and comforting us. The days after,they went on inquiring after the baby.
So, thank you very much Anna, Padelis and Yannis (and everybody else...) for everything.

I definitely recommend this hotel. And, by the way, Fira is the real place for sunsets in Santorini! Not Oia.....

P.s: Yannis, I am not a member of the Elliniki Astynomia!!!!
:))

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank LeProfesseurX
Reviewed May 10, 2019

My wife and I were here for 5 nights in April as part of a Costco vacation trip. We werte in Room 31. Very nice boutique hotel, great location, pool, and amenities. And staff! Greta our maid was very helpful.

One issue, in our room, when you took a bath, and let the water out of the tub, it drained right back up onto the bathroom floor through the other drain in the bathroom, was quite odd. We asked about it and were told that this happens all the time in Fira. So we had to place extra towels all over the floor and cover the drain each time my wife took a bath and let the water out. Also the seal on the tub glass was pretty sad so when I took a shower, the water also spilled out over the floor, so more towels were always asked for, and that's where Greta was such a great help.

When you check into your room, make sure to get a lesson on the AC controller, took me three days the get it right and cool the room properly.

Great room, great bed, tiny bathroom though as expected. View was of the interior courtyard near the pool.

As fo the staff, I mentioned Greta twice, now for our favorite two ladies in the restaurant, Clementine, (brand new) and Erika, both of you are the best! Hara, on the front desk was an amazing help as well, very calm and great to work with. Dinos at the bar made a great Bloody Mary, handmade mix!

Pool was great.

We loved this hotel

Room tip: Room 31 was an excellent room on the first floor, they said it was an upgraded room. great bed, small bathroom as expected.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank BROWNEES4585
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Their staff went out of their way to help us with whatever we needed. My wife was sick and some nights we had meals in the room. They made sure the meal was hot and on time. All shopping starts at this hotel.

Reviewed May 5, 2019 via mobile

Aressana did not quite pull off the luxury it strives for in its branding. We were supposed to get picked up from the airport by a driver with a sign... who was 20 minutes late and we still got charged the full 30 euros. When we got to the hotel, the lobby was full of flies that never seemed to leave the whole time we stayed. It was gross and gave an immediate negative impression even though the lobby was nice otherwise. The housekeeping staff was also not very hospitable when we asked for a few extra things, so I felt uncomfortable every time we interacted with them.

That said, the breakfast spread is fantastic (especially the Greek French toast!) and the room itself was fine: clean and a good size, although pretty cold and not well insulated from outside sounds. I got woken up every morning by rolling suitcases going past our room and people talking.

The pool facilities are fine but the weather was a bit too cold to enjoy it.

On the whole, it was fine but not spectacular and definitely not worth the amount we paid.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank trepidtraveler123
Reviewed April 29, 2019

I took my Mum and my daughter for a 5 night stay at the beginning of April and we could not have been more delighted. The hotel is spotlessly clean and newly decorated everywhere. It is elegant and full of lovely touches and fabulous art. Our room was beautiful and had amazing sun loungers in a delightful courtyard just outside that was a real sun trap. The hotel is in a fantastic location being right on top of everything but also felt quiet and secluded. The staff could not do enough for us and were so attentive. One small issue that we highlighted was immediately rectified and also Anna went out of her way to ensure that this did not spoil our stay even arranging mini facials for my Mum and daughter on our last day when the weather was meant to be raining. I cannot recommend this place highly enough it was a delight to stay here and we will definitely return. Service such as this is such a special quality - thank you!

• Trip type: Traveled with family