“Fantastic hotel, truly amazing stay and really nice staff!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Panorama Boutique Hotel

Panorama Boutique Hotel
Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Fira
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel, truly amazing stay and really nice staff!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Stayed at the Panorama Boutique hotel in April 2012 and I must say it exceeded by far all my expectations. Everything in the hotel is brand new and spotless clean, the rooms are amazing, really nice designer decoration, all with spectacular views of the volcano and the sea. In addition to the bathroom with shower, there was jacuzzi in the room as well, which was like heaven. The staff were all really nice, helpful and friendly, they would do anything that they can to help. I must say I have been many years travelling all around Greece and my experience at this hotel has probably been the best I have ever had in Greece. The hotel is a boutique hotel and it definitely is the perfect choice for couples on a romantic break or small groups of friends looking forward to treat themselves and enjoy the best of Santorini. Breakfast is cooked to order, there is also free wi-fi available. The location is also ideal, right in the center and accessible from the main street without having to climb down the cliff at all. Definitely would recommend it and I also would like thank to all the staff for having been so nice to us, we loved it all!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jose_LM_London
LoucasV, Manager at Panorama Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your very positive review of our property. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at our hotel and we are delighted you had such a good experience during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Once again me and my staff would like to thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at Panorama Boutique Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

first off thankyou to the staff we spent our anniversary there in november upon arrival we decided to upggrade to a suite with the most amazing view (well worth the price) and an open plan bedroom with jacuzzi !! we where extremely pleased to find out that the hotel had just re opened after over a year refurbishing and the rooms are truly amazing. the location is perfect close to all conveniances. any previouse reviews may not be the most reliable as we had no bad points at all ! panorama hotel was a highlight of our holliday thankyou and hope to visit again in the near future !

Room Tip: all the suites are amazing upgrade like us its a little extra but as you will feel like anew person...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gabrielle m
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

The Panorama Hotel is newly renovated and I would certainly recommend it. The rooms (and bathrooms) were neat and clean with a small balcony and the most incredible view. I read of the noise in other reviews and although this may be the case, I did not find it too intrusive nor too loud. I am not sure you will find it much different elsewhere in Fira with such a great location. Breakfast was very good (excellent tea and coffee made by an experienced barista) and the front desk was super helpful. I found the service to be impeccable and everyone was welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Traveller A
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

I stayed at the Panorama Hotel (not the Panorama Suites, they are connected but not the same accommodations) for 3 nights. The view from my room overlooking the caldera was spectacular. The gals who worked the front desk were terrific. I was able to have laundry done there which really came in handy. Free internet in the lobby, which was great. It's a short walk (maybe 5 minutes) to the bus station (which is an easy way to get to Oia and the beaches). There's a nice pool (it's down by the Panorama Suites - quite a trek up and down the stairs - I only did it once). I got pretty sick of the music pumping from above at a restaurant but from what I've read of other reviews, it's tough to find a quiet spot in Fira on the caldera and once you shut the doors to your balcony it's pretty quiet. My bathroom was really the only real negative. It was just so incredibly tiny. There was a strange smell. And the last thing I wanted to do was shower...not a fun feeling. My transfer from the airport never arrived which was frustrating at the time but I ended up taking a taxi and it wasn't a terribly big deal. Overall, the pros way outweighed the cons. It was a fairly good value considering it's location and view.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2008

I stayed here with a girlfriend in August of 2006. We stayed for 2 nights. When we arrived at the hotel the lady at reception didn't have our booking.. This would have been as it was a last minute booking, so understandable. But she wasn't very nice or friendly at all - not then, and not once during our stay.

After about an hour it was sorted out, and we were able to go to our room. The room itself was disappointing, it was clean but everything looked extremely old. The bathroom was so horrible I had to wear my thongs to shower. But the view is absolutely breathtaking!!! It offers and amazing view of Santorini, and watching the sunset from the balcony was really special too.

The location is fantastic too!!! It's right in Fira Town so all the good restaurants and clubs are only a few minutes walk away.

So the service was pretty poor (except the man who carried our bags when we arrived and left), and the rooms weren't very nice, but the view was simply amazing. Great place to stay if you want to wake up to a great view, but if you care about your creature comforts this probably isn't the place to stay!

• Liked — The view was breathtaking
  • Disliked — The ugly rooms, and lady at reception
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank candles83
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2006

Although I believe I didn't find this hotel quite as bad as the previous reviewer it did have some faults. The booking we had made through an agent at another hotel somehow got mixed up and this was the only hotel that was still available in our price range. It was 130 euros a night.

The room is quite small, the shower nozzle is off the wall, there are stains in the bathtub, the balcony is very small, the wind howls through the door at night and the mini fridge made way too much noise. (we unplugged it) You will see from the photos how far the pool is from the hotel. But Fira is all about walking up hills.

On the positive side, the view is fantastic and the breakfast was quite good.

It is possible to get better accommodation in Fira for this price, but you need to book a few weeks ahead to get the good ones. But having said the above the location is great and providing you don't want to sit around in your hotel room all day, it's okay.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Athens, Greece
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2006

This hotel really spoiled our vacation. For 130 Euros a night, we could have stayed in any one of a multitude of great hotels. The rooms were small and the bathroom was shabby.
Plus, it was so small that it was difficult for even one person to fit. We had two rooms and both bathroom doors did not even remotely close so we had to take our suitcase with us into the bathroom in order to close the door! The toilet did not flush, which was really the last straw. The view was great but the balcony was so small, it was difficult for two people to sit on it. When we complained to the owner who never even showed up although we had repeatedly asked for him, he was extremely rude We wanted to stay in our favorite hotel in Fira, Villa Renos, but it was booked. Next time we'll wait.

9 Thank kscmiami