“Fair not the greatest”

El Greco
Ranked #22 of 79 Hotels in Fira
“Fair not the greatest”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed there for 3 days . Hotel was part of my package.first night came late and felt like they put us in a broom closet. Breakfast fair pools where fine and no problem finding chairs.after initial complaint we more moved to a better room.Internet didn't work well.Location was fine .The island is one of theist beautiful places in the world.If I knew about the island would of spent more on a much more upscale hotel .Did the walk from fira to oia it's long and parts are scary and unsafe.A lot more stressful than we heard it was but made it in 4 hrs with lunch and stops along the way

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Shewcorp

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This resort was great . I prefer to stay here and not leave the resorts. Pools number one , dinner buffet was ok needed improvement. Breakfast was the best , huge choices staff were prompt in assistance stayed for one week, I would definitely come here again . Rooms were very comfortable and spacious .

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel Freak T
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for 1 week at the start of July 2013 half board. The location of the hotel is perfect, 5min stroll into Fira which is probably one of the best resorts on the island. Upon arrival we were given the keys to our room which was a first floor room with a lovely curved ceiling and a shared balcony. The finish and decor of the room was ok, nothing to shout about and probably doesn't meet the same flash standard of the communal areas of the hotel but it was spotless and cleaned very well and regularly. Breakfast is a buffet and served at 2 restaurants. We found the bottom one to be the best. Food was good and to a high standard at breakfast and also evening meal. Plenty to chose from for starters and main courses but the desert table was pretty poor. Only had very sweet Greek cakes which were all drowned in some sort of syrup...probably a Greek tradition. Drinks at the bar were expensive but this is the norm in most of the hotels we have stayed in. They don't have an issue with you filling your fridge with drinks from the local supermarket. Facilities at the hotel were good. I used the gym twice which whilst there wasn't loads of equipment, it was all of a high new standard. The spa building was fabulous and very well kitted out. The pools were all good, clean and well maintained. They seemed to lack when it comes to number of sun beds so get up early!! There is no shop on site but the supermarket is only a 2 minute walk so no real issue here. This is a good hotel but our only gripe was the real lack of personality of the place, the staff didn't really seem to want to know and came across as a little frosty at times. Other than this we would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Consider room upgrade if you want something special.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here in July/Aug 2012.

Rooms: Excellent. We ended up with the 2 story room where there was one bed on the upper level. Yes some ants entered the room if you left food or crumbs around but not a big issue. The rooms were very clean and VERY spacious! I think our room was 308 which was to the right of the hotel when you first enter the main lobby and near the closest pool to the lobby. No WIFI signals in the room but that's ok, a short walk to the lobby and they had wifi. Our kids slept on the lower level and my wife and I slept on the upper level. The bathroom was also very clean. Room came with a little kitchenette area and a small bar fridge. Enough for us to store our items in.

The pools:
Several pools and one was right in front of our room. A short walk down the steps and the pool is there. If you don't wake up early, all the spots on the pool are gone. But, that's ok, there are several pool in the resort that you can use--and during the way you are normally at the beach anyhow (if you are like me). Pools were very clean, big. The kids loved them.

Parking:
Lots of parking for our rental car. Loved that!

Location:
Supermarket a short walk or ride north of the hotel. Excellent location to Fira. Loved it. You can get a view of the caldera from the room if you are facing the right direction. Who needs a cave when you have this hotel!

The only dissappointment is that we didn't stay here longer!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thanks to Elena..she was a great help throughout our entire stay and was VERY friendly!!!!!!!!! I hope she still works there when we decide to go back!!

Room service:
We requested room service one night, came with no problems--on time. Was excellent. The food was great.

Breakfast at the hotel is the usual european one. It's ok.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank generalinq
Carluke
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I really cannot say enough about this beautiful hotel on this stunning island. When we arrived we found the reception staff to be really friendly and helpful, check in was quick and easy and I was really impressed with the golf cart which gave us a lift with our luggage to our room. We were in a big group over for a wedding and despite booking separately, all our rooms were round the same pool. I think there are 4 pools and 3 jacuzzi's in total as well as a spa. Our room was on the ground floor and had a lovely little terrace looking onto the pool. The rooms were pretty spacious and the have an impressive bathroom. I was also pleased to find the safe was free as was the wifi. It was a bit unreliable in the room but worked fine at the pool or in the communal areas like the bar and reception. I also think its great that pool towels are provided each day free of charge and are collected directly from the beds when the pool closes. I loved the fact at night when returning to the hotel we would find most guests enjoying a quiet drink on their terrace or balcony. The breakfast was included in the booking price and the selection was decent but it was the same every day which became a bit of a chore towards the end of the week. The food in the hotel restaurants was of good quality and I think very reasonable. Same with the beer which I was surprised to find was 4 euro. I was paying more in a pretty awful hotel in Majorca recently. The bar and waiting staff were equally friendly and we got to know them pretty well. All in all I loved Santorini and Thira in particular. I will defo be back to this hotel and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the standard rooms which were excellent but they also do suites which share their own p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KevR67
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have just stayed here - June 2013- it's a nice hotel has quite a big complex but I have to say the rooms are the smallest we have ever stated in and we travel a lot, breakfast is by Buffett , drinks and meals at the hotel bar are pricey, they have no shop or supermarket so a trip into Firs for supplies is a must , you have a fridge , maid service is brill fresh towels daily , safe is free , TV is typically limited we had the room nearest to the bar and we worried we may not sleep but it was ok and quiet enough ,

Room Tip: Go for the new rooms in the newly built section
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. Upon arrival hotel looks beautiful many pools to choose from. I check in and find a beer bottle in the freezer which has exploded this was missed by the housekeeper. We also didn't have any towels in our room and bubble wrap was left in the drawers from previous guests. Wifi was iffy and did not work all the time. hotel did not meet my expectations which may have been high due to my great experiences with other hotels in Greece. Staff was not sympathetic when these problems were mentioned.asked for the beer bottle to be removed the following day. It was removed but the liquid which had frozen was not cleaned out of the freezer.a lot of room for improvement.one more thing I don't understand the bathroom shower does not have a curtain or door which causes the water to pile up on the floor. Also there was a white ladder in the bathroom... not sure if it was for show or not..

• Stayed July 2013