“The BEST lunch in my 2 weeks in Greece”
Review of Assyrtico

Assyrtico
Ranked #47 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: ASSYRTICO Wine Restaurant cafe, since 2011, offers alternative and innovative suggestions of the Greek Cuisine, using mainly local and selected products from around Greece. The same philosophy inspired the restaurant's wine list. A wide variety of wines from Santorini and the rest of Greece can be explored with the help of the professional staff of the restaurant! In 2016 Assyrtico relocated and moved from the 1st floor to the Garden of the'60s mansion it was based.
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We only visited Fira for one day during our 4 nights in Santorini, but oh boy, was I pleased to find this restaurant !!!

Truly fantastic.

The waiter was awesome, friendly and welcoming. We sat on the open terrace / balcony with views out over the sea, and it was in the shade which was fantastic because it was a HOT day.

The food was just wonderful. We had a selection of meze starters only - mackeral with ouzu, bean dip with homemade bread, and meatballs. The presentation was equivalent to what I would expect from a 5* London hotel, and the final bill didn't make me fall off my chair either as it was worth every euro / cent.

We asked our waiter to recommend a dry white wine, and he recommended a wine that was just spot on.

Definately seek this place out - I am just sorry that I was not able to come here for a dinner, as I think it would have been out of this world.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

The restaurant is perfectly located close to the Greek Orthodox Church with spectacular views of the Caldera. My husband and I visited this restaurant at lunchtime and chose to eat from the special meze lunch menu. We enjoyed a complimentary amuse bouche, a greek-style bruschetta, meatballs with aniseed tomato sauce and tzatziki pannacotta, and mussels cooked in retsina wine which included two shots of mint-infused ouzo. All dishes were outstanding and at 30 euros (including homemade bread and two large bottles of water) it was extremely good value for money given the superb quality of the food and service. This is a must-visit restaurant when in Fira.

3  Thank ALangton
Reviewed June 11, 2011

You can easily miss the entrance to this restaurant, which is on your right as you walk up the main street of Fira in the direction of the cable car, and that would be a shame as you'd miss out on a fine dining experience and a superb panoramic view. Prices are high end. We had a squid starter portion, a Santorini style Risotto, shared a Panna Cotta dessert and with a bottle of San Pellegrino mineral water, a Greek coffee and a Dry Dirty Martini the bill came to €58.00 The dishes are beautifully presented and provide multi layer taste sensations. The staff are well informed when presenting the dishes and go out of their way to please. If there was a minor criticism it is that the chef is almost trying too hard to impress with layers of flavours and components for each dish which has the effect of slightly overwhelming the palate. Take away two components from each dish and it would be perfect. But don't let that put you off. If it's a special occasion, treat yourself, take in the view, let the credit card worry about the cost and take your time to enjoy every minute of your eating experience.
www.asirtico.com

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Just had lunch with my fiance. Had a spectacular lunch for 100 euro with great appetizer and meal and divine dessert. Only one month old but should become staple quickly.

We are very choosy and were blown away. Worth your money, just be nice and enjoy.

Great service and owners. Will be back one day!

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Great service and owners. Will be back one day!