“Our favourite part of Santorini”
Review of Villa Murano

Villa Murano
Ranked #67 of 75 Specialty Lodging in Fira
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Our favourite part of Santorini”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Before arriving at Santorini I was nervous about what we were booking as we went based on TripAdvisor reviews, I couldn't have been more wrong about the place. The reviews actually didn't do the place justice. The hotel is so clean and spacious, with spectacular views of the sea which we could see from our bedroom. We could watch the sunrise in the morning, and thanks to Katarina's superb recommendations, we always experience and amazing sunset. Words cannot describe the love and care that Katarina and Thannasis showed us during our stay - they made our holiday amazing. Highly recommend Villa Murano and the wonderful people who run it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Toronto
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here in July for a week. I was originally supposed to only stay 3 nights, but ended up staying 6 because the island was so beautiful. The rooms are well maintained, clean and spacious. You're only about a 10 minute walk away from the centre of the town, and they even have parking if you decide to rent a vehicle (a rare find). Most people look forward to the Santorini sunsets, but you can see those everyday simply by walking into town. This hotel faces the east, and you get the most stunning sunrises. But the real charm of this place is Katerryna, the owner. She saw that I was travelling alone and sat me down and showed me the best places to go for sight seeing, food and of course the sunsets. She was the most helpful and welcoming host I have EVER had. I will definitely be back to Santorini, and I will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
milano, Italia
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I've been here for 6 nights and everything has been perfect!we were six people and our room was quite big,so no problem of space! The hotel is located not too far from the center, 3 minutes by car!
Katerina and her husband helped us giving advices about best places to visit!!!!
If I have to come in Santorini again,I'll surely stay in Villa Murano!!!!!
Barbara, Italy

• Stayed August 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Our family of 6 people vacationing on the Island of Santorini were unforgettable, thanks to the owner's with their friendliness, smile and a helping hand when needed. They came to pick us up from the port, they made us feel at home and with breakfast every morning from the wonderful host it was a pleasure staying with them. Clean comfortable and not far from the center of Thira.

Room Tip: Rooms at poo level are great
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great experience, the stay was real nice so the staff, I found my self very happy with all installations and definitely even happier with it's personel. Very clean, affordable, great location, transportation, waking distance to downtown where bars, stores, restaurants etc. Personel always there for everything, very servicial, advising oh well I'll never finish describing all the amazing stuff that this place offers... all I can say is THANKS to Everybody at this place!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Villa Murano is great affordable accommodation close the Fira main square. Katerina is a wonderful hostess welcoming on arrival and is only to happy to advise on best places for day trips and amazing sunset locations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Villa Murano is a very affordable place to stay at in Fira. We walked about 5 mins to the center of Fira. There is also the possibility of renting scooters or quads for an affordable price. The rooms were very clean and the owner, Katarina, was very friendly and sweet. We also had free internet access as well as a little swimming pool. Breakfast was ok but I am more of a buffet person so it wasnt enough fir me. Overall it was worth staying here and recommend it to anyone who is staying in Fira.

• Stayed July 2012