“The best 5 hours you"ll ever spend on vacation”

Santorini Photo Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 40 Tours in Fira
More attraction details
Owner description: "Santorini is my home. It's one of the few places in the world that can still take your breath away. What's even more amazing are all the fantastic hidden spots that most tourists never see. If you come to Santorini you can join me on one of my fun and relaxed photography and sightseeing tours. Day tours start from 4 hours and up. (Check my website for more details). I'd love to show you around." - Olaf Reinen, tour director.
Finksburg, Maryland
175 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“The best 5 hours you"ll ever spend on vacation”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We did the 5 hour photography tour of Santorini with Olaf. This was a great experience. Olaf really knows the best photo spots but he makes the tour a very enjoyable learning experience. No matter what level photographer you are he shows you ways to take better pictures. This was well worth while. A must if you want to go home with a great photo album of your trip.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank loudini56

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
York, PA
164 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 275 helpful votes
“Best 5 hours of our vacation!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Phenomenal 5 hours spent with Olaf as he took us to Oia and Fira for fabulous "once in a lifetime" photo shots of exquisite Santorini. Olaf is talented, intelligent and an outstanding teacher. He not only helped me learn the specific technical aspects of my Nikon 5100 (constant use of the histogram feature for example), but also how to add artistic and creative dimensions to my photography. The use of the "pedazoom" and Olaf's "3 C's" will be part of my photography toolbox forever now, thanks to Olaf! He is a non-stop library of information and gently helped me see what I could improve and stretch my photographic skill set.
Absolutely worth every single euro spent! Would schedule another multi-hour session with Olaf when we return to Santorini!

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Valerie S
Los Angeles, California, USA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Mediterranean cruise!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I decided to splurge on a 6-hour tour with Olaf, and at some point during the day, he turned to me and said, "This is GREAT!" Another tourist actually asked why we were so happy because we were obviously having a blast. (She also advised us to follow around photographers from the many weddings around Santorini in order to get the best pictures, but there was no need for all that because we were with Olaf!) I can't imagine a better way to spend a day in Santorini than with a gracious, hilarious host who knows history and local culture, can drive around the island confidently (unlike many tourists we saw - yikes!), and best of all, is a talented photographer who was able to coach my amateur (hobby) photographer hubby on ways to refine his skills with our Canon 5D Mark II. Our pics are amazing, and he also took some great photos of us, which are so much better than the ones we get handing the camera to random strangers. We managed to see Fira, Oia, the Caldera Beach, the Red Beach, and Akrotiri, ate the best gelato I had the whole week in Greece or Italy (Olaf, you were not exaggerating on that one!), and also had 2 relaxing stops at local cafes with great food and time to just enjoy the scenery. I am so happy we booked with Olaf - he was worth every penny!

Visited May 2014
7 Thank Goldeneyez
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“AMAZING!!! ”
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this tour!! I am a beginner and literally just bought my Nikon 3200 for this trip and I'm so happy I did. Olaf was very helpful, informative and knowledgable about the craft of photography! I recommend you take the tour one of your first days on the island bc he shows you around and explains the island in detail and also gave me a bunch of restaurant recommendations. Olaf is extremely nice and helpful for anything you may need during the tour. My pictures came out beautiful and now I will have those memories to last forever!! Do not let the cost discourage you it's worth every penny to capture Santorini in your photos!!

3 Thank sbigley14
Baltimore, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Incredible Day!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Olaf has a wonderful personality and you will enjoy spending time with him. He is from New Zealand and hence his English is perfect. My husband and 16 year old daughter use their iPhone cameras regularly but we are not traditional photographers. It did not matter as Olaf gave us our first photography lesson and it could not be in a more beautiful setting that Santorini. Whether you use Olaf or not, you would highly benefit from a private tour as the most picturesque roads are too small for a tour bus. We first stopped on the country walking path between Fira and Oia. There we spent time on our photography lesson. Then off to Oia where Olaf does not waste time taking you to the best views, and oh what gorgeous views! We are foodies and Olaf modified his day to add edible delights to include gelato and greek candies. Next we went to the bottom of the Volcanic Island where a slew of restaurants lie on the edge between water and rock. We drove to the complete opposite side of the island where you can see the Cyclades and wildflowers dot the landscape. Olaf ended our day at two different wineries. One the local wine press where locals bring their grapes to be pressed and then a private winery/food market where the owner gave Giada a cooking lesson. The food was delicious and beautifully presented! Great day. The only small point I would make is that it's not that easy to find Olaf in the morning. He was five minutes late and I was concerned as I thought I could be in the wrong location. If you could convince Olaf to meet you right when you exit the ship, I think your morning would begin better. Thanks Olaf!

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Queenbee925
SantoriniPhotoTours, Owner at Santorini Photo Day Tours, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thanks for your review and your feedback. I agree, the meeting point we had arranged has become very busy and hard for both you and I to access, so I have changed it for future bookings to make it easier to meet up. Glad you enjoyed the day!

Been to Santorini Photo Day Tours? Share your experiences!