“Fantastic Photo Tour - Fantastic Bloke”

Santorini Photo Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 42 Tours in Fira
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: "Santorini is my home. It's one of the few places in the world that can still take your breath away. What's even more amazing are all the fantastic hidden spots that most tourists never see. If you come to Santorini you can join me on one of my fun and relaxed photography and sightseeing tours. Day tours start from 4 hours and up. (Check my website for more details). I'd love to show you around." - Olaf Reinen, tour director.
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Firstly Sorry for the delay in reviewing!! Had a tour booked with Olaf for when our cruise ship arrived med afternoon on a hot day in Santorini. After a quick walk to the bus station Olaf spotted us waiting - as he said "No trouble finding 2 lost looking Kiwi girls". From the moment we got into his air conditioned car we had fun - after 3.5 weeks in Europe it was great to have someone 'get' our sense of humour! Olaf filled our 4 hour tour (which actually lasted 5) with great knowledge of the island - we saw so many parts we otherwise wouldn't have and taught me heaps about my camera and the art of taking a great photo instead of a good photo. Before taking us back to catch the cable car we had a wine and cheese platter with the perfect view of the Sunset and got some amazing shots!
Would highly recommend anyone thinking of taking a tour with Olaf to go for it!!!

2  Thank Sauvgirl
"picturesque places"
"photo experience"
"local tour"

Reviewed December 4, 2012

It takes a certain kind of person to collect two strangers in their car and then proceed to entertain and educate them for the best part of a day. We learned so much from Olaf in terms of photography - things which to a pro are common knowledge but to the keen amateur a mystery (such as histograms). Olaf has an easy going manner and is great, entertaining company. Apart from gently teaching you about camera angles, making best use of your camera, and thinking about the photo that you're taking, he is a great guide to the island. It is wise to do this trip early in the holiday, as you get a real feel for the wonderful place that Santorini is. This gives you chance to explore areas again later in the week. He'll also give you the local knowledge of the best places to eat and without exception, all his food recommendations were perfect. Highly recommended.

1  Thank RichWManchester
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is more than just a photo tour. Olaf is a patient and excellent teacher and the photo tips are great , but this is also a wonderful tour of of the island . Olaf is interesting and entertaining company and happy to share his local knowledge as well as his photographic knowledge. All of his recommendations of where to eat /visit/take photos were spot on. Book on this tour early on in your stay and you will not regret it. Really execllent .

2  Thank Mary67
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Olaf is a great teacher whether you are a pro or an amateur. I have used Olaf two times with different friends of varying skills, and we all have loved it, learned much (even about histograms), and located the places and views you just can't find by yourself. This tour is highly recommended.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I enjoy travel and photgraphing the places we've visited. Our tour with Olaf was one of the most enjoyable experiences we have had in all our travels. Olaf is an excellent photography instructor. He is extremely knowledgeable with an easy manner of sharing that knowledge in an enjoyable as well as informative way. His instruction improved my phtography skills and contributed to much better pictures of the remainder of our cruise. Olaf is also a very knowledgeable guide to Santorini. When we met, he asked what I expected to get out of the tour. I told him we wanted to see the most picturesque sites on Santorini and help in taking the best pictures possible of those sites. He delivered both along with an excellent and enjoyable history and other information as we traveled from one end to the other of the island.
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Santorini.

4  Thank Ernie B