“The most wonderful hotel we have ever stayed in” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Petit Palace Suites Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Petit Palace Suites Hotel
Ranked #6 of 80 Hotels in Fira
Pevensey, United Kingdom
“The most wonderful hotel we have ever stayed in”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I chose this hotel online from many others in Fira because I loved the way it looked. I was totally unprepared for the reality. We arrived late on a Sunday afternoon after a long and tedious trip of a 70 minute taxi trip in pouring rain, horrendous queues at the Gatwick airport, then we could not find anyone holding a sign for our hotel at Santorini Airport. I was just about to burst in to tears when I decided to ask a lady holding up a sign totally unrelated to us. As luck would have it (or bad advertising on her part) she was the person we were looking for but apparantly was not holding the correct sign....not a good start I thought. We were shown to a small coach and a very nice driver helped us aboard. After about 10 minutes we reached our destination and the driver took our bags out and we stood looking at the gorgeous white stone entrance but could not see anything else. Just the entrance archway! Oh my God where is the hotel? we stepped through it and were absolutely overwhelmed and delighted to see the steps leading down to the most stunning place I had ever seen. The whole hotel was built in to the side of the mountain and gsteps led down to the first level where we were greeted by Panos and Marianne who had been waiting for us. They took our bags and had them taken to our suite and showed us to the stunning outdoor lounge area with is very welcoming lounges, floor cushions and tables beneath large sail type canopies. I was utterly mesmerised by the view from the balcony. I have never seen anything so beautiful. Cold drinks were bought out for us and Panos explained various aspects of not only the hotel itself but the surrounding Islands. He suggested we just relax for the remainder off the day and said dinner and wine tasting had been arranged for us outside by the pool. Our suite was gorgeous, with its king sized bed and everything we needed. The bathroom had a huge spar bath. The balcony had the same stunning view as the lounge area and had its own table, chairs and umbrella.
Dinner was at 8.30pm and we were shown to a table for 2 by the pool and overlooking the beautiful Caldera. Kiriakos was looking after us that evening and went to so much trouble explaining not only the types of wines he bought out but also their background and how and where the grapes were grown and how the wine industry had begun in Santorini. He was a fountain of knowledge. Thank you Kiriakos. He looked after us every morning for breakfast and always with a terrific smile and happy nature. This was most appreciated when I had imbibed too much wine the previus evening! Babis, the chef, made himself known which is, in itself, very unusual. He recommended various 'culinary delights' and went to great oains to make sure we enjoyed the food. Which we certainly did. Thanks Babis........Kostadena looked after us most evenings at dinner and she to, explained the various dishes and what went best with what!! she also taught me some Greek words which were very helpful. Vessy, the young lady who spotlessly cleaned our suite every day was a delight and even though I kept disturbing her work with endless questions she was bright and bubbly and also very helpful. Not forgetting Nikki who took over the reception area for the evening and never failed to come to our table at dinner to enquire how our day had been and what we had done. What a joy!!
Arriving back to our suite late each afternoon, hot and tired, it was brilliant to walk in to find our air-conditioning had been turned on and the room was blissfully cool. After dinner each evening it woud be the same plus there woud be a card on the bed informing us of the following days weather!! how good is that?
So, in summary I have to say that apart from the hotel being gorgeous, the view spectacular, the staff were simply wonderful and treated us uniquely. We received individual attention and nothing was left to chance, and of course all done with genuine care. It is without doubt the best holiday we have ever had and we will definately be returning. If you have not, like us, ever been to Santorini, then do go, and defnately book yourself in to this unique boutique hotel and I guarantee you will not regret a single second.

Happy holidays,

Sue & David Key
Sydney, Australia

Room Tip: We as a couple had a lovely suite with king bed, chairs and table, and bathroom with spa. It was gor...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank donkey59

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Marina del Rey, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

We Spent 4 nights in Santorini and 3 of them we stayed at Petit Palace Suite. The extra day we stayed at the affiliate hotel, Volcano View.

The hotel has a really breathtaking view of the caldera especially in the afternoon where the sunset was on the water as in the movies.
The Staff was friendly and we didn’t face any significant problem at our staying. I would mention that maybe it’s a bit overvalued but exchanging rates and our experience with other guests in the island, we realized that this is the standard price for all similar hotels in the area. I would like to mention the multi-choice breakfast where you order the previous night and it can be served in your room!!

We regretted we didn’t use the restaurant but we keep it maybe for the next time

Thank you Marian, Kiriakos and the other staff they served us.

Santorini is always an unforgettable experience. Thank you for all.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank thestewster
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Can you say 'romantic'? blissfully warm and bright? breathtakingly beautiful? and deliciously scintillating? That's Petite Palace. All you need is your swim wear, camera and sunny disposition and you are set for a memorable and relaxing time. Their website
http://www.petitpalace.gr/ is exactly what you will get: A perfect hidden gem in the Aegean
Sea. Petite Palace is a rare 'bed and breakfast' hotel with modern amenities mixed with the feel of traditional Greek island living. The food was simply delicious, the service down-right warm, and to top it off, the friendly staff was impeccably professional and very
accommodating. Kudos to Panos, MaryAnne, Efi, Kiriokies and Katarina. Way to go, Team! You were all awesome! Thanks for a great and wonderful time! We'll definitely be back! See you all soon!
Pat and Leslie

Room Tip: The pool is not heated......
3 Thank BooPrincesa
Folsom, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

My breath was taken away when we open the cliffside door to enter the Hotel overlooking the Aegean Sea. The beauty was so dramatice with white and stone hotel perfectly built into the cliffs. I felt as though I was dreaming the view was so majestic. The hotel was everything I had imagined staying and more. To top it off we had the best service everymorning with a delicious breakfast served every morning on our balcony. Nothing can compare to this special place Petit Palace where the service is exceptional. Thank you Panos (the hotel manager), Kiriakis (serving us), and Maryann your hospitality was warm and gracious which made our stay even more than perfect. The accomidations are decorated with style, modern and clean. The Petit is a Jewel found in the lost city....

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marlisaCA
canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

I have stayed in Petit Palace hotel end of june 2011 for one week with my boyfriend. The hotel was open for only one month i think. I have traveled a lot in my life (I'm a travel agent) and let me tell you it is very rare that a hotel exceed my expectation. This hotel was way better than i could possibly imagined .
ROOM
We stayed in the mini-maison with private pool . We were only my boyfriend and i but this room can easily be for 2 couples or a family (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, big space).
2 balcony, one with private pool.
The room and hotel are extra clean and well decorated
VIEW FROM THE ROOM (and from hotel)
The view is probably the best view you can have of the caldera and sunset on the island, why go to expensive restaurant and crowded area and watch it !
Its hard to describe the view. Personnally, i took many many picture to remember it
SERVICE
Excellent ! Very personalized and professional. Special Thanks to Panos and all the staff for giving us helpful tips on restaurants etc. Then can also arrange pretty much anything you want .
BREAKFAST
You can order the night before . They deliver to the room, or you can have it at the restaurant . Very good food (lots of choice) and good service.
LOCATION
Very good location , 5 min by quad (we rented the quad for the week with the hotel).
WEDDING
Perfect location for wedding and honeymoon especially because of the view and because the hotel is so beautiful.
PRICE
I know not everybody has the budget to stay there, but we save big on any other expense because we loved our hotel so much , we stayed there most of our trip.As i said previously , if you want to see the view anywhere else on the island , you will have to spend lots of mony on drinks and food or share some small area with a lot of tourist. Plus , with the helpull tips from staff , we could avoid many tourist trap.

Finally, If you are acutally looking to find a hotel in Santorini , dont hesitate !! Petit Palace is simply the best !I will recommend this hotel for sure to anybody .

Thank you Petit Palace for this unforgettable experience.

2 Thank rinni5151
Sartell, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

This is definitely a "palace"!! The staff is wonderful, food was fabulous and our private pool was so clean and refreshing!!! The best thing about this hotel though is the view of the caldera. The sunsets couldn't be more amazing! If I ever get the chance to go back to Santorini I would definitely go back to Petit Palace!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

It was our first trip to Greece this little hotel was perfect. The staff is fantastic. The accomodations are world class and the views go on forever.

Its the end of day one, we are here for four days and already I want to stay for ever. We will be back for sure.

"You must have dinner on the terrace by the pool and watch the sunset the pasta with salmon in a cream sauce was out standing."

Room Tip: Book via Voayage Prive for the best price