“Great Value!”

Scirocco Apartments
Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Fira
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights before staying in Oia. Have to say the Scirocco was a great place to stay and probably the best value place around town with sunset caldera views from your great private balcony and a decent sized swimming pool.

It is a bit of a trek first up the stairs from the rooms to reception and then again up the cliff steps to the resort of Fira but if you have decent fitness levels you'll be fine if a little breatless at times due to the heat.

Fira itself is vibrant lively place with an abundance of bars and restaurants, a little more to do in the evenings than in Oia yet still very beautiful.

The staff were always very friendly and we really appreciated the free pick up from the airport.

Overall definitely a great choice and I will hopefully return sometime soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 19, 2011

I cannot recommend this lovely picturesque, well located hotel highly enough. Anja is a doll and was wise to ask how 'fit' we were prior to booking- there are a lot of steps. A lot. But it's worth it for the great terraces overlooking the cauldera, the picture perfect little aqua blue swimming pool (that was one of my criteria for choosing), and the reasonable rates for rooms. We had a cave room that slept 2 couples comfortably with a small kitchen and it was pure heaven to sit on the terrace in the evening with wine and take in the magnificent views. A short (but steep) walk up to the main drag and close to the street parking made this a great choice. Wish I could be back there.... :)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Scirocco apartment is great for the value. The view of all the rooms are same if not better than other higher priced hotels in the area. We checked in room 8 and the room was very spacious and clean. The room is right above the pool. The room has a good sized balcony that I can sit there everyday from 9 to noon and read. When it gets hotter in the afternoon, we hung out in the pool. Location is great. A few walking accesses to main town for good food and shopping. Service was also good. Anja of course was helpful and nice. Arturo was also helpful, nice and friendly with us. Overall, we really loved our stay in Scirocco and are already recommending friends to stay at the apartment. If we are going back to Santorini, we will go back to Scirocco apartment.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Rooms were very basic and a little musty/damp. Did feel that they were clean though. Beds were lumpy and rock hard. And as the previous reviewer said, the towels were rough and old/worn. Rooms each had a balcony which was very relaxing. Breakfast was pretty basic - bread, jam, hard boiled egg & coffee. Staff wasn't always present so when I needed a new, clean towel mid-day I had to search around and I found the storage room that had the towels. Also, there was no staff there in the evenings so if we had an emergency (as we did in Mykonos a few days later) there would have been no one available to assist us. Stay was fine & affordable. Might stay there again if on a budget. Also, will note that the hotel was pretty far down the cliff. Many stairs which didn't bother me but my travel partner didn't love it. Hotel did arrange for an airport pickup but insisted that we call her as soon as we landed. Every other visitor had their hotel waiting for them except us so we were the absolute last ones to leave the airport. A little frustrating at the time since we had been traveling for many, many hours. Not sure why she can't check the flight herself, especially when she has 4 guests arriving on the same flight (as we did).

Free wifi outside of rooms was very handy.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is one of the really good hotels in Santorini. We decided on this one after days of extensive research and a great offer from the owner of the hotel. She was nice enough to give us a very good deal on the reservation. We had one of the best views of the Volcano from this hotel and our cave had a nice attached semi-private balcony. The weather was great and Fira is just amazing with a great lighting and entertainment after sunset. The views of the town, the volcano and the sea were simply amazing from the balcony. Fira is one of the most ideal towns to stay in Santorini due to its extensive connectivity to various attractions like Oia, Kamari, Thira, etc. There's a direct bus to the sea port and airport as well. The staff member of the hotel was very kind enough to pick up our bags and carry them all the way from the Fira bus stand to the hotel and back when we checked out. The breakfast was very good and the view from the breakfast table was even better. Only that the bathrooms could've been a bit better! Also, it is impossible to get the Wifi signal from inside the cave. Quite hard to sit in the balcony with bright sunshine and intense heat during the day to access the wifi when you cant really see your screen as well.
Overall, still a great place to stay in Santorini!!

Room Tip: Caves are really good
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karthik24
Reviewed May 20, 2011

These apartments are located in the heart of Fira. The caldera view, especially the sunsets are remarkable.
I had a studio, it was very basic. Had a mini bar fridge, a table with crockery, cutlery and glasses. The towels werent soft and fluffy at all though, plus the bed was rock hard...

This was one of the cheaper accommadation choices I had considering I wanted both caldera views as well as being close to downtown.

Staff were very friendly, helped me as much as they could.

I would recommend this place only if you are on a budget and if u want caldera views...

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I really enjoyed this hotel. The layout was fun and it was located directly on the caldera just down the path from the main square. It was a little difficult to find the first time, but that was part of the fun. The rooms were basic, very traditional. They were clean and had all the necessary amenities. The shower had the best temp control and pressure in all of my time in Greece. The staff were good, however, when I paid they did not have enough cash to give me change. Sure this was only 4 euros, but I still thought it was inappropriate they not at least try to give me my money, even on the next day.

I did not need help carrying my bags and I knew the man that asked was probably hoping for a tip, but I just didn't need his help.

The pool was small but refreshing. A great view, great location, very clean - it was all we needed. Our room was huge with a foyer, bathroom, kitchen (missing cooking elements however), giant bedroom with four beds and a private massive balcony. It was too big for us but all they had left when we booked so we were glad to take it. You could have slept 20 people in this room, it was huge.

Would I stay there again? Maybe, but I like trying new things so this is the only reason I wouldn't. It was a bit pricey but that was the going rate for hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple