“A fabulous discovery of Santorini wines” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Santorini Wine Roads Tour with Wine Tastings
Ranked #3 of 10 Food & Drink in Fira
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit traditional wineries,and try wines made from indigenous grape varieties of Santorini. Enjoy a unique experience with our expertise Sommelier Vaio who greatly enjoys conducting wine education presentations, sharing his passion for wine with all levels of wine consumers from the novice to the most discerning wine connoisseur and traveler.Enjoy private or semi-private Food & Wine Tours, hands-on Cooking Classes, exclusive dinners and scenic island tours with us.
Aberdeen, Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“A fabulous discovery of Santorini wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We spent around 5 hours being educated by Vaios with his exceptional knowledge of the Santorini wine making business. His knowledge of the subject and his passion for the Santorini grape varieties introduced many new dimensions into our experience of wine tasting. His personality added another dimension - fun -and I'm so glad we took advice to have a hearty breakfast before setting off on the tour. We took advantage of the very favourable prices of the wine we tasted and bought many bottles between our party of four to further 'sample' on our balcony whilst enjoying the beautiful sunset in Oia. Thank you Vaios for a truly unique trip and sharing your knowledge and passion with us.

• Greek first
Leeds, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Gorgeous views - wine not so gorgeous!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

The best part of this visit was the stunning location. The tour itself was brief and I was disappointed that the winery was not in operation. Nor did we get to see the vineyards. There were 3 samples of wine included in the price, but I didn't enjoy any of them. The rose wine tasted liked sherry.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Favorite Part of the Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was definitely one of my favorite parts of my visit to Santorini. Its and excellent way to learn something new, taste great wines, and see parts of the island that you otherwise would not have. Viaos is the best and answered every question I had in detail. I definitely recommend!!

1 Thank Taylor C
Weehawken, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just Book It - AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I went to Santorini on our honeymoon and our wine tour was our favorite thing we did!! Vaios is seriously the BEST - his knowledge about wine is amazing, he is so much fun and he really goes out of his way to make sure you really get your money's worth! Our wine tour ended up being mostly other honeymooners from the United States, so we had a blast with the group we went with. You will visit 3 wineries and taste about 15 different wines/dessert wines (make sure you eat a meal before you go on it). We did the afternoon tour which picked us up at our hotel at about a little after 3pm and we got back to our hotel a little after 8:30pm. The wine tour also gives you the opportunity to see different parts of Santorini that you may not see otherwise, which was really nice. All I can say is book this, because you will not be disappointed!! We already found some of the wine we tasted on our wine tour in our liquor store in NYC!!

New York City, New York
“A SCENIC…. Island Tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

One of the highlights of our cruise! Santorini!!Its the most beautiful island!Even though we had only a morning to spend in Santorini, it was a great tour!Lot’s of fun! The car was great and the driver George was entertaining! The archaeological site of Akrotiri was very interesting but also loved it at the winery Gavalas –I think that’s how you spell it-! Awsome wines!