“Awesome!”
Review of Zafora

Zafora
Ranked #138 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We made a reservation for a table on the top floor (the restaurant has 3 levels) and the view of the sunset was spectacular. The food was great too but worth it just for the view!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We ate here on our final night in Santorini - which is a shame as this was the low point of the week's dining.

We were directed to a table by a waiter yelling at us whilst taking another couple's order and having sat down, it was 15mins before anyone came to take an order. We should have left then.

Four times we were asked to repeat our order, by two different waiters, who were openly discussing and shouting it at each other (presumably to get it right) whilst taking out meals to other diners. We had to ask repeatedly for water and for our beers.

The restaurant was half empty and not busy as we ate relatively early.

Starters arrived at different times, and my main with the second starter. It took even longer to get the bill, which was uncermoniously just clipped to the table whilst he was yelling something at one of his colleagues. We paid the bill and left next to no tip (a couple of euros) - something which we would never normally do. However, the reaction of the waiter was to look at it, inspect it and growl something before walking off.

It wasn't saved by the quality of the food. Dry bread, tasteless sauces and over cooked meat.

Altogether an unpleasant experience and would definitely avoid this place.

1  Thank lac1983
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We were touted from outside restaurant. Ordered meal and half way through starter main course arrived. One of the main courses was barely warm and so was reheated, without an apology from the staff. By the time that arrived back my partner had finished her course. Absolutely no apologies at any time. Food was barely adequate. Could not recommend this based on our experience

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I should have followed the Tripadvisor rating. This restaurant has one of the best locations as far as the views go . The ambiance is good too . What a pity the food is very average The Greek Salad was nice , moussaka average , fish extremely fishy .
Could have been a memorable dinner if the Chef knew what he was doing .

2  Thank NavSatara
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We chose this place for the view and because it was a more reasonably priced restaurant in this location. The view was just beautiful! We ordered a seafood platter for two and bottle of wine. Some breads came out at the beginning with a really nice dip however despite the fact we didn't order this, they charged us for it at the end. I know this is fairly common in many European countries but once a restaurant does this, regardless of how good the experience was, it always brings the restaurant down in my eyes.

The seafood platter was nice but nothing special. There were about 4 different types of fish, a couple of calamari, two shrimp and some salmon. At this sort of establishment I'd expect that they would explain the platter and what fish we were eating, but he just set the plate down and left. It was all nice and we were both very full at the end.

They cleared our plates at the end and then just left us to sit there. After awhile I tried to get a waiters attention to ask him for our bill but he ignored me and continued past our table. This was despite the fact there was no other table in our section. Eventually someone came over and we were able to ask for the bill. It was about 75€ which isn't too bad considering what we got, however if this restaurant is going to compete with all the other places in this location they will have to lift their game in service. I wouldn't go back there again simply because for the cost I'd expect a better level of service. And I really don't like paying for items we didn't order!!!