“Typical and not touristic Greek Taverne” 4 of 5 bubbles

Triana
Ranked #78 of 178 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Typical and not touristic Greek Taverne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

The owner, Mr Aris welcomes you in his tavern located near the main road of Fira. The food is tasty, Greek, cheap. Local people go there and know it. Much better than an expensive and touristy restaurant with view. Don't hesitate, you'll enjoy.

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
UK
“Genuinely Greek!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and i were lost as to where to eat in Fira when we decided to check the Triana taverna. We walked past this place on our first day in the island. This family owned restaurant is highly recommended - just a few yards walk from the town centre, food was decently priced and they served the most delectable and delicious, authentic Greek meals in big servings/portions as well. I was happy with my beef casserole dish and my husband was speechless with his pork souvlaki! Would definitely recommend this place, great service from the owner too!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tats1029
Boston, MA
“Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I had a delicious home cooked meal at this family restaurant. My dinner of grilled filet of chicken with a small salad and handcut French fries was just the simple meal I was looking for. My husband said that the stuffed grape leaves were the best he had eaten in the week we had been in Greece, and he orders them a lot. Aris, the owner, was friendly without being intrusive.
This restaurant is on the main road in Fira on the right going toward Oia, a few blocks up from the bus station. If you on the caldera pedestrian walkway, there is a yogurt shop on the corner of T intersection that leads back to the restaurant on the main road. The prices were fair especially compared to the restaurants at the caldera walkway.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Do not miss having a meal at Triana with the best value best food and the best host Aris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Great value great food great fun host Aris. My daughters came here last year and told me to go there. I was absolutely delighted with everything about the restaurant. The host aris and his niece were great. You must go there. We had five nights in santorini and triana was the most outstanding

• Visited September 2013
“Great real Greek food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was my fifth trip to Greece.I love the gigantic beans.These were the best I have ever had.In fact they were so good we got a second order.Also the tomato balls were the best we had on our two week trip that was all over Greece.This place doesn't look like much but it has very good reasonably priced food.A terrific place to eat.Don't miss eating here !

• Visited August 2013