“Don't bother...!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Just returned from an 11 night stay in Santorini

I ironically we came across Aris on the way to another restaurant.

Firstly the setting was wonderful. But alarm bells should have rang when we and another couple were the only customers at 8 in the evening.

You have the view but the food was bland and expensive. Service was not great. There are by far better restaurants to try. My wife is vegetarian, which is annoying, however I have to say the meal she was provided looked like warmed up left overs.

This could be a wonderful place, but they need to get their act together.

Whilst they do....go somewhere else

1  Thank ManchesterChester
There are newer reviews for Aris Restaurant

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Only had 6 hours in Santorini, but was fortunate to have the Aris restaurant recommended. Just 10 mins walk from the centre and down a 'few' steps. - but what a fantastic view looking over the caldera, drinking a bottle of Santorini wine 'NYKTERI' AND EATING A FABULOUS MEAL.The service was excellent, and the weather beautiful.
Fantastic to watch the cruise liners below.
I would recommend this restaurant to everyone- you will not beat it.
Fantastic place,meal and such great wine -do try it

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Was only in Santorini for two days and this place was the closest to our hotel.

The food was very underwhelming for the price, but I guess you pay for that killer view of the caldera.

We were two people and ordered two entrees and a main.

Being of Greek background we had high expectations but the food itself was just very dull and boring and didn't pack much taste.

I probably wouldn't eat here again.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We net the owner during the day and he told us he had bee there for years and had built the business up from scratch. Later that day we had an evening mean here and the food was delicious. I can recommend this restaurant as a well priced one serving really good food. Well worth a try.

1  Thank SmedleyBean
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Many times I've been to Santorini and also this restaurant never was I treated so poorly like today. As I approach this old server and ask if I can pay with my credit card he responds yes in a very unfriendly manner. I continue to find the right table with the perfect view he comes up to me demanding to know what I wanted to pay with my credit card. A coffee? A drink? He asks sarcastically I in return answer I want to pay for my lunch, astonished by his attitude I say to myself Jesus!!!! Then he challenges me asking is there a problem after which I am now upset and respond...........YES YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, WITH THAT ATTITUDE YOURE NOT GOING TO HAVE CUSTOMERS IN YOUR RESTAURANT UNTIL YOU CHANGE AND FIX YOUR MENTALITY ABOUT THE WAY YOU APPROACH PEOPLE, he then conitnued to say something in greek and as I was wlaking out I saw him gesture with his hands for me to leave. I went straight to the reception og the hotel Aris and made a complaint to the receptionist who was very polite after my disappointing experience. Never will return to this restaurant again.

3  Thank Olimpos21