“lovely family run restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aris Restaurant

Aris Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 178 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“lovely family run restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We net the owner during the day and he told us he had bee there for years and had built the business up from scratch. Later that day we had an evening mean here and the food was delicious. I can recommend this restaurant as a well priced one serving really good food. Well worth a try.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank SmedleyBean

• Greek first
MEXICO CITY
“Bad attitude from server/ Pesimo servicio del camarero”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Many times I've been to Santorini and also this restaurant never was I treated so poorly like today. As I approach this old server and ask if I can pay with my credit card he responds yes in a very unfriendly manner. I continue to find the right table with the perfect view he comes up to me demanding to know what I wanted to pay with my credit card. A coffee? A drink? He asks sarcastically I in return answer I want to pay for my lunch, astonished by his attitude I say to myself Jesus!!!! Then he challenges me asking is there a problem after which I am now upset and respond...........YES YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, WITH THAT ATTITUDE YOURE NOT GOING TO HAVE CUSTOMERS IN YOUR RESTAURANT UNTIL YOU CHANGE AND FIX YOUR MENTALITY ABOUT THE WAY YOU APPROACH PEOPLE, he then conitnued to say something in greek and as I was wlaking out I saw him gesture with his hands for me to leave. I went straight to the reception og the hotel Aris and made a complaint to the receptionist who was very polite after my disappointing experience. Never will return to this restaurant again.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Olimpos21
Paris, France
“Worth the 77 steps; a great meal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We strolled around Fira looking for a good place to have our last meal in Santorini. Unfortunately we had failed to make reservations and the recommended restaurant was full. Upon looking down the mountainside we saw a restaurant with table cloths that looked interesting. Took us a minute to find which stairs to take down, and viewed the menu prior to all journey down closer to the water and Aris restaurant.

Our waiter was quite friendly and I asked the question I frequently do "what's really good on the menu?" I'm always a little surprised when the response is non committal, as was the response I received the previous night. But not at Aris. Our server had strong opinions to try the lamb, the cheese appetizer with a certain salad, the fish of the day; as well as the " I'd try another selection."
The best tip may have been that Santorini doesn't make good red wine (as we had found out the night before), but the white wine is very good.

Fortunately we tried all the recommendations and everything was fantastic and we enjoyed our best meal on Santorini. And after the great meal, the hike back up the 77 steps was needed and required.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tisidor
toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in Santorini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The food was the best out of all the restaurants in GREECE period!!!!!! The food was so fresh the people where so friendly and the service was top notch.Amazing amazing amazing!!!

Visited July 2012
“APPALLING”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Where to start! I do not complain or even write reviews, but it had to be done! First off, the service was TERRIBLE! The waiter (older man) was HORRIBLE! Rude, snidely, just completely incompetent! Snappy remarks were made, huffing and puffing about anything asked! Horrible! Then after not even having a menu for 40 minutes, the food was TERRIBLE! The worst I have ever had, my pasta was so bland it was like chewing plastic! The sauces were comparable to sewerage! 5 meals and not one remotely satisfied! Then brought a "complimentary" desert, only to be charged 6 euro per person for service (which was shocking anyway) due to the fact that they had provided extra service (desert!). So over priced, so rude, an all round TERRIBLE experience!

• 2 of 5 bubbles