“Very nice place”

Pelican Kipos Cafe Wine Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 184 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: Diner, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: Our restaurant is a nice option for those who are looking to enjoy a coffee,a drink or their food in a peaceful environment right in the center of Fira town. At a beautiful garden with palm trees, under the cool shade of a pergola you may taste delicious mediterranean flavours, accompanied with the wine of your choice, from our rich collection of 600 different selected labels from Santorini, Greece and around the world are carefully preserved in a 400 years old vaulted cave located 10 meters under the garden. For those who are interested in, wine tasting under the guidance of the qualified stuff is provided.
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

It's a very nice restaurant located in Fira center. With great ambience, very romantic, with good food and good service.
We met the owner and she was very kind. She went to every table to see if everything was ok, she recommended us good Greek wines and even invited us to a wine tasting the day after (unfortunately we couldn't make it because it was our last night in Santorini).

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,189)

Reviewed July 12, 2016

I loved this place. It was the first nice place we got to see when entering the town, so at first I thought, lets skip this and move on and see whats next and probably even better.
But no, this was already one of the nicer places of Fira. Very friendly, authentic staff. They made me feel like I was in Disneyland, I don t know how to explain it. Very friendly and patient. You pay of course for the quality but still prices are reasonable compared to the nice setting and the good food. It is right next to the busy road but if you sit a bit in the back of the garden, it is total bliss and tranquillity so to speak. I loved having breakfast here. Also had lunch here once or twice. No complaints and I could even compose my plate and pay a smal extra fee. I even asked them to peal the gambas and they did without blinking. Excellent service, as I said already. I should have add them on facebook. That is how friendly they were. Great place to spend time.

Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

Really good food and really good staff as well. Really enjoyed our experience and we definitely recomand it

Reviewed July 10, 2016

We have been there a few times for breakfast. For 9 euros you get a superb omelet, orange juice, coffee, bread, etc. A complete American breakfast. Their homemade freshly baked croissants are exceptional. If you are lucky enough your waiter will be Fotini, a true local sweetheart. The name Kipos means Garden in Greek, so you will be having your meal immerse in the beauty of natural vineyards, basil plants and other herbs, fruit trees, and flowers. Sometimes there is live music which completes this amazing picture. The best part is that you are secluded in a perfect setting, oblivious of the intense traffic and smoke emissions from downtown Fira.
Exceptional food, great value, outstanding service, excellent atmosphere ... check, check, check, check.

1  Thank Silvia D
Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have spent 2 weeks in Mykonos and Santorini and the highlight of our trip has been the food. Sadly the only poor meal we get good ad was at Pelican Kipos. Bland flavourless and overcooked. The service was too notch and the staff very friendly unfortunately let down by the meal.