“mama souper star”
Review of Mama's House

Mama's House
Ranked #38 of 190 Restaurants in Fira
Cuisines: American, Greek, Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2010

we been recomended from our hotel to mamas house also another few restaurants we wend to all and we wend to mamas last day of our trip that was our mistake because mamas house was better then the others better food better service and most of all we met mama that souper vwoman who is so kind and so welkome to all of us we never forget her and her personalitty next time we come to santorini we come the first day to mamas not the last one we primised we will recomende it this place to all our friends a great place

Reviewed May 25, 2010

We went early before the dinner rush, and had a wonderful, friendly waiter and had a long, gracious meal outside. Loved the fried cheese Graviera! A must try, Greek treat!

Reviewed May 25, 2010

I stopped by the restuarant just to review the menu one afternoon when Mama was greeting guests. She was very friendly and inviting even though I was not at that moment ready to eat but did decide, based upon the menu, that I would eat dinner there the next evening. Mama was not around that night and I did get to experience the older male "manager" discussed in other recent reviews. Yes he had a somewhat abrasive demeanor at first , but perhaps I caught him in a good mood, because he actually became very entertaining in the topics he chose to discuss with me. More importantly though the food was wonderful - service quick and priced very reasonable for Santorini. There is no view of the sea but the outdoor seating area is very comfortable and insulated from the street noise.

Reviewed May 20, 2010

Visit the place to eat - return for the 'Mama experience'!! Talk about larger than life! Mama serves tremendoud food - quick service, good quality and in sufficient quantity. Food is as you'd expect predominantly Greek but also does a range of breakfasts including the standard full English/American. We ate there 3 times and enjoyed it massively.
Mama is a one woman cabaret and great fun to watch and hear (at times a bit of swearing but in context and always good humour).
Open from 8 until midnight, located near the main Thira bus station. Prices from 5 euros to around 20 for food, drink prices also reasonable.
We paid around 30 euros for 2 mains and drinks so great value.
Point to note is that Mamas is not a coffe house - the lady will be quickly inform you!! So don't stop by for a coffe and toilet break - you'll get short shrift.
A fabulous experience all round

Reviewed May 18, 2010

My husband and I went to Mama's house after eating in several resturants in Fira, and Mama's house was the best food quality and the most reasonable prices. The fancy resturant are over priced and the food is very poor.
I had the chicken souvlaki and my husband had the Pork fillet with Haloumi cheese, both were yummy .
Mama is a special person, very funny and welcoming, and she sure can rise a smile on your face.